Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
gsc is legitimately shooting themselves in the foot by cutting off the russian market. it goes without saying that STALKER is pretty much ukraine's greatest cultural export (in terms of computer games). in the west, people grew up with games like halo, half life, or call of duty if they were raised on FPS games for entertainment. in the former soviet bloc, people were raised on STALKER. it's quite literally the FPS blockbuster of that part of the world.

however, this won't stop dedicated pirates publishing their repacks on rutracker. why doesn't gsc just prevent that from being more prevalent by selling to the russian market

toughasnails

People in those parts don't buy games anyway.
And when they do, they pay a significantly lower price. So I don't think it much of a loss in that regard.

I am however wondering about the future of Stalker's modding community given how it was already fairly filled with edgelords. I can imagine something like some Russian modders demanding that nobody translates their stuff to English and that sort of thing.

ADL

Prophet
Update: From a trusted source we can't name, Vortex has the move confirmed. Part of the team is actually heading to the Czech Republic, where it is already applying for business. The GSC leadership finally chose Prague.

The original report continues: "I can confirm that the GSC studio approached the Association at the beginning of last week, saying that they are looking at the Czech Republic and neighboring countries. They needed help from us regarding legal and employment matters, "Pavel Barák told Vortex. However, he explained that even though the CzechInvest business and investment support agency is also involved in the negotiations, he does not yet have final confirmation that the studio will actually be anchored in our territory. "Unfortunately, we haven't done much for the Association yet. Mainly because I dropped out of work, "Barák said, referring to the fact that he is currently unwell due to coronavirus disease.

However, he referred to the Game Cluster association operating in Brno, which was to initiate a discussion with people from GSC Game World, and emphasized that if the studio could be brought to the Czech Republic, it would be mainly their merit. "We are maximum to help studios and individuals who are fleeing the war and would like to continue working in the gaming industry. They also have full support for the studies [which are part of the Association], "added the chairman of GDA.
https://www.vortex.cz/autori-s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-mohou-zamirit-do-ceska-potvrzuji-zdroje-vortexu/

Wunderbar

Arcane
Afaik all men between 18 and 60yo are not allowed to leave the country. So how are they able to move? Deserting?
bribery?

AFAIK Ukrainian army has more than enough volunteers, they even refuse to take people if they haven't served before because it'd be a hassle to train them from scratch.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
GSC Game World Charity Sale
It has been more than a month since the war started in Ukraine. A painful and horribly long time. But in these exact moments, a genuine unity appears. These days, «Duty» with «Freedom» are standing shoulder to shoulder in a single row with militaries, protecting their motherland. Free volunteers are fetching incredibly rare stuff from the well-developed stashes network. Cossacks from Territorial Defence are consolidating to transform any little town into an impregnable Sich. And mages of the Internet are casting Empire-Annihilation spells to ensure our efficient informational support and helping the world to find the truth about the events.
:hmmm::nocountryforshitposters::deathclaw::kingcomrade:

And to help these and many other Ukrainians, GSC Game World is starting a charity sale of its games. All the money gained will be transferred to the «Come back alive» fund, which saves Ukrainians' lives each day since 2014.

The sale is active from the 4th to the 11th of April on Steam (S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy only), GOG, HumbleBundle, Fanatical, Greenmangaming, GamersGate. It includes all the released games of our studio with up to 80% discount.

While buying during this sale, you are helping to save lives!

And don't forget that you can directly donate to the «Come back alive» fund. More information on the link: comebackalive.in.ua/donate

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/stalker-2-delayed-until-2023/

Stalker 2 delayed until 2023​

Development on Heart of Chornobyl had to be paused following the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Development on Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl(opens in new tab) recently resumed, after being paused in February following the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Studio GSC Game World was based in Kyiv but has had to help its staff and their families relocate, during which period it also changed the game's name: hit's now Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl, reflecting the Ukrainian spelling of the region.

The game was still scheduled for a December launch(opens in new tab) though, given the circumstances, this seemed increasingly optimistic. At the Xbox and Bethesda showcase last night, a slide near the end of the presentation listing games coming out over the next 12 months showed Stalker 2 as now being down for a 2023 release.

I contacted GSC Game World and asked if the slide was accurate. "It happened a little bit earlier than expected, we were actually planning to reveal it in the upcoming days," writes GSC's Zakhar Bocharov. "But yes, the game now releases in 2023."

A game's release date is of course unimportant in the context of war, but Stalker 2(opens in new tab) is just one of many ways that Russia's illegal invasion has had knock-on effects in the gaming and tech industry. GSC Game World is currently in the process of relocating to Prague, and in March ceased operations in Russia (which resulted in the game's website being blocked in an act of petty censorship.) The studio has condemned the "inhuman cruelty" of the invasion, and this is a question of survival for its employees and their families.

toughasnails

I guess it is understandable and most people will support them there but it still seems kinda knee-jerk, reactive move. If the story will now reflect the current post-invasion situation they could have for example Russian special forces present in the Zone as the hostile faction (and they would obviously be speaking Russian). Or they could also have Russian NPCs who switched side and stand with Ukrainians, I think if anything that would annoy nationalistically minded Ruskies much more than the wholesale purge.

Curratum

I uh... I don't know about you guys, but I'm not really going to play a Stalker game without Russian voices.

One of the autismo-land mods of the original I tried had the Ukrainian voices on and it was terrible. To my mind, the Russian voices are an integral part of the experience, as much as any other core element and honestly, I don't think I would be interested in the game without them.

Stupid that it came to this, I understand their decision and why they decided to do it but... It's just not Stalker anymore, to my brain and ears.

Wunderbar

Arcane
One of the autismo-land mods of the original I tried had the Ukrainian voices on and it was terrible.
how can you judge an entire language based on some mod with low-quality amateur voiceacting? I reckon an average non-slav wouldn't be able to distinguish ukrainian mova from russpeak.

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
how can you judge an entire language based on some mod with low-quality amature voiceacting? I reckon an average westerner wouldn't be able to distinguish ukrainian mova from russpeak.

Being inclusive in nature - I'm all for implementing both at the same time. Have Ukros and Russkies duke it out as ethno-linguistically divided gangs in the Zone.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

kepler

Novice
how can you judge an entire language based on some mod with low-quality amature voiceacting? I reckon an average non-slav wouldn't be able to distinguish ukrainian mova from russpeak.

Exactly this. Just throw some SUKA! into any slavic language and it's russian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom