Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
I heard the Complete mod makes the game too easy.

I think there's another mod that improves the visuals but doesn't fuck with anything else, but I can't remember the name of it.

ZRP (Zone Restoration Project) with texture mods like absolute nature is far superior to Complete.

ZRP fixes bugs/issues only and doesn't randomly decrease the damage of all the guns and player damage taken.

There are also a bunch of optional addons for ZRP that can be added according to taste.

The mod I was thinking of is called Starter Pack. I guess it includes some texture mods + ZRP.

Just had a quick glance, seems like a pretty decent compilation.

Pretty much anything is better than Complete in all honesty.
dudes, it's AD 2020 and it gets better:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-memories-of-the-zone

A highly customizable Vanilla+ modpack based on the OGSR x64 bit engine and ZRP, as well as various other graphics mods, enhanced sound (working EAX without a soundcard) and OWR3. Included are optional gameplay difficulty addons as well as options for visual customization.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Did you install the Complete mod?

It gets all kind of hate on this forum

ZRP (Zone Restoration Project) with texture mods like absolute nature is far superior to Complete.

This. But most importantly -- the Complete mods are simply obsolete. The SoC version was released in 2009! Clear Sky Complete doesn't have the SRP fixes for faction war that is reportedly not too buggy anymore. STALKER has an active modding scene.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I heard the Complete mod makes the game too easy.

I think there's another mod that improves the visuals but doesn't fuck with anything else, but I can't remember the name of it.

ZRP fixes bugs/issues only and doesn't randomly decrease the damage of all the guns and player damage taken.

There are also a bunch of optional addons for ZRP that can be added according to taste.

The mod I was thinking of is called Starter Pack. I guess it includes some texture mods + ZRP.

Just had a quick glance, seems like a pretty decent compilation.

Pretty much anything is better than Complete in all honesty.
dudes, it's AD 2020 and it gets better:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-memories-of-the-zone

A highly customizable Vanilla+ modpack based on the OGSR x64 bit engine and ZRP, as well as various other graphics mods, enhanced sound (working EAX without a soundcard) and OWR3. Included are optional gameplay difficulty addons as well as options for visual customization.

I'll be sure to check that out next time I feel like a vanilla SOC playthrough. Sounds pretty neat.

Ialda

Learned
We are in 2020 and people still believe Complete is the best way to play Stalker games, CoP is best Stalker, and CS is crap :negative:
The Stalker games are weird no matter how much I read about them or hear about the crazy features they have. Whenever I actually play them, I get bored and lose interest after a few hours. :negative:

I have the exact same problem with Metro.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yeah, I couldn't get into STALKER. They need to do something to not make it so fucking boring. I got pretty far, I think. Stopped after you get to that zone with all that radiation. I think it's the second or third town. The one where you can fight people in a cage or something... Anyways, it's a boring game. The world just feels so lifeless and boring.

Did you install the Complete mod?

It gets all kind of hate on this forum, but it seriously is the best and only one to go with for Shadow of Chernobyl, or any of them for that matter.

You either like the burned out, post USSR setting or you don't.

I have looked at all kind of pictures of the real Chernobyl Exclusion Zone and it's a pretty faithful recreation.

Without the Complete mod, which includes a major graphical overhaul, the game looks like complete shit.

If you want a damn hard challenge, Misery for Call of Pripyat is good too, but the graphical changes are way more washed out and not as nice as Complete IMO.

Also, for all of the love that Misery gets, they still managed to fuck up the inventory (non-stackable items) and you can't run more than five feet without being crippled by exhaustion (I can't remember if this was because of a lower weight limit or because the mod decided that distance running was "unrealistic").
Pretty sure I only installed the bugfix mod and the graphics mod. I barely remember since it was quite a while back now.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
We are in 2020 and people still believe Complete is the best way to play Stalker games, CoP is best Stalker, and CS is crap :negative:

I blame the hype Complete got from all the game journos. They all sold it as the definitive way to play the games, completely ignoring the fact it made so many pointless changes and the graphical changes were all easy to implement independently.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

y-official-selection-winner-toronto-international-film-festival-siberian-film-16193153.png

Ialda

Learned
I blame the hype Complete got from all the game journos. They all sold it as the definitive way to play the games, completely ignoring the fact it made so many pointless changes and the graphical changes were all easy to implement independently.

Possible. After all "Complete", all-in-one mod packs are the easy way to play with mods when you are a game journo who would rather write about systemic rape in dog culture than tinker with your turing machine for science.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
great track to play every time you activate "STALKER INSTINCT MODE", pausing time to allow you to mark targets for cinematic kills

Tancred

Learned
For some reason, it reminds me of an action soundtrack from one of the Metroid Prime games.

Uh, I gotta say it's certainly not anywhere near close to the iconic tracks dripping with mood and ambience that I associate with STALKER though.

:/

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Is the original still worth playing today?

If you don't play it you'll never be part of the Illuminati Elite PC Master Race of Gamers. Hell, it's even worth re-playing. However, I wasn't able to find a more or less vanilla fully stable x64 version of it so I'm holding off on re-playing until then.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

If you don't play it you'll never be part of the Illuminati Elite PC Master Race of Gamers. Hell, it's even worth re-playing. However, I wasn't able to find a more or less vanilla fully stable x64 version of it so I'm holding off on re-playing until then.
like this thing?
https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-memories-of-the-zone/downloads/memories-of-the-zone-v1-1-repack

of course it is
just avoid Complete garbage project and you should be fine

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
we might have only recently learned .2da files make a cRPG, but we have always known .ltx files make a stalker game

seriously, without a doubt they'll once again have the wrong RPM for LR300 and all sorts of embarrassing mistakes like that, and only .ltx file tweaks can redeem it

Jack Of Owls

Arcane

like this thing?
https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-memories-of-the-zone/downloads/memories-of-the-zone-v1-1-repack

Is this the one with the buggy and muted weapon sounds that cretin mentioned? I kinda wanna hear my boomsticks in S.T.A.L.K.E.R go BOOM! instead of... pop.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!

like this thing?

Is this the one with the buggy and muted weapon sounds that cretin mentioned? I kinda wanna hear my boomsticks in S.T.A.L.K.E.R go BOOM! instead of... pop.

No. The one i was talking about was a 64 bit version of CoC. This and other 64 bit SoC mods are on a totally different engine. MOTZ is vanilla-ish SoC on the OGSR x64 bit engine. Comes with some optional addons, but its mostly vanilla stalker just with prettier graphics and better stability.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The previous S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games introduced A-Life — a living world simulating system. The reimagined version of this system, which we call A-Life 2.0, will control the state of the world and the behavior of characters and mutants, making the Zone ever-changing and truly alive. Countless events and encounters will happen every moment — even if you are not around to witness them with your own eyes.

With S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, we want every player to have a unique playthrough. It will take much more than just A-Life 2.0 to do that, as you are the author of your story. Putting aside the scale, the decisions you make will cause not only short-term outcomes, but influence the world itself. We are crafting an epic, branching story culminating in lots of different endings. You’ll have to make tough choices regularly — and be brave enough to face the consequences.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/23/stalker-2-is-coming-to-xbox-series-x/amp/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom