Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 is coming

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by ESh, May 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dodo1610 Magister

Dodo1610
    The Stalker games are weird no matter how much I read about them or hear about the crazy features they have. Whenever I actually play them, I get bored and lose interest after a few hours. :negative:

• Agree x 2
    • decline x 2
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Arcane Patron

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I agree with those who say that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has a special atmosphere of the nuked Soviet bumblefuck. I don't like it myself, because I've been fed up with it over the years spent in post-Soviet countries. But I can understand people who like it, especially if it's a novelty for them.

For me, gameplay is still the king. And the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. gameplay is unbearably boring and monotonous. Of course, it's better than that of Fallout 3/NV/4. But this isn't so much of an achievement.

• FAKE NEWS x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • No x 1
    • Deus Vult x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Twiglard Savant

Twiglard
    It's not about the interactivity. But what are the actual tasteful open-world games?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. United Nations Legion

United Nations
    Have you ever played any of the Metro trilogy?

Both games were created by people who were at one time or another working on STALKER.

Metro to me is a lot more boring than STALKER, it's nothing more than a linear, on the rails, scripted shooter with QTE's.

The fact that STALKER features an open world, inventory, and quest system makes it a superior gaming experience.

Of course, because I'm Ukrainian myself, I'm biased to any/all games featuring Chernobyl/Pripyat as a setting. ;)

• Agree x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • incline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. udm Arcane Patron

udm
    The biggest thing that killed the first Metro game for me was that Artyom could literally die in front of an NPC and they'd just keep walking as if he didn't exist. That, plus the clean gas filters that couldn't be picked up and the ultra-linear levels, made me uninstall the game and never look back at the series once I'd completed it.

^ Top  
  6. crus Novice

crus
    any implementation of stalker 2 hater thread?

• Okily Dokily! Okily Dokily! x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. JDR13 Prophet

JDR13
    Sounds like you were a victim of your own expectations. The Metro games weren't meant to be like Stalker.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. crus Novice

crus
    Stalker games are separated from other games for not its semi open world design, atmosphere, or its inventory or quest system or it is a rpg or not a rpg.
    Its seperated because of fucking very good A.I. Then ballistics , atmosphere etc.... come.

^ Top  
  9. jaydee2k Learned

jaydee2k

Best game

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • nice nice x 1
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. GrafvonMoltke Savant

GrafvonMoltke
    Deadly anomalies, dangerous mutants, anarchists and bandits. None of them will stop Gregorovich on his triumphant march towards destroying the STALKER series!

[​IMG]

• Brofist x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. cretin Learned

cretin
    I wouldnt call the ballistics realistic at all. It merely has ballistics, as opposed to almost every other FPS which lazily uses hitscan solutions. And no, mods dont really change this, most mods simply increase the range, accuracy and damage of weapons. Most modders are morons, frankly, and its much simpler for them to simply edit the basic weapon attributes until they get a result they want (more often than not: the COD-ification of the gameplay, e.g low TTK and high accuracy) than it is to do stuff like modify the ballistics.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Mexi Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Mexi
    Yeah, I couldn't get into STALKER. They need to do something to not make it so fucking boring. I got pretty far, I think. Stopped after you get to that zone with all that radiation. I think it's the second or third town. The one where you can fight people in a cage or something... Anyways, it's a boring game. The world just feels so lifeless and boring.

• retadred x 5
    • Participation Award x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Mexi Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Mexi
    It wishes.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. United Nations Legion

United Nations
    Did you install the Complete mod?

It gets all kind of hate on this forum, but it seriously is the best and only one to go with for Shadow of Chernobyl, or any of them for that matter.

You either like the burned out, post USSR setting or you don't.

I have looked at all kind of pictures of the real Chernobyl Exclusion Zone and it's a pretty faithful recreation.

Without the Complete mod, which includes a major graphical overhaul, the game looks like complete shit.

If you want a damn hard challenge, Misery for Call of Pripyat is good too, but the graphical changes are way more washed out and not as nice as Complete IMO.

Also, for all of the love that Misery gets, they still managed to fuck up the inventory (non-stackable items) and you can't run more than five feet without being crippled by exhaustion (I can't remember if this was because of a lower weight limit or because the mod decided that distance running was "unrealistic").

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    • No x 3
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • How DARE you!?? x 1
    • Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. JDR13 Prophet

JDR13
    I heard the Complete mod makes the game too easy.

I think there's another mod that improves the visuals but doesn't fuck with anything else, but I can't remember the name of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ZRP (Zone Restoration Project) with texture mods like absolute nature is far superior to Complete.

ZRP fixes bugs/issues only and doesn't randomly decrease the damage of all the guns and player damage taken.

There are also a bunch of optional addons for ZRP that can be added according to taste.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. JDR13 Prophet

JDR13
    The mod I was thinking of is called Starter Pack. I guess it includes some texture mods + ZRP.

^ Top  
  18. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Just had a quick glance, seems like a pretty decent compilation.

Pretty much anything is better than Complete in all honesty.

^ Top  
  19. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    dudes, it's AD 2020 and it gets better:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-memories-of-the-zone

A highly customizable Vanilla+ modpack based on the OGSR x64 bit engine and ZRP, as well as various other graphics mods, enhanced sound (working EAX without a soundcard) and OWR3. Included are optional gameplay difficulty addons as well as options for visual customization.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. TripJack Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack

• Salute Salute x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Twiglard Savant

Twiglard
    This. But most importantly -- the Complete mods are simply obsolete. The SoC version was released in 2009! Clear Sky Complete doesn't have the SRP fixes for faction war that is reportedly not too buggy anymore. STALKER has an active modding scene.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    I'll be sure to check that out next time I feel like a vanilla SOC playthrough. Sounds pretty neat.

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Ialda Educated

Ialda
    We are in 2020 and people still believe Complete is the best way to play Stalker games, CoP is best Stalker, and CS is crap :negative:
    I have the exact same problem with Metro.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Mexi Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Mexi
    Pretty sure I only installed the bugfix mod and the graphics mod. I barely remember since it was quite a while back now.

^ Top  
  25. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    I blame the hype Complete got from all the game journos. They all sold it as the definitive way to play the games, completely ignoring the fact it made so many pointless changes and the graphical changes were all easy to implement independently.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.