Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sanitarium on GOG

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The Planescape: Torment of adventure games has been released on GOG.COM.

This is interesting, since running Sanitarium under Windows often led to problems and bugs, and the ScummVM port is not finished yet. Has GOG succeeded in bringing this timeless classic in a playable, easy to install form to your computer? It would definitely be worth it...

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I've never heard of this game, yet I'm suddenly struck by the overwhelming praise it's got. Is it really THAT good? Is it the story, the puzzles, the C&C or the atmosphere that make it that good?

L'ennui

Magister
I played it a few years ago, didn't get that far I think but it was definitely one of the better adventure games I've played. It's rather unsettling, I loved that. Maybe I'll reinstall it from GOG now, the reason I stopped playing it back then was that my hard drive pretty much went on fire. It's really THAT good.

Psycroptic

Liturgist
I felt the first level was the best. It was pretty unsettling. You won't fall out of your chair weeping, as if a game could do such a thing, but it does generate a pretty creepy atmosphere.

The only week level was at the end. I think the movement system is what really made it bad. In fact the movement of the character reminds me a lot of the movement in Planescape in that sense. You just feel that your character is always trudging along, almost plodding.

But really the puzzles are good and the story is unique and compelling. It's absolutely worth playing if you have any interest in adventures.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:
I've never heard of this game, yet I'm suddenly struck by the overwhelming praise it's got. Is it really THAT good? Is it the story, the puzzles, the C&C or the atmosphere that make it that good?

No C&C, sorry.

Tycn

Savant
Is there any way to increase the walking speed? Surely some kind of mod or hack would have emerged somewhere given the quality of the game. Well, some of it.

Pablosdog

Prophet
i remember how you had to kill monsters with a pitchfork.

that pipe puzzle was dumb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom