Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
New interview, not much that we didn't know already

Do you have any plans to eventually bring the game to PS5 as well? Why did you decide to launch as an Xbox console exclusive?

No plans for now. We negotiated the possibilities with Microsoft and saw several good opportunities for the brand — including Game Pass.

That’s said, we’re concentrating on the Xbox Series X/S version.

Actually I think due to language barrier and Russians just not giving a fuck - they sort of inadvertently revealed Microsoft's thought process here.

I think most people have probably already guessed / assumed this but..

I read this as basically confirmation that any IP Microsoft controls including anything by Bethesda and Obiidian / InXile are going to be banned from the PS5 unless Sony allows gamepass services. Again the writing on the wall was there - but this is further confirmation in my mind.

Curratum

It is no longer the year 2003 laddies. This new game costs many times what the original Stalker cost back then. They're not making a game for you, they are trying to make an edgy "Russian biohazard sign mutants gas masks" shooter for everyone, because that baby will need to sell a lot more copies than there are old Stalker fans to be even close to successful.

You can just spare us all the pointless moaning, as though the game could have ever been anything like the old ones to an extent old fans would enjoy.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Nothing in that video is real gameplay, though it looks nice. Rather than a "gameplay trailer" this is a trailer of the gameplay, how they dream it would play and look like. Given this quality, at this point maybe they should transition into a movie studio in order to avoid risks as whatever they show of the actual game after this (if ever) will raise a great wave of butthurt bemoaning the downgrade and the fruitless long wait.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really want to see the inventory screen (or lack of) it will be very enlightening to how artefacts, outfits and weapon storage actually work.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe STALKER should've been left dead and abandoned.

Just leave it to the modders at this point. With all the work they chuck into openxray and the big projects they'll end up making their own sequel at some stage.

Still, I hope this one might turn out to be "good for what it is" or even alright.

vibehunter

Learned
Visually, I like it. But that’s where it ends.

As soon as I saw the endless wave of “lul looks like metro and Tarkov” comments I knew it was all over.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What I just saw was disgusting. They could have at least script the AI to do... something. But no, enemies just stand there waiting to be popped. Huge step backwards from the original games.

On top of that they were playing with a controller. When the player was looking around for the bloodsucker and that 180º turn took soooooooooo damn long...

Sure, looks pretty, but if that's all you care about, you're better off playing Metro or whatever AAA shooter the industry pumps out.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I honestly felt Stalker 2 had the best showing of everything so far.
This event was a train wreck and I knew immediately in the back of my head that it was missing that "Stalker" aesthetic. But I kinda wonder if maybe having low end graphics is part of the aesthetic. I wonder if a modern engine that isn't jank as fuck can even deliver what people expect from a Stalker game.

The minute they enable Linear PBR lighting it stops looking like Stalker.

Perkel

Arcane
yeah defnitely the best trailer out of those.

What is more important it got right zone and STALKER theme. There are some cinematic story bits in trailer but i doubt they will go into game, probably for trailer only.

vibehunter

Learned
The trailer is obviously marketed toward the console sofa gamer crowd. They started the trailer with a call of duty esque shootout.

I feel like they will do an okay job getting the aesthetic right. Modders will have to fix the rest.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
The trailer is obviously marketed toward the console sofa gamer crowd. They started the trailer with a call of duty esque shootout.

I feel like they will do an okay job getting the aesthetic right. Modders will have to fix the rest.

I'm still concerned about how moddable the game will be. It'll be the first moddable UE4 game I've seen if they actually pull it off.

Great thing about the originals is XRay used Lua for scripting and an open text format for the extracted data files.

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
It's a major gaming event trailer. Did you really expect anything else? These trailers are the equivalent of dangling a shining object in front of a cat. Their only purpose is to look good, have some "exciting" action in them and to fool gullible retards into getting excited for the game. There's zero actual gameplay shown in them.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
No EGS exculsivity.

Chernobyl Exclusion Zone has changed dramatically after the second massive explosion in year 2006. Violent mutants, deadly anomalies, warring factions have made the Zone a very tough place to survive. It turned out that the center of the Zone hides the source of incredible power. Nevertheless, artifacts of unbelievable value attracted many people called S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s, who entered the Zone for their own risk striving to make a fortune out of it or even to find the Truth concealed in the Heart of Chernobyl.

EPIC NONLINEAR STORY IN SEAMLESS OPEN WORLD
Take over a role of the lone stalker and explore photorealistic seamless open world in a 64-km² radioactive zone with a variety of environments that reveal post-apocalyptic atmosphere from different angles. Make your way through the Zone to define your destiny as you choose your paths within highly branching epic story.

VARIETY OF ENEMIES AND HUNDREDS OF WEAPON COMBINATIONS
Meet members of different factions deciding who of them worth your friendship and who deserve a bullet. Engage intense gunfights with a variety enemies that follow different tactics trying to outsmart you. Choose your preferable firearms from 30+ types of weapons with numerous modifications that allow creating hundreds of distinctive lethal combinations.

LEGENDARY MUTANTS WITH DIFFERENT BEHAVIOUR MODELS
Prepare to encounter horrifying mutated creatures that will try to slaughter you following different behaviour model. Each mutant may appear in different subtypes which makes their behaviour less predictible. Truly extreme danger represent regions with lairs with numerous mutants hunting in large groups.

ARTIFACTS OF INCREDIBLE VALUE AND UNFORGIVING ANOMALIES
The most valuable artifacts and secrets of the Zone are hidden in the most dangerous places. Beware of the hazardous anomalies and unique devastating arch-anomalies as you hunt for highly valuable artifacts scattered around the Zone. Will you dare to unveil the mysteries of the Zone that took lives of many others before you?

Discover legendary S.T.A.L.K.E.R. universe and experience:
  • Unique gameplay built on a blend of FPS, horror and immersive sim
  • Non-linear story with the variety of paths that lead to one of the several endings
  • Benchmark-setting graphics developed using cutting-edge photogrammetric and scanning technologies
  • Advanced artificial intelligence systems that will keep engaged even the most hard-boiled players
  • Life-simulating system “A-life 2.0” that makes the game world feel alive as never before
  • Immersive survival mechanics like hunger, sleeping, bleeding, radiation effects that enrich the gameplay
  • Dynamic day-night cycle and weather will add even more realism to the gameplay experience
  • Mod support giving the freedom to the creative players to extend and enrich the game universe
GOOD HUNTING, STALKER!

Also DLC plans.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R._2_Deluxe_616_x_353.png

DELUXE EDITION INCLUDES:
  • Additional Story-Based Side Quest
  • Single Player: 1 Costume Skin & 3 Weapon Skins
  • Multiplayer: 2 Costume Skins & 3 Weapon Skins
  • Digital Artbook
  • Digital Soundtrack
PRE-ORDER DELUXE EDITION NOW TO GET EXCLUSIVE BONUSES:
  • Extended Campfire Content: more guitar tunes and tales that you can hear in the game around the stalkers' campfires
  • 'Early Bird' Weapon Skin
  • 'Early Bird' Costume Skin
  • 'Early Bird' Multiplayer Badge
  • Steam Pack: Animated Avatar, Animated Avatar Frame & Animated Profile Background

ULTIMATE EDITION
S.T.A.L.K.E.R._2_Ultimate_616_x_353.png

ULTIMATE EDITION INCLUDES:
  • Season Pass With Access to All Future DLCs, Including 2 Story Expansions
  • Additional Story-Based Side Quest
  • Single Player: 1 Costume Skin & 3 Weapon Skins
  • Multiplayer: 3 Costume Skins & 7 Weapon Skins for Multiplayer
  • Digital Artbook
  • Digital Soundtrack
PRE-ORDER ULTIMATE EDITION NOW TO GET EXCLUSIVE BONUSES:
  • Extended Campfire Content: more guitar tunes and tales that you can hear in the game around the stalkers' campfires
  • 'Early Bird' Weapon Skin
  • 'Early Bird' Costume Skin
  • 'Early Bird' Multiplayer Badge
  • Steam Pack: Animated Avatar, Animated Avatar Frame & Animated Profile Background

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

I'm still concerned about how moddable the game will be. It'll be the first moddable UE4 game I've seen if they actually pull it off.

Great thing about the originals is XRay used Lua for scripting and an open text format for the extracted data files.

Not true, Tons of UE4 games are moddable, in fact the Unreal Engine makes it super easy to publish a devkit for your game where you can add custom game logic / assets as Blueprint that get loaded in a greedy fashion via .uasset packages.
For any of this to happen the developers need to support it though.

Modding with zero help from the devs - is doable, far more tedious although no different than any other game engine.

vibehunter

Learned
When you saw the reception for the trailer, you knew the game is bad? I don't follow your reasoning.

You're right, it’s illogical. I just felt that there is going to be a new audience for this game and they will be the focus. Not surprised, but sad all the same.

I was under the impression that UE is very moddable. I don’t know much about game engines though.

Yeah X-ray is awesome and I’m really glad it’s open source now.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

Not true, Tons of UE4 games are moddable, in fact the Unreal Engine makes it super easy to publish a devkit for your game where you can add custom game logic / assets as Blueprint that get loaded in a greedy fashion via .uasset packages.
For any of this to happen the developers need to support it though.

Modding with zero help from the devs - is doable, far more tedious although no different than any other game engine.

Those devkits are complex to use and usually require a full install of the SDK are no where near the ease of open data files.

Also judging by the UE4 forums, lots of "simple" things are very complex via that route.

I can make massive changes to any of the three STALKER games with notepad alone.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though, could you provide some examples of UE4 games that are fully moddable? I.e. don't have cooked archives and allow full access to the data files?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom