Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

Vexxt

Educated
Yeah I have no clue what they are thinking, but they are going about marketing this game all wrong.

STALKER players are PC gamers, and typically more towards the end of the spectrum that really appreciate game mechanics over glittery shit. I mean, let's be honest here, those types are the only ones that could deal with the launch issues, euro-jank, etc. in order to appreciate what was underneath. STALKER has been kept alive since 2010 by the modding community, and the only people still playing or paying attention are the hardcore fans.

Having said all of that, nobody gives a shit about "in engine" "cinematic" scenes with no HUD or actual gameplay. Market the game to your fanbase! Good examples of what the community actually wants to know\see:

1.) At least a screenshot of the inventory screen
2.) Will the game still have lean?
3.) How many weapons? How will attachments work? Will weapons degrade over time?
4.) Will it still have light survival mechanics like thirst, hunger etc?
5.) How many mutants? Factions?
6.) IS it one giant map with no loading screens? Or is it more like CoP with 3 big areas connected?

Again, a few screenshots of the inventory system and a long Q and A answering some of those questions would go a long way -

I mean holy shit....do they really not know who cares most about this game?

Their reveal trailer was a good way to get interest from people that have no clue what STALKER is, so fine - but can we move on?

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Im not afraid about game future only IF they make it very open to modding. They can release barebone game like bethesda do, new engine, new good fundamentals and game mechanics, but leave polishing to modders. At least i would bank on modding scene, it would be waste to not count on so many slavic fans doing their shit.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
STALKER players are PC gamers, and typically more towards the end of the spectrum that really appreciate game mechanics over glittery shit. I
Lmao you are talking about gamers who spend $2000 more than console gamers so they can play a game in a mode that can render slightly more texture and effects on a rock. PC gamer is all about that glittery shit.

Vexxt

Educated
Lmao you are talking about gamers who spend $2000 more than console gamers so they can play a game in a mode that can render slightly more texture and effects on a rock. PC gamer is all about that glittery shit.

IF that were the case, then back in 2007 nobody would have bought STALKER and the original Crysis would have been the best selling game of all time.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
STALKER players are PC gamers, and typically more towards the end of the spectrum that really appreciate game mechanics over glittery shit. I

You're barking up the wrong tree, STALKER players are Slavic DX8 static lighting types with Pentium 4 running on coal.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You're barking up the wrong tree, STALKER players are Slavic DX8 static lighting types with Pentium 4 running on coal.
Joke aside i do have such a computer with stalker on it,even an HDD with 20gb on it and XP.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Strange here in Germany Stalker was known for being one of the few good reasons to overclock your core2duo to 4ghz and to own an 1Gb GPU. The idea of running it on anything on anything except a gaming PC seems wrong to me to this day.

passerby

Arcane
I mean holy shit....do they really not know who cares most about this game?

They do, they also know that people who still care about Stalker don't need to be marketed to, since they're a small niche group of customers compared to the numbers it has to sell and they'll eat it up anyway, since the market is not exactly flooded with Stalker clones.

ferratilis

Magister
Yeah, alright. Shouldn't they have some gameplay by now? Stalker had gameplay videos all the way back in 2001, and we know how the development of that game went. This trailer doesn't impress nearly as much as the old Stalker trailers, which are almost impossible to find nowadays. As a kid, I used to buy a popular Croatian PC magazine, BUG, and every month there would be a DVD with the magazine containing game demos/trailers etc. with it. There was a series of Stalker trailers narrated by some British guy about combat, anomalies, A-life, the world. Everyone was blown away at the time. Fuck Cyberpunk, the hype for Stalker was bigger. Of course, everyone was disappointed because of how much content they cut, but it was still an impressive game, and remains to this day.

Dodo1610

Arcane
No one shows gameplay anymore before the visuals are almost finished. The reason for this is the online mob which does not understand game development and will complain about the pre-alpha graphics until release. Same thing happened with Elex everyone complained that it looked like shit when the game was first shown 2 years prior to release but shockingly on release it looked much better. Of course because of that shitstorm PB hasn't yet released anything about Elex2.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
No one shows gameplay anymore before the visuals are almost finished. The reason for this is the online mob which does not understand game development and will complain about the pre-alpha graphics until release. Same thing happened with Elex everyone complained that it looked like shit when the game was fist shown 2 years prior to release but shockingly on release it looked much better. Of course because of that shitstorm PB hasn't yet released anything about their Elex2.

Yep just look at half the YT comments on pre-release gameplay for games in active development. All variations on "Looks shit, won't buy"

Better to just wait till you have something polished to show.

Terenty

Liturgist
All these prerelease trailers, dev diaries etc are completely uslesess anyway.

They gonna tell you how many cool ideas they have and how they 100% gonna implement them, how it's the best thing they've ever worked on and other bullshit for gullible sheep and then release a fucking turd with everything cool left on the cutting floor.

You need to be a complete moron to believe and get hyped for anything today

Drakortha

Liturgist
I zoned out completely during that overly long showcase of weapon models. What is up with this shit? wow look at the teeth detail I can't wait to buy this trash day 1 so I can look at the teeth where every NPC smile is unique like every planet in No Man's Sky. NOT. STALKER 2 is in my trash can already. These fucking developers can go die in a hole for all I care, I'm sick and tired of these shit games they are producing. They probably hired a bunch of armchair developers from Fiverr to make these models for them. WOWWW Look at the REFLECTIONS on these GUNS!! What year is it, is it 1998?? FUCK OFF!!!

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
These gamer losers can't wait to play their STALKER 2 on their Xbox game pass and pretend to be a real stalker fan. When in reality they played SoC for 5 minutes and got bored because it didn't have unlockables and loot boxes and Lvl Ups every 2 second. The current gamer generation is literally retarded, their brain cannot process information in a game unless it's repeatedly feeding their brain dopamine by use of special sound effects and flying sparkles and colors on their screen, rewarding them every 2 seconds for taking a shit. Soulless retards the whole lot of them and these developers keep feeding into that demographic with these stupid fucking videos. I'm done with this shit!

Last edited:
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
The original Stalkers are games that by all laws of physics and this universe shouldn't have been good, and yet somehow they managed to capture an indescribable quality and charm that can only be the result of the deepest recesses of a drunk Ukranian's subconsciousness. It's almost as if the mystic paths of fate, of everything that was and ever will be, converged on that one point in time and space to create a masterpiece, a masterpiece that almost stands in defiance to reality.

But then the Ukranians, being Ukranians, decided to try and Jew out a sequel that will inevitably be a much shittier experience, and all who play it are going to think "I could be playing the originals right now".

Drakortha

Liturgist
and all who play it are going to think "I could be playing the originals right now".

You assume too much of them. Do you really think these current gamers possess the brain power to even remember a game from 10 years ago, let alone admit that it's better than whatever Zoomer trash game they are playing today? Nope, they are going to all be on reddit and twitter touting how great the game is because it has nice looking sunsets or some shit and they'll be circle jerking the same recycled STALKER memes over and over again like they are in on some trend. That's all these gamers do these days is jump off the Fortnite bus and infest every other franchise in existence. Then when the well is dry, they jump right back on the bus again where they wait for the next stop.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
>Implying I give a fuck what reddit zoomers think
Although saying all who play it was an error on my part. I should have said the esteemed and prestigious autists of the Codex who can't let go of the past.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
and all who play it are going to think "I could be playing the originals right now".

You assume too much of them. Do you really think these current gamers possess the brain power to even remember a game from 10 years ago, let alone admit that it's better than whatever Zoomer trash game they are playing today? Nope, they are going to all be on reddit and twitter touting how great the game is because it has nice looking sunsets or some shit and they'll be circle jerking the same recycled STALKER memes over and over again like they are in on some trend. That's all these gamers do these days is jump off the Fortnite bus and infest every other franchise in existence. Then when the well is dry, they jump right back on the bus again where they wait for the next stop.

Yeah I highly doubt the STALKER franchise will be anything but niche, even if STALKER 2 is successful.

The Metro series which is far more mainstream and well known amongst normies is still pretty niche and unknown overall.

Even with M$ and Epic backing, GSC is still just a AA studio at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
That is true, there is a large influx of fags and troons on the Codex. Find me a Codexer who'll say that Fallout 4 is better than 1/2/NV though.... not counting Templar.

Edit: Too slow Drakortha

distant

Learned
Hopefully the popularity of Tarkov can help raise it's profile a little.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom