Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soys Row 2022

Modron

Arcane
SR4 was a lot better than SR3. The city was shit and SR4 let you superrun/fly past it faster.
Saints Row 4 was like too little butter spread over too much toast, you could tell it was a dlc stretched into a full game and the side content/activities were just tacked on padding to inflate the playtime, there were less activity types so they just repeated them more to ramp up the hours. Still it was like a less shitty Prototype so there was some fun that could be scraped out of it. Plus the whole sequence with Keith David and Roddy Pipper is worth the cost of admission.

EruDaan

Arcane
What many "fans" put off "Gat out of Hell" - a SR IV DLC of questionable quality - was the inability to customize their characters. "Waah, wahh, waah! Why can't I make a fat Johnny Gat wit purple hair, blue skin and green lipstick!!?!?! FUCK YOU, Developer!!" Ya know, as if the DLC had no other flaws...

And one of SR 2's biggest flaws was its PC Version...

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
What many "fans" put off "Gat out of Hell" - a SR IV DLC of questionable quality - was the inability to customize their characters. "Waah, wahh, waah! Why can't I make a fat Johnny Gat wit purple hair, blue skin and green lipstick!!?!?! FUCK YOU, Developer!!" Ya know, as if the DLC had no other flaws...

And one of SR 2's biggest flaws was its PC Version...

Gat Out Of Hell was fun.

The customization tools seem so good that it's weird that wasn't just made the centerpiece of this new game, especially with how lackluster the Saints in this game look. You've only got a little group in this game too, four main Saints, the player character and those three other ones, they should've just let fully customize those other three too. People liked fucking around with that shit in the Saints Row games too, so it'd be an easy sell to have a Saints Row where you get to fully customize your group.

Reinhardt

Arcane
no can do. what if player will make brave and stunning self insert ugly character not ugly? or fat not fat? or tranny not tranny?

orcinator

Liturgist
After downloading epic to try this I can say, for a fact that the tits in this game are in a sad sorry state.
Not only is the maximum size maybe half as big as in 3/4, due to some fucked up modeling they've basically made it impossible to see cleavage (though you can have visible salami nipples).

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
After downloading epic to try this I can say, for a fact that the tits in this game are in a sad sorry state.
Not only is the maximum size maybe half as big as in 3/4, due to some fucked up modeling they've basically made it impossible to see cleavage (though you can have visible salami nipples).
Saint's Row always effectively appealed to the inner 12 year old in me. The cars, the giant soda can, the streaking, the stupid weapons, the mayhem. I liked them all, as there was a "no holds barred" approach to whatever works and is funny, they would do it. Now they are purposefully going out of their way to prevent the type of humor or enjoyment they don't condone.

I can see slight changes, but to effectively turn 720 degrees on the folks that purchased all their titles in the past! What a shame.

edit: math edit.

Last edited:

Padzi

Arbiter
So I have tired the boss factory demo. And I have a question.
Why is this character labeled as a male when it is a clearly a female?
On top of that this seems to be their default boss.

I know I'm posting in potato language.
But it reads "gender: male"

7072b3bed27c3ffb63c5adddd2eb7e00cbb989f9.pnj

5fb70a6b46e194a10dcd4bec4904f4ebaba7fa70.pnj

orcinator

Liturgist

I know I'm posting in potato language.
But it reads "gender: male"

7072b3bed27c3ffb63c5adddd2eb7e00cbb989f9.pnj

5fb70a6b46e194a10dcd4bec4904f4ebaba7fa70.pnj
P*les got the special edition version that comes with gender.

Caim

Arcane
Couldn't you do something like that in Saints Row 2 as well? I think I remember a boob slider for the male boss and a dick slider for the female boss.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom