Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
A reminder that it's been 3770 days since Scam Citizen was announced and 2614 days since the persistent vertical slice was launched. Will it be another 11 years?

Curratum

I keep saying this every year, but... the statement only gets more accurate and more true every new year...

If you haven't realized you're being taken for a ride and your money is wasted and you're a "supporter" of this scam, you must have some sort of clinical-grade cognitive disorder.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
I keep saying this every year, but... the statement only gets more accurate and more true every new year...

If you haven't realized you're being taken for a ride and your money is wasted and you're a "supporter" of this scam, you must have some sort of clinical-grade cognitive disorder.

Would insanity be a cognitive disorder?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Wing Commander status: decrepit has-been strikes it big, currently running the biggest scam in computer game history

Elite status: Given all the downsides of both an MMO and a single-player game and none of the upsides; now forgotten

Space exploration (real-life) status: Third straight decade of scrutinizing dust and rocks, Twitter memelord is King of Spaceships

TV sci-fi status: Strong black women and trannies, bad acting and writing, total disregard for source material

Sci-fi novel status: Strong black women and trannies save the world from global warming and white men (AKA one long *beeeeeeeeeeeep* from the EKG)

My childhood status: Fiddled and diddled

There are good sci fi novels coming out today, like the Combat Frame XSEED series. Hardest part is trying to find the books you are interested in, since Amazon's search engine algorithm doesn't show customers what they want. You have to rely on word of mouth nowadays. You are indeed screwed if you want a good audio-visual sci fi experience. There are only low budget indie games or trashy TV shows coming out.

Myobi

Liturgist
God I hope so.
Muh 1.0 release date

I agree, I want more of this, whatever this is:

7.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

Keep throwing money at it, I don't want to have to explain my grandchildren what Star Citizen was, I want them to see by themselves what Star Citizen will be, soon™.

Myobi

Liturgist
Have all of the ships been modeled? Can owners of those ships load them and view them?

Lol fuck no, what do you think this is?!? Get the fuck out of here.

Go learn some real game development instead of pestering people with silly questions!

Don't forget to buy an Idris while at it.

Have all of the ships been modeled? Can owners of those ships load them and view them?

No, less than half of the ships promised have been modelled. Of those that have been modelled, most are flyable ingame, though many are nonfunctional. Ie, exploration and hacking ships because exploration and hacking isn't ingame yet, or the Reclaimer which is supposed to salvage ships by eating them. Some ships like the Idris and the Javelin are ingame but only flyable by NPCs and can't be flown by their backers yet.

Here are the ships that have yet to be delivered.

ADL

Prophet
The only capital-size ship currently in game you can buy with uAEC and any decent sized corp could easily afford it. A solo player could probably grind it out in a month of consistent play. So yeah, when the Idris K becomes flyable in game I don't see why it wouldn't be.
As of Star Citizen Alpha 3.17.4, there are 113 flyable vehicles, 92 of which are ships.

Myobi

Liturgist
Disregard the "prices" because you'll earn them in a couple hours of bounty hunting or cargo runs.

I like the use of quotation marks, it's like those aren't actual prices, prices being asked for something that you'll supposedly be able to earn just by playing the game for a "couple hours" ;D

A solo player could probably grind it out in a month of consistent play.

... wait, what happened to the just a couple of hours?!

You are shit at this job and CiG should fucking fire you, I don't want my Idris money wasted on a retard like you, go away.

ADL

Prophet
I'm a disingenuous piece of shit.
While we're in the business of translating each other's posts.
I like the use of quotation marks, it's like those aren't actual prices, prices being asked for something that you'll supposedly be able to earn just by playing the game for a "couple hours" ;D
You're acting as if it's not demonstrably true.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Oh you can buy an Idris K?
I have to lie because I'm a cultist and a bottom for Chrissie Roberts and his dyke fat cow wife. She runs me good with her strap on.

The only one being disingenuous here is you Alex. I asked specifically if the Idris K was in the game. You essentially said no and like the good cultist you are you decided to move the goal post to something you could win. That's your being disingenuous.

ADL

Prophet
The only one being disingenuous here is you Alex. I asked specifically if the Idris K was in the game.
"Is this one particular ship marked as in production in the link I'm quoting available in game?"
"No, but 92 other ships are and the one you're talking about will be too."
It's funny how I'm considered the cultist here when you people are living in your own goddamn reality.
Why the fuck would a solo player be buying a capital ship for themselves and how is that in any way a reasonable expectation?

Myobi

Liturgist
you'll earn them in a couple hours
disingenuous piece of shit.

You have to be Kenn from MMO Champ, you got to be... fucking hell, don't tell me this is a sort of contagious fucking thing, fuck, I guess CiG was actually able to develop something after all, it's like T(ard?)-Virus, except you mother fuckers don't actually even die as sort of an excuse to act retarded and drool all over the place, may god have mercy on us all.

Why the fuck would a solo player be buying a capital ship for themselves and how is that in any way a reasonable expectation?

How is that any of your fucking business? Maybe I just want to fill the fucking thing with black jack and hookers.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
The only one being disingenuous here is you Alex. I asked specifically if the Idris K was in the game.
"Is this one particular ship marked as in production in the link I'm quoting available in game?"
"No, but 92 other ships are and the one you're talking about will be too."
It's funny how I'm considered the cultist here when you people are living in your own goddamn reality.

Let's review the conversation cultist shall we?

Disregard the "prices" because you'll earn them in a couple hours of bounty hunting or cargo runs.
https://starcitizen.tools/List_of_pledge_vehicles

https://starcitizen.tools/List_of_pledge_vehicles
Oh you can buy an Idris K?

:nocountryforshitposters:

The only capital-size ship currently in game you can buy with uAEC and any decent sized corp could easily afford it. A solo player could probably grind it out in a month of consistent play. So yeah, when the Idris K becomes flyable in game I don't see why it wouldn't be.
As of Star Citizen Alpha 3.17.4, there are 113 flyable vehicles, 92 of which are ships.

Did you answer my question about the Idris K? No, you did not. You moved the goal posts to a subject you could "win" at. I don't give a flying fuck about the other ships. I only care about the one that has been paid for by players and never received in almost a decade.

Jesus it's funny to watch you get all worked up over a simple question that dares to call Chrissie into bad light.

Do you know how to tell that you're talking to a cultist? Looking at you and your reactions to innocent questions.

I hurt the cultist's feewings by calling his god Chrissie into question over sales of a decade old ship that has never been delivered. Oh noes he rated me butthurt.

:martini: :hero:

ADL

Prophet
you'll earn them in a couple hours
disingenuous piece of shit.
You have to be Kenn from MMO Champ, you got to be... fucking hell, don't tell me this is a sort of contagious fucking thing, fuck, I guess CiG was actually able to develop something after all, it's like T(ard?)-Virus, except you mother fuckers don't actually even die as sort of an excuse to act retarded and drool all over the place, may god have mercy on us all.
Did I really have to specify that I did not mean capital ships intended for 50+ players when I said a solo player would be able to afford these ships in a couple hours you disingenuous cunt? The fact that it's affordable at all for a solo player just goes to show you how fair the game is when it comes to monetization. You lost and you're delusional enough to continue posting as if you were right all along. Seethe and mald.

Myobi

Liturgist
Did I really have to specify that I did not mean capital ships intended for 50+ players when I said a solo player would be able to afford these ships in a couple hours you disingenuous cunt? The fact that it's affordable at all for a solo player just goes to show you how fair the game is when it comes to monetization. You lost and you're delusional enough to continue posting as if you were right all along. Seethe and mald.

You sound very upset, may I recommend you a brand new space ship to lighten up your mood?

If you buy an Idris now, CiG will gift you, completely free of charge, a shiny rectal cream.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom