Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl - coming April 28th

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by ESh, May 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. The Vanished One Prophet

The Vanished One
    Please be good... Please, Jesus, make it good... I will be a good boy.

• Funny x 5
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 5
    • sheeple x 2
    • Despair x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. normie Arcane Patron Zionist Agent

normie
    Insert Title Here
    swamp is in the game, so it could possibly be the next best game after clear sky

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. prengle Learned

prengle
    sergey is a greedy coke-snorting cunt who wants more lamborghini money? wtf who could have possibly predicted this

also lol it's not releasing in april

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Despair Despair x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    Trailer looks good. I am all in. Fuck the haters.

• Brofist x 3
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • consume product x 1
    • No x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Jenkem お前はもう死んでいる Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    allegedly comes out in a year but:
    can't tell you what version of unreal engine they are going to use
    don't have any gameplay to show (the trailer was pre-rendered and scripted)
    can't tell you the system requirements yet
    please preorder though
    that'll be 60 dollars plus tip
    oh? you want the full game?
    that will be 110 dollars plus tip

:decline:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Latelistener Arcane

Latelistener
    As far as I can tell it could be SoC all over again. It promised so much, but delivered so little. The only reason why it's got a cult following is because the setting was good. And it only came out because THQ became involved and downsized the project.

CoP was able to partially deliver those promises, but it was a bit too late at that point. I mean, the original game didn't even have emissions.

You'll have to be insane to pre-order this for $60 after one scripted gameplay that didn't really show anything specific.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Despair Despair x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Curratum Magister

Curratum
    I'm not saying "don't be skeptical" or "preorder it now", I'm just saying it's illogical to be angry about a game being consolised when it's current year and it's selling on consoles.

^ Top  
  8. cretin Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Douchebag! Possibly Retarded Edgy

cretin
    Trailer looks good.

Too good.

I'm waiting for the rug pull.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'd avoid making any assumptions till we get some concrete info on game mechanics.

^ Top  
  10. Curratum Magister

Curratum
    I don't even think the trailer looks too good. The system requirements are pretty chunky so I expect that sort of hardware to be able to produce those visuals, without any dumbing down on the visual side.

Of course, we still need to see more of the mechanics, interactions and interface, but I don't really expect much of a visual downgrade.

Saddens me that they seem to have hired proper, professional voice actors and the stalkers' voice lines are delivered a bit too smoothly and with a bit too much of a rehearsed movie actor voice, instead of the rough down-and-out genuine voices of the original games, but what can you do...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Jenkem お前はもう死んでいる Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    I, too, have high hopes for Invisible War.

• Funny Funny x 21
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Drakortha Arbiter

Drakortha
    [​IMG]

• Doggy Doggy x 2
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Konjad High on potatoes Patron

Konjad
    Strap Yourselves In Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
  14. thesecret1 Arcane

thesecret1
    Map could be good despite its massive size if they utilize factions right. I mean CoP was pretty fun even outside of the "points of interests" because you could always run into some wild mutants, or meet a bandit squad while travelling around, and if they combined it with a more intelligent faction AI that actually tries to fight skirmishes against its enemies and take over locations, you could always find yourself in interesting situations. The only problem I see is whether they'll be able to fill the map enough with interesting stuff – not necessarily anything quest or anomaly related, just a random old house there, a burned out car there, so that it doesn't end up being "Hey, we have a 64km² map, 50km² of that is a procedurally generated forest"

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Onionguy Educated

Onionguy
    Stalker is probably the only series in existence, where i don't really mind traversing wider stretches of empty wilderness. It just feels so good to immerse yourself in those eastern environments, with nothing but their ambience and some occasional ruins here and there. On the other hand, 64km² sounds like a total overkill even with that idea in mind. That's where A-life 2 should really come into play and shine, by making everything far less predictable. It's not only about factions, but also about randomizing anomalies and artifact placement, making more frequent mutants migrations and population growths, and just tuning every encounter with strangers to feel tense as hell. Well adjusted A-life should force us into some sort of guessing game- does this gopnik, making his way down there in the scrapyard, really belongs to freedom or maybe he's some hostile loner/ bandit. should I approach him right away and ask to drink Cossacs with me or shoot him from afar/ leave him be, waiting patiently till he steps on that anomaly. Without this kind of events/choices, it's gonna be just another typical open world shooter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. thesecret1 Arcane

thesecret1
    Yeah, that's what I meant – with that sort of thing, it doesn't matter if the map is a bit empty (though the occassional ruin or point of interest are still very much needed) since the AI should create conflicts and stories and what not naturally. Especially if we end up having some good mods again. The map so big though that I fear they may not be able to really fill it enough despite all this. 64 is really an overkill, they should go for half that, and even then it'd be a tall order.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    Bro..

Considering that their trailer was basically a pre-rendered demo.. and they are attempting to make a world this big with this much creep scope.. that they've been developing forrr.. what.. 4 years?
    A small russian team known for Euro-Jank.. is going to now make a deep Metro style story on a shoe string budget rivalling the size and scope of many AAA games (combined) with integrated online, deep story, fully animated characters and for sure won't cut any corners on a map that large..

AKA:
    Lol :lol:

If anyone pre-orders this you deserve what you get - don't forget those multiplayer skins and those extra guitar songs..
    Only if you pre-order the CYKA-BLYAT 129.99 edition though ; ))) Open your wallets comrades.

^ Top  
  18. Siel Arcane Patron

Siel
    it will be shit

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • No No x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Diablo1_reborn Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic Patron

Diablo1_reborn
    Holy shit! I knew those creatures reminded me of something...

[​IMG]

• Funny x 13
    • Artistic x 2
    • feels good man x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Drakortha Arbiter

Drakortha
    You won't see a disfigured man like that in STALKER 2. Not in current year. It would offend someone.

^ Top  
  21. normie Arcane Patron Zionist Agent

normie
    Insert Title Here
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Ialda Educated

Ialda
    Looks Metro-ified : more NPCs, more narration, less unforgivable military sim. No blowouts. The atmosphere seems a bit off.

But fuck it, it's STALKER, I will be there day 1.

• Brofist x 2
    • consume product x 2
    • Yes x 2
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Finitron Learned

Finitron
    Trailer looks too good, be aware that the actual gamepaly and graphics won't be like this.

• Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Silva Arcane

Silva
    And yet this was exactly the case with original Stalker team.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

:hailcthulhu:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. robinox Novice

robinox
    I liked the arm reaching down to pick up items, I missed that little detail since crysis 1 (IIRC warhead already removed it) and I always thought it would have suited perfectly to stalker. I also liked the zone landscape from that rooftop scene.
    The rest of the trailer not so much, especially the muted colors and the hot shots tier staged shootout.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.