Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Safe Spaces Broken - Please Protect Codexers

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
In b4 everyone tries to game the system by limiting their ignore list to 199 entries

That's the point.

If you have to chop your ignore list in half to avoid the tag. Then it did it's job.

The lower the number, the better.

EDIT:

The limit can't be smaller than 200 (otherwise it catches non-cuck posters such as Iren, mondblut or karoliner).

It's a good thing you aren't giving them the cuck tag then..

I'm not sure as to whether the limit should be 200 or 250 though.

I really think it should be 100 or 25.

I won't say there's zero reason to ignore (especially for spam or memes).. but codex peaks at something like 200 - 300 concurrent users a day? (half of them guests who don't write content)
Are you telling me.. someone unironically needs to put 100+ people on ignore to function?

If these are the choices:
- Do a small random number and subtract it from 200, make that your threshold.
- Don't tell anyone.
- Bonus points: run as a monthly cron / job, rotate the number each time.

It's the same functionally as setting it to 200 but it requires people to over prune - to game the system.

If that's too much work, the lowest number you'll do.

Last edited:

Camel

Scholar
By this logic, we should unban everyone from the forum.
Everyone ever banned was "just using the forum functions" to post / pm people.
People are banned here mostly for consistently breaking the Codex rules or angering Codex moderators. How do forum users who ignore other users on sight break the rules?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
By this logic, we should unban everyone from the forum.
Everyone ever banned was "just using the forum functions" to post / pm people.
People are banned here mostly for consistently breaking the Codex rules or angering Codex moderators. How do forum users who ignore other users on sight break the rules?

They won't be.. But if they ignore too many people and get tagged, that too would be "forum functionality" going forward.

So you should have no issue with it. :smug:

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The limit can't be smaller than 200 (otherwise it catches non-cuck posters such as Iren, mondblut or karoliner). But for the sake of transparency, here are the ones with more than 100 ignores.
Honestly the people with long ignore lists usually have dozens upon dozens of non-active, ejected, erased or MIA users and haven't bothered to update their ignore list.

The Safe Space tag should be for people who use the ignore-feature well beyond checking off the occasional annoying/spamming poster. There aren't 100 posters at any time on the Codex that need to be ignored by normal people.

A lot of users simply have to take a minute to review their ignore list and maybe a Safe-Space tag would incentivize them? Or maybe not, idk.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Ever thought about positive reinforcement, like giving everyone with zero ignores a nice tag or access to some extra buttons? As punishment a button could be removed whenever the ignore count increases, starting with the most used button of the user.

Semiurge

Cipher
My list has a bunch of 0 post alts that should be ejected ASAP. ALL ignored me first, how could I possibly let that slide? Eye for an eye.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The limit can't be smaller than 200 (otherwise it catches non-cuck posters such as Iren. But for the sake of transparency, here are the ones with more than 100 ignores.
Code:
+-------+--------------------+-----+
| id    | username           | c   |
| 15975 | Irenaeus           | 117 |
952.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Ever thought about positive reinforcement, like giving everyone with zero ignores a nice tag or access to some extra buttons?
You can ignore people in secret with ublock.

And Yet...

Perfectly reasonable list

Delphik

Ever thought about positive reinforcement, like giving everyone with zero ignores a nice tag or access to some extra buttons?
You can ignore people in secret with ublock.

And Yet...

That list is missing Rusty

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Twiglard roll this shit out already.

100 users ??

EDIT:

The safe space hungers for more.
It's already out, but it won't remove tags that were manually added (such as yours).

But I see a lot of people who don't have the tag yet and should?
Does it trigger on an ignore event or it's a cron?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom