Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Say one GOOD thing about a SHIT game

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Skyrim is easy to uninstall.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Dragon Age: Inquisition was beautiful to look at. Besides the graphics I hated everything though :/ Witcher 3 was maybe the best looking game I've ever seen, and I enjoyed the Baron questline. Besides that I was bored shitless and the combat was retarded. There was a mission in FO3 near the end that I really enjoyed, it was some sort of sci fi building that was about 5 stories or something and I had to fight to the top and then all hell broke loose and I had to fight my way all the way back down to the exit. It was fun, especially with high level weapons, but it was the only fun I had in the whole game. Fallout 4 didn't even have that...

Factorio does a great job of building several machines and how they interact with each other. Compared to RTS games it is miiiiiiiiiiles better. You build a machine to build copper coils, and another machine to build steel plates, and another machine to combine coils and plates into robotic arms, etc. It was really well designed. But I hated how once you do the aspie part, there is nothing left to do. Just repeat it over and over and over... They had enemies attacking and towers to defend, but there was no tower defense gameplay. It would have been one my favorite games ever if they developed that aspect of the game, but they didn't need to because so many low standards retards bought the game as is. You don't need to push the boat out when you are millionaires from an alpha. Blaine

Skyrim has a decent world to explore, which I never though about all the previous games. I also think the Fus Ro Da thing is a step in the right direction. It is too retarded and dumbed down to be a true RPG, so it wants to be an action game? That's fine, but give me some decent fucking action... And it never did. Left click to slash and right click to block is not even close to acceptable for an action game... But left click, right click, and a Fus Ro Da which can do several different things depending on your build is actually promising.... Not good now, but if they developed it further in a sequel, it might end up being a half decent game, finally. Also I never thought they would be able to pull off flying dragons in their gimpy old engine, but it actually looked ok.

Elex, I've still never managed to play more than an hour of this piece of shit, but still, I feel like I might enjoy it some day if I can find the motivation to press on. Being able to fly over people and chuck grenades at them is exactly what I want from a game that is too dumb to be a true RPG and wants to be an action game. Skyrim take note. Also if I can shoot a gang of people, kill a few, and once the others catch up to me I can escape on my jetpack... again, that's what an action game should be! I only quit because the town at the start with 100 NPCs each with 100 lines of dialogue enraged me. I will try again some rainy day. For a PB game, this is a big step forward. I thought all their other games were garbage.

Actually... Gothic 2 had some things I really enjoyed. I liked the world design, it was open world yet you couldn't go in any direction which I actually like. It shoe horns you into various places but it does it with geography rather than invisible walls or whatever. I also like the characters, they seemed more like actual people rather than fantasy characters, and it helped that a lot of them had normal names too, like Lee. Gothic 3, I loved how you pick a side, orcs or humans. I visited the humans and they seemed like pricks but not too bad. I visited the orcs and they seemed like scum. So I went to war with the orcs and I destroyed an entire town full of them. Genocide never felt so good, and the fact that you can kill a whole town and it doesn't break the game is pretty cool. Everything else was truly terrible though. Worst magic combat in any game ever made.

Subnautica, having your own submarine was fucking awesome, especially seeing as you have a robot suit to explore on foot, and then you can dock with your own sub when you are done. Shame the rest of the game is boring as fuck and super grindy. :(

All I can remember for now.

Last edited:

Disciple

Savant
I deeply enjoyed the first act of Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. The setting was interesting, and that alternate history Barcelona made for a good RPG starting city. It's a pity the game fell off a cliff shortly thereafter.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom