Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Goddamn this idol business. Nuke Japan already ffs.

Last time we nuked them gave us idols, I don’t want to see what will crawl out of the ashes next time…

3669c3306a0d9d15b22bb2982531c60a5a725982f579834d0ccce46c6e1f58e7-1.jpg

Nirvash

Liturgist
Lol "idols", you poor fools have no idea what awaits you.

Idols have now evolved in those youtuber anime girls, this damn bunny girl is legit the SECOND most viewed fermale streamer in the whole world.

OK i'm a fan now

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I'm pretty mixed on v-tubers. On one hand, they piss off Twitch e-thots, they're more entertaining, and they definitely deserve the donations more because they put it more effort (Korone does that stupid fucking voice for 10+ hour streams without breaking character).

On the other hand, if I ever got caught watching one I'd probably kill myself.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I don't get the v-tuber hate at all. I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I watch Rushia's streams. She's fucking hilarious. I never get tired of seeing her get riled up every time someone says pettan.

Endemic

Arcane
The "combat" in Haruka's segments is pretty bad, especially if you don't like rhythm games.

Fair enough. I can't think of a good minigame\job path for her that would also make sense in-universe (and isn't already covered by other significant characters). Maybe RGG could have down the talent management route instead, rather than dance battles.

Nirvash

Liturgist
I'm liking haruka idol thing, is a better/advanced karaoke.
But yeah, i can see this also getting old fast.

Anyway

IYoC5LQ.jpg

This cunt will die in the end, right?
Like... by taking a bulled for haruka... and falling from the millenium tower.

I don't get the v-tuber hate at all. I'm not at all ashamed to admit that I watch Rushia's streams. She's fucking hilarious. I never get tired of seeing her get riled up every time someone says pettan.

I absolutely adore how ELITE miko is.

Nirvash

Liturgist
Ok... haruka... so...

YUME

and moneydude is back!

XfJryna.jpg

oh no no no no no no no no no no no kiryu will get NTR no no no no no no no no no

Still not sure about cuntpark, but better writing than makoto

Nirvash

Liturgist
Lol, at the Y0 breaker majima "prototype" miniboss.

Well, completed haruka idol stuff, someone explain the running gig.
Also, only 2 songs? I'm disappoint.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Park is an even better character when you finish Yakuza 6 and realize that her recruiting Haruka is what ends up to Kiryu forever being separated from his children and grandchild

Nirvash

Liturgist
Omg ch 3 is STILL GOING and

THEY KIDNAPPED HARUKA AGAIN

AND

DRNnrEg.jpg

Are you fucking shitting me?

majima was cuntpark husband?
Why majima even married some 17 old korean troubled immigrant- yep park was makoto 2.0

Doktor Best

Arcane
I'm in chapter 9 of Yakuza Zero right now and to be honest i'm currently souring a bit on the game.

I really liked the game in the opening chapters. The story was interesting and the combat system showed promise.

In Combat i sure unlocked a few new moves, but most of these are just situational counterattacks. Crowd AI is suffering real bad from Asscreed Syndrome and bossfights suffer from limited movesets and stunlock patterns. In the end i am mashing fast attack for combo finisher 95% of the time. Feels like i'm still in the tutorial.

The story does more for me and is the reason i continue playing, but it also suffers from super dragged out exposition, a bit like the Persona games.

I mean its not a bad game. I like it. Atmosphere is top notch and its Bud Spencer and Terrence Hill in Yakuza setting. I just wish the combat had more to it.

Last edited:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The stunlock gets real bad in 6 lol, I still have nightmares from those big guys dropkicking me with pinpoint accuracy and tracking, if I got knocked down and missed a quick recovery, they would just keep knocking Kiryu while he's getting back up. I couldn't do anything other than run away and counter-dropkick the grunts, at least mine has AoE.

Nirvash

Liturgist
OK, completed ch3

Time for... policedude? Or not?

B0YHur2.jpg

OK, who the hell is this dude, oh god i love him already.

Nirvash

Liturgist
I love this dork, even the improved baseball minigame is ok.

Lol at daigo, i hope this plot makes sense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom