Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Myobi

Liturgist
...and it just took him 3 years.

Star Citizen will never be released as a full game if Roberts is alive. He might be a narcissist and he wouldn't be able to bear having less then 99 metacritic score and not winning every accolade possible. He thinks it has to be perfect therefore he is a pussy afraid of being actually real. Also whales would sue him anyways if game is released because not every eyelash is raytraced.

Way to put oneself in a corner.

But game looks like fun atm, might try one of those free days.

ADL

Prophet
First iteration of Quantum AI coming in 3.17 hopefully PTU today or tomorrow.
For anyone unfamiliar, think A-Life in STALKER and the AI backend driving the emergent gameplay stuff that keeps people playing Kenshi, X-series and Mount & Blade for thousands of hours.
(skip around this for the demonstrations)

Myobi

Liturgist
Roflmao, "Quantum AI".

vqg75cxo03g51.png

ADL

Prophet
Server meshing unironically fixes ^
Until then you gotta get lucky and find a server where the AI hasn't taken a shit

Myobi

Liturgist
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that Jesus Tech will "unironically" fix everything in this shitshow...

Jfc, SC backers are like vegans, most of them just won't lose a chance to rub it on your face how fucking retarded they are, god bless them.

ADL

Prophet
The AI is obviously shitting the bed and that happens because the servers are overloaded because it's tasked with handling an entire star system worth of entities. That was never the intention for the server architecture. Server meshing distributes the compute and dynamically opens and closes the meshed instances based on demand. Each planet with multiple moons could have dozens of meshed instances in the intended design. Right now the server is handling five planets on one.

They've explained how server meshing works in detail. They've explained how it addresses the current set of problems and it makes sense. If you choose to ignore all that, then that's on you.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They've explained how server meshing works in detail IN THEORY. They've explained how it addresses the current set of problems IN THEORY and it makes sense IN THEORY. If you choose to ignore all that, then that's on you given the dubious track record of quality of "implemented" features, then you are a sane and reasonable person.

FTFY

Myobi

Liturgist
The AI is obviously shitting the bed and that happens because the servers are overloaded because it's tasked with handling an entire star system worth of entities. That was never the intention for the server architecture. Server meshing distributes the compute and dynamically opens and closes the meshed instances based on demand. Each planet with multiple moons could have dozens of meshed instances in the intended design. Right now the server is handling five planets on one.

They've explained how server meshing works in detail. They've explained how it addresses the current set of problems and it makes sense. If you choose to ignore all that, then that's on you.

What's impressive is that a potato like you was able to read the brochure all by yourself. Well done buddy.

Dexter

Arcane
They've explained how server meshing works in detail IN THEORY. They've explained how it addresses the current set of problems IN THEORY and it makes sense IN THEORY. If you choose to ignore all that, then that's on you given the dubious track record of quality of "implemented" features, then you are a sane and reasonable person.

FTFY
Kind of reminds me of the discussion I've had in this thread like what... about 9 years ago now when someone else was trying to discuss what they imagined the game would be rather than what was actually there and making declarative statements of what will be because they've interacted with and read what the developers said: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-like-to-know-more.75932/page-33#post-2736603

Jfc, SC backers are like vegans
This is an insult to vegans tbh.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
3.17 is awesome. Keep doubling down you
decline.png
enabling bitches.

Looks very nice, it has to be said. I like the icons - I like detailed pseudo-realistic icons (the icons in Warframe are the best ever). That hoverbike thing looks like fun. The Chris Foss-like distance shots are cool and I like the fact that there's a decent range of places to be - on planets, in spaceports, in your ship in various circumstances, on space stations (presumably?). It does look something like the ultimate dream total s-f game one imagines and wishes for. I'm sure if the game plays well, all will be forgiven :)

potatojohn

Arcane
3.17 is awesome. Keep doubling down you
decline.png
enabling bitches.

Looks very nice, it has to be said. I like the icons - I like detailed pseudo-realistic icons (the icons in Warframe are the best ever). That hoverbike thing looks like fun. The Chris Foss-like distance shots are cool and I like the fact that there's a decent range of places to be - on planets, in spaceports, in your ship in various circumstances, on space stations (presumably?). It does look something like the ultimate dream total s-f game one imagines and wishes for. I'm sure if the game plays well, all will be forgiven :)

Even if was good, the fact that it's a MMO makes it shit.

tkx

Barely Literate
I'm of the opinion that SC fans are actually activelly bribing CIG to *not* release the game at this point because, if the game is to be released, then they would have to wake up to a reality in which they sank such a huge quantity of money, probably ruining their lives in the process, into what basically amounts to a whole load of nothing. At least, whilst the 'game' lies in this 'soon to come' crysalid, these people can opt to hide behind this 'it's a dream' fallacy.

One would expect them to come, eventually, to the realization that this whole affair is doomed to fail, but if events such as the one in Jonestown and likewise have shown, is that these people are too far into the tunnel to see the light and will activelly brainwash themselves into going deeper.

Myobi

Liturgist
the fact that it's a MMO makes it shit.

I got good news for you, 50 players doesn't count as "massive".

enabling bitches

If anyone around here is enabling shit at all, wouldn't that be you? Enabling Chris some fancy ass yatch vacations by throwing money at this 10 year old alpha NFT simulator shitshow of a project.

Just go buy a couple more idris while you wait for that sweet Jesus Tech my dude.

It might be an NFT.

Also, its a shame Star Citizen hasn't made NFTs available yet. This game seems like the perfect medium for selling high priced digital "assets"
They already are NFTs in all but name, since you can trade them and there's a limited number so people are buying now hoping to resell later. Only difference is not being tied to cryptocurrency because it predates the fad. SC might outlive the fad too, since gaming companies are already having second thoughts given the bad reception.

Syl

Cipher
I'm of the opinion that SC fans are actually activelly bribing CIG to *not* release the game at this point because, if the game is to be released, then they would have to wake up to a reality in which they sank such a huge quantity of money, probably ruining their lives in the process, into what basically amounts to a whole load of nothing. At least, whilst the 'game' lies in this 'soon to come' crysalid, these people can opt to hide behind this 'it's a dream' fallacy.

One would expect them to come, eventually, to the realization that this whole affair is doomed to fail, but if events such as the one in Jonestown and likewise have shown, is that these people are too far into the tunnel to see the light and will activelly brainwash themselves into going deeper.
Welcome on the Codex. Here, have your first brofist.

Delterius

Arcane
One would expect them to come, eventually, to the realization that this whole affair is doomed to fail
nonsense. the real bet is that scammed citizens will die off before chris roberts' fundraising powers cease to work. and it's a fair bet to make, in my expert opinion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom