Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sacred Fire now available on Early Access

BruceVC

Magister
I buy anything with an ancient rome/greece/china theme, but this seems very cringe.

View attachment 21295

>snowgoblin attacks player character
>player character uses "empathy"
>hmm the snowgoblin is a fellow creature, he has hopes and dreams, he is only attacking me because he comes from an undeveloped & under-served community of troglodytes, he is a good boy deep down.

or maybe it's just the music and voice acting from that video that has me moving towards a thumbs down. I feel like I'm watching some sort of new-age woke speech from an overly emotional & weak-minded american.

:hmmm:

You raise some good concerns in a humorous way , I am hoping the game is not like that

I also get very worried when any East European countries, that produce excellent games I enjoy like Witcher and Inquisitor , start trying to interpret well meaning but corrupted forms of SJW ideology into gaming

We already have enough abominations and mutations of certain games from our friends in the USA where suddenly " a hot women in bikini chainmail armor " is sexist or something similar
The last thing we want from East European gaming companies is where " we have to consider the historical injustice and colonialism the Vampire faced " that explains why it has created an army of undead from the living :D

jackofshadows

Magister
So, is Doug Cockle (voice of ze witcheroo) a big part of the game or did he get cut? I remember he was a big part of the kickstarter campaign.
He did voice game's intro but whether he voiced anything else is a big question (I assume not).

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
This games mental stats are based on the Big 5 model, which is genuinly the leading model for categorising the human mind in psychology. You know those MBTI 18 personalities tests that reddit and codex are so fond of? Those are considered outdated bullshit, Big 5 is the successor model and much more accurate.
Idk why it does not just link to a generic test or a wikipedia entry tho.
Not like modern psychology is a real science anyway, with those gender bullshit etc.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I just need to test the demo if I get around to it. I keep thinking this is a psychology test in game form. Hmmm I doubt it'll be as wild as Dungeon AI or whatever that freebie online text game was. That game was always trying to murder me.

harhar!

Augur
This games mental stats are based on the Big 5 model, which is genuinly the leading model for categorising the human mind in psychology. You know those MBTI 18 personalities tests that reddit and codex are so fond of? Those are considered outdated bullshit, Big 5 is the successor model and much more accurate.

Do you really believe social "scientists" when they say this? It seems pretty obvious to me that both models are just different ways of spanning the "personality space" and one is probably not much better or worse than the other. These tests are mostly like "do you like hanging around people? do you like going out? do you like talking to strangers congratz, you are extroverted" No shit, Sherlock.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Do you really believe social "scientists" when they say this? It seems pretty obvious to me that both models are just different ways of spanning the "personality space" and one is probably not much better or worse than the other. These tests are mostly like "do you like hanging around people? do you like going out? do you like talking to strangers congratz, you are extroverted" No shit, Sherlock.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-03880-4

The big 5 was the basis of the Cambridge Analytica advertising algorithm which has played a part in the success off the brexit vote, as it identified potential pro brexit voters, as high conscientality and low openness to new ideas are both factors much more likely to be found in a conservative, enabling more effective advertisement.

This model is plausible, the status quo, and has produced real world results. Unless you think all psychology is bullshit (which is fairly based but apart from that ultimately fruitless), then I see no reason to critique this specific model. It is the best humanity has at the moment.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

The big 5 was the basis of the Cambridge Analytica advertising algorithm which has played a part in the success off the brexit vote, as it identified potential pro brexit voters, as high conscientality and low openness to new ideas are both factors much more likely to be found in a conservative, enabling more effective advertisement.

This model is plausible, the status quo, and has produced real world results. Unless you think all psychology is bullshit (which is fairly based but apart from that ultimately fruitless), then I see no reason to critique this specific model. It is the best humanity has at the moment.

How increasingly competent some organizations have grown at manipulating people never ceases to scare me.

Sandor

Novice
Just a friendly debate-counter, Maybe the best conventional psych has, but not certainly the best Humanity has. If you believe conventional methodology is your savior, okay, but more then half the world does not. If everyone did, everyone would all be experiments, and thankofully thy are not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom