Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

Curratum

Feel free to go to the "Is gaming officially over" thread and drop a "yes".

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sounds like they're getting around the steam rules by not actually offering any future NFTs once the game launches.

All the NFTs seem to be sold/activated pre-launch.

Scummy as fuck either way. Stalker subreddit, /vg/, Anomaly discord and official discord all seem to be in full uproar over it.

Sad thing is, Sergiy probably thinks he'll make more money from NFT whales than any negative impact on sales from bad PR. He may well be correct with how retarded the current NFT market is.

Curratum

That's exactly it.

At this point devs know that they will make more money from loony whales than they would if they sold a good product to thousands more people, but at just $60. And this is how gaming ends, not with a bang, but with a brainfart.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
honestly, i care about a good stalker more than NFT hatewagon. there Is still a big IF the game is actually good i might consider buying it, but the marketing so far just remind me of plethora of troubled AAA release. no real gameplay/screenshot 4 months just before release, tons of bullshots, """gameplay""" trailer, etc.

Riskbreaker

Explain this to me as if I was five. I don't understand how it works, except it creates some kind of unique digital link or whatever for ownership?? But how does this translate into gaming? Been reading that UBIsoft want to do it too. How do they expect to earn money from this?
I don't get it either. Makes me understand just how outta loop I am when these terms pop out almost overnight and all outta sudden everyone uses them with ease that implies understanding.
But mayhaps it's fine being outta loop when others are en route to ditch (not that they won't drag you with them).
I don't even see the difference between this and the tradable items in Valve's games that so enriched Gabe's ample person. And those are already like a maximally distilled commodity fetishism.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
honestly, i care about a good stalker more than NFT hatewagon. there Is still a big IF the game is actually good i might consider buying it, but the marketing so far just remind me of plethora of troubled AAA release. no real gameplay/screenshot 4 months just before release, tons of bullshots, """gameplay""" trailer, etc.

The fact they're focusing on cash grabs, and not even regular cash grabs but NFT scams, before even releasing real gameplay footage shows their priority.

I dunno what anyone expected with Sergiy being involved. Sergiy who previously bought a Ferrari rather than pay his devs the wages they were owed.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
That's exactly it.

At this point devs know that they will make more money from loony whales than they would if they sold a good product to thousands more people, but at just $60. And this is how gaming ends, not with a bang, but with a brainfart.

When you consider the socio-economic phenomena that's been occurring over the past couple of decades:

-decline of the middle class
-increasing concentration of wealth into fewer and fewer of hands
-massive inflation

I'm not surprised to be quite honest that this is happening. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

I'm not at all into 'forced redistribution' (aka Communism) but not sure what else can be done at this point.

The above factors are a major reason "free-to-play" games, where "whales" essentially subsidize the players who pay nothing, are hugely popular now.

Last edited:

Ghulgothas

Arcane
"Based on feedback we received we've made a decision to cancel anything NFT related in S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2"

There may have been another reason.

Capture.png

Capture2.png

TL/DR, No Blacks Allowed.

Terenty

Liturgist
When RetardEra gets the hold of these screens and finds out the real reason NFT was cancelled

eating-popcorn.gif

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
When RetardEra gets the hold of these screens and finds out the real reason NFT was cancelled

They don't really seem to care much about STALKER 2. They've had a couple of threads on it which haven't had many posts.

It's probably too obscure a franchise for the kind of "people" that populate Resetera.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm seriously considering making the jump from an HDD to an SSD just for STALKER 2 lol - but that's *if* I buy it

Curratum

I'm seriously considering making the jump from an HDD to an SSD just for STALKER 2 lol - but that's *if* I buy it

I did that to play Tarkov, but Tarkov ended up being autistic shit and now I'm just enjoying the additional benefits of having a SSD to play games on :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom