Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Saints Row reboot coming August 23rd

Wunderbar

Arcane
jmQI3Rd.png

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Saint's Row has always been bad
No - Saint's Row started off as a GTA knockoff, but has evolved essentially into what GTA should have been: Fun. Saint's Row 2 came out about the same time as GTA IV - which game would you rather play?

SR kept going over the top, adding more and more, while GTA focused all their energy on making a better driving simulator. I don't care for for all the inside jokes and all the goofiness in SR - but overall it is a competent sandbox. GTA had a lot of promise after San Andreas. Then the GTA franchise just declined. While GTA IV may be someone's cup of tea, it was a crashing bore as a GTA game.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The marketing is doing a great job.

Of making sure I won't touch this shit with a ten foot pole.
They could have just gone in the same direction, using the same characters, or let you play as a faction - or choose your faction with the same city or a different city. For SR 3 & 4 it was essentially the same map. Lots of different things they could have done. Instead, they do a 180 degree (happy now?) turn to the left. Who would buy this?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah, who is their audience? People who played Saints Row 2,3 and 4? No?

Kids who play Fortnite? O.K. sure, nice big demographic there. But the downside is that you are alienating everyone outside that (mental) age bracket.

I mean come on. You can turn your boss into a vampire and have your faction be goths, but they are still twerking like niggers. No thanks.

And fucking camos on guns. You morons, that is not gun customization is about.

ADL

Cipher
Got these all for free in a GPU promotion. Guess I'll give Zoomer's Row a shot.
CUvAIOl.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom