Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Saviors of Sapphire Wings - Experience Inc's new dungeon RPG gets English PC release

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://nisamerica.com/saviors-sapphire-wings/

https://af.gog.com/game/saviors_of_sapphire_wings_stranger_of_sword_city_revisited?as=1649904300

It's a double pack release with "enhanced" edition of Stranger of Sword City for some reason:

Knights, Assemble!: Muster all your might and cunning to confront the forces of the Overlord of Darkness! Assemble your party, develop your own playstyle with traps and tactics, and exploit your enemies' elemental weaknesses to overcome the most powerful servants of darkness.

Assemble.gif

Bound by Battle: Lead allies into battle and keep them alive to strengthen your bonds and unlock their true potential. Off the battlefield, have one-on-one conversations with your comrades to discuss their history and outlook on your adventures. The bonds you build with your allies will be the true bulwark against your fight against the Overlord of Darkness!

Battle_2.gif

Hunters of Darkness: Turn the tables on the denizens of evil by setting traps to corner the elusive and dangerous monsters, and defeat them to obtain rare and powerful treasures!

Revisiting Stranger of Sword City: Put your dungeon-delving skills to the test in another thrilling adventure with Stranger of Sword City Revisited! This remaster of the classic RPG comes with additional content, including expanded character creation options, in-game events, and new items and equipment!

SOSC_SS_1.png

Story
Discover a tale of war, darkness, and the power of bonds, coming to the West for the first time! The world is plunged into ruin after Ol=Ohma, the Overlord of Darkness defeats the Knights of the Round, the last bastion of defense for mankind. 100 years later, a fallen hero returns to life and must lead a new generation of heroes to defeat Ol=Ohma’s forces and restore light and hope to the world. Explore dungeons, use traps and combat prowess to defeat powerful monsters, and bond with your allies to unlock their true potential in this RPG gem.
Explore_1.gif

If you enjoyed your adventures in Saviors of Sapphire Wings, you can also dive into the world of Stranger of Sword City Revisited! Brimming with additional content such as expanded character creation options, in-game events, and new items and equipment, this enhanced version of the original dungeon-crawling hit is bundled with Saviors of Sapphire Wings as a bonus game!

Last edited by a moderator:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nice. Although the original character art style for SoSC was so much better then this...

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cool. SoSC had a number of innovative ideas. Looks like they're trying some new things here too.

I wonder if the conversation system means you have just a few premade companions to choose from. What if it's a procedural system instead, generating mechanically meaningful backstories for your own created characters? That alone would be worth the price of admission to me.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sapphire Wing is a port of a Vita JP only game. Still cool, though.

The collection includes an English localization of the Experience-developed dungeon RPG released as Blue-Winged Chevalier for PS Vita in Japan, as well a port of the already-localized Stranger of Sword City Revisited. It will launch in 2021.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Sapphire Wing is a port of a Vita JP only game. Still cool, though.

The collection includes an English localization of the Experience-developed dungeon RPG released as Blue-Winged Chevalier for PS Vita in Japan, as well a port of the already-localized Stranger of Sword City Revisited. It will launch in 2021.

Yeah it was released last year in Japan.

Also forgot to mention that this game also is a remake of an old game from them, specifically Students of Round.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Remind me, could you not switch the art style back to the fantastical original in Revisited? I only own the original.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
yes I played it, played the psp version and vita, maybe pc too. (I know I beat the game 3 times). it's ok I guess, it's more story/character focus, most boss battle don't last very long, wizard are OP in this one. think stranger of sword city but easier and more story driven I guess.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
yes I played it, played the psp version and vita, maybe pc too. (I know I beat the game 3 times). it's ok I guess, it's more story/character focus, most boss battle don't last very long, wizard are OP in this one. think stranger of sword city but easier and more story driven I guess.
Is the story any good? I mean I know NISA is doing this translation, but still.

Twizman

Scholar
Darn, not the answer I was hoping for but thanks. Saviors was actually my most anticipated game for the Switch now with what happened to Nocturne. Wizards were OP (at least midgame) in Dungeon Travelers 2 as well, though I still enjoyed that game. Eventually swapped out my nuke on a stick for a more balanced class.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
think stranger of sword city but easier and more story driven I guess.

Daaaaamn, SoSC was already too easy imo. I'm giving up on Exp Inc's DRPG's I think. They're getting easier and easier with simpler maps and character designs and they were never very hard to start with. I miss Starfish... :cry:

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Is the story any good? I mean I know NISA is doing this translation, but still.

no idea, I can't read japanese. I did like the old artwork on pc/psp, gave the game a good atmosphere I think, the new art kinda destroy this in my opinion.

Dorarnae

Arbiter
think stranger of sword city but easier and more story driven I guess.

Daaaaamn, SoSC was already too easy imo. I'm giving up on Exp Inc's DRPG's I think. They're getting easier and easier with simpler maps and character designs and they were never very hard to start with. I miss Starfish... :cry:

I like their game overall but yeah they were never really hard. even the new one that came out this summer isn't hard...

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Darn, not the answer I was hoping for but thanks. Saviors was actually my most anticipated game for the Switch now with what happened to Nocturne. Wizards were OP (at least midgame) in Dungeon Travelers 2 as well, though I still enjoyed that game. Eventually swapped out my nuke on a stick for a more balanced class.

in student of round, wizard can probably kill most story boss in 3-4 turn(first turn you focus and then just nuke)

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Good, i'l pick it up on Switch anyway but i think every game should come out on PC so it can be preserved and played in 20 years. Let's hope that the next Blobber to get a port is Dungeon Travelers 2 so it doesn't die in the Vita.

Eisen

Learned
Wow, i am fucking poor
I hope they decrease the price like they did with SoSC on Steam

Last edited:

jungl

Augur
Played savior of sapphire game for a bit seem alright. I like how the game ranks u after a fight on how well you did. Building relationship system seems nice but what is the point of a system that is going to go up regardless if you put the time in?

There are hard drpgs out there? Its not like you a have a time limit how much grinding you can do in these games.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
There are hard drpgs out there? Its not like you a have a time limit how much grinding you can do in these games.

Three modern(ish) examples that pops on my mind:

1. Elminage Gothic (Especially if you don't use the 'multiclass' feature)
2. Etrian Odyssey 1 Untold (If running a custom party that focuses more on defense rather than offense)
3. Wizardry Empire II

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom