Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

orcinator

Liturgist
Watching the leaked trailer...
It's probably not going to be as bad as Agents of Mayhem, but everything looks like Saints Row 3.1
Feels like I'd rather play Sunset Overdive again, that game sucked and had some of the cringiest dialogue in the industry but at least the gameplay wasn't a by the numbers TPS.

ADL

Prophet
Leaked trailer looks fine but I'm still not looking forward to this at all. I still can't get over the premise that these hipster douchebags became gangsters that kill hundreds of people to pay off their student loans.

Last edited:
"hey guise, let's delve into a lifestyle with absolutely no way of coming back so that we can later come back".
it makes perfect sense to me.

What a weird dumb fucking choice to not release that leaked trailer. I mean, the leaked trailer is just a better version of the Welcome to Santo Ileso trailer that gives you more information about the game, better information about the characters, and doesn't have any of the totally obnoxious shit they ended up going with.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I still can't get over the premise that these hipster douchdbags became gangsters that kill hundreds of people to pay off their student loans.
The motivation is just horrible. Without any reasons akin to "no other job perspective", tragic heroes with good intentions, sociopaths with an appetite for destruction, or smply the youthful urge to be a bad boiii, all you are left with is wondering: Why didn't those supersmart dipshits not just make a normal business and earn at least 7 times the amount of money, except legal? Whooopsie!

All of their newfound relatability as normal college students is lost once they start casually killing people. Dis gon be one hell of a "story not aknowledging the gameplay" clusterfuck. :hahano:

Not that the target audience they aim for even bothers. "lol explosions lol".

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah wow, not a great decision to give out footage of staring at buildings to the press. For a second I thought it was just leaked footage which would have been fine, but actively trying to show this off?

Unsubscribing from thread, nothing of value was lost.

That looks like they were given some B roll (which admittedly is pretty fucking boring looking) to edit and talk over for some kind of preview video and they just released all of it as it.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I couldn't walk through downtown Portland for 2 minutes with that little excitement if I tried. And did they actually make the player walk slower? That's a feature I've always wanted from Saint's Row.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I couldn't walk through downtown Portland for 2 minutes with that little excitement if I tried. And did they actually make the player walk slower? That's a feature I've always wanted from Saint's Row.
You knocking my home town? Because I'll say one thing, we have way more strip clubs than this game's crappy rated G setting ever will.

Caim

Arcane
Yeah, doesn't look all that great. And only a few months away from release? This is gonna be a stinker.

orcinator

Liturgist

I watched it. The video has cuts every couple minutes and you don't see all that much but what's here looks like Saints Row 3.1
Press X to drift, but now you can use it to side swipe other cars.... and they explode in two hits, and enemy cars have ugly health bars, everything has ugly health bars, in fact, bad Agents of Mayhem vibes all around. Enemies on foot take more than 2 shots to kill however, one took a full mag from an SMG and I'm not sure if he's supposed to be a special enemy or the SMG is just really shit.
The video doesn't show any cutscenes but it looks like they're putting in a little more effort into the missions than AOM since I saw footage of a mission where you demolish a camp using a portapotty tethered to a car.
Not a lot of civilians or cars in the world.
There's takedowns, you can unlock more takedowns as the game progresses, the one in the video has you stick a grenade to an enemy and throw them in front of you. They also restore health.
Enemies were pretty unresponsive and did fuck all damage, the latter can be attributed to the journos playing on babymode, but the former is worrying since most games don't bother to change enemy reaction time depending on difficulty.

Last edited:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I still can't get over the premise that these hipster douchdbags became gangsters that kill hundreds of people to pay off their student loans.
The motivation is just horrible. Without any reasons akin to "no other job perspective", tragic heroes with good intentions, sociopaths with an appetite for destruction, or smply the youthful urge to be a bad boiii, all you are left with is wondering: Why didn't those supersmart dipshits not just make a normal business and earn at least 7 times the amount of money, except legal? Whooopsie!

You both bring up sound points. Why would they take some hipster assholes and put them in as visitors with the scum of society, have them take part in wanton destruction, and conclude by making them the heroes and victorious, with no consequences? Kinda sounds familiar...

All of their newfound relatability as normal college students is lost once they start casually killing people. Dis gon be one hell of a "story not aknowledging the gameplay" clusterfuck. :hahano:
No, it makes perfect sense. College students saving the poor from fascism or such. Makes sense in the context of college students joining a group to "fight fascism" by burning down businesses and assaulting people. Welcome to your first pro-antifa game.

Caim

Arcane
Enemies on foot take more than 2 shots to kill however, one took a full mag from an SMG and I'm not sure if he's supposed to be a special enemy or the SMG is just really shit.
Yeah, around 3 minutes in a guy soaks up a full SMG mag while the next enemy goes down in three bullets. The first guy was a bit bulky, but he looked similar to the guy who went down in two shotgun blasts at around 2:30. So either the SMG sucks, the shotgun is really good up close or balance is borked.

You both bring up sound points. Why would they take some hipster assholes and put them in as visitors with the scum of society, have them take part in wanton destruction, and conclude by making them the heroes and victorious, with no consequences? Kinda sounds familiar...
Bootleg Urkel from the main cast is even described as a serial entrepeneur, which aside from being a metaphor for serial failure also means that with a half-decent idea he only needs to sucker up to some white saviour to promote his idea and he's got it made.

duke nukem

Augur
Maybe smg is not upgraded also im pretty sure you get later a dual smg;s that doubles your damage output, like in other saints row games.

Data4

Arcane
Going by what I've seen on Youtube, it looks like OG Saints fans have backed off and the nuFans are now taking over. Ah well, life goes on. Saints Row is dead. Long live Saints Row!

Caim

Arcane
Going by what I've seen on Youtube, it looks like OG Saints fans have backed off and the nuFans are now taking over. Ah well, life goes on. Saints Row is dead. Long live Saints Row!
More like the existing fans got driven out. Saw a video of a guy diving into the depravity of the Saints Row subreddit, and almost everyone there is a refugee from the communist gaming subreddit:

Note that between 13 and 18 minutes in he goes into the origin of the culture war, so you can zone out there if you're not interested in that. Or don't like it when someone mixes up the words cliques and cliches. Or use the chapters function to skip those parts.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Make WOKE game, fans get pissed, dev calls in commie soldiers and take over. Tale old as time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom