Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
As they move from Unicorn fantasies to the reality of development (after 11 years), I guess the game will start trending toward something more realistic... like Elite Dangerous or Empyrion.
Or just cris will come out and say that they decided to begin making the game a new in a new and more shiny engine,thus the paypigus should pay up.

Myobi

Liturgist
As they move from Unicorn fantasies to the reality of development (after 11 years), I guess the game will start trending toward something more realistic... like Elite Dangerous or Empyrion.

Oh yeah, last time all it took was to Microsoft to buy out the project and kick him out of it.

I had to look up a 2019 Whatsapp conversation because then some jagoff was trying to convince me that "If I follow the progress of the roadmap, then they are true to their word" and that leveraging 25% of the total assets was just them "converting their cash into pounds because of Brexit".
When asked how much did he sink he answered, "just 50 EUR during the kickstarter".
Lying sack of shit.

Myobi

Liturgist
egXuHGR.png

oxpxss7yh6na1.jpg

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
cbkg8c69jdna1.jpg

Unleash the cock rider!
Hey guys, we get that you're upset that you gave us a shitload of money and are getting nothing in return for it.

With that said, we're tired of seeing evidence that you, the unwashed masses, exist, so we'll be shutting this thread down.

Maybe buy another starship, it'll help you feel better. Peace!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I wish for Starfield to come as soon as possible, just so people forget about SC and simply move on with their lives.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
I wish for Starfield to come as soon as possible, just so people forget about SC and simply move on with their lives.
September 6, but don't get your hopes too high on a bugthesda game.
It just has to be good enough to be in the shouting distance of what SC is offering right now.
I highly doubt it will do any difference regardless how good it is, people don't keep throwing thousands of dollars at it for what it offers, they do it over what they imagine that it will offer them in the future, and since imagination isn't really bound by technological limitations its hard to compete with it. Many of these fucking idiots actually believe that's this will be, and i quote: "just like real life but in space.", therefore they are willing to go to work every day to make sure that Chris Roberts confy enough with his fatass on a expensive ass yatch while cooking up the dream.

kq23w89g9gna1.jpg

Myobi

Liturgist
By the way, do you guys remember just a couple pages ago when Star Citizen was supposedly a "live service"? Yup, 3.18 reverted that momentarily to the previous state of: "ITs jUst aN alPHa bRo!!1!", they will patch it back as a "live service" as soon as its convenient once again... so stop complaining that you couldn't play with your legatus pack the entire weekend and just buy another Idris.

Angthoron

Arcane
I remember the days when people were like "I'm sure SC, E: D, X4, that outlaws-themed space sim etc will come out and be great" and then all of a sudden the only space sim from the recent years to not be completely banal shit boring bugged was the 20-something patch No Man's Sky that's apparently somehow playable now.

The irony.

It would be cool if they added mechs...

Mini mecha in the Titan-exo suit have been promised, though IDK where you would be able to use them. Most doorways in Star Citizen aren't high enough for the suits depicted in the concept art to pass through, unless they crouch through like our characters can crouch underneath spaceships. But then you have the gameplay problem of there not really being any reason to justify bringing an exosuit. The only ground enemies in Star Citizen are humans and you only need a shotgun to kill them, and there is no reason to bring tanks for anything at this time. There are no ground territories to capture. There is no dense urban fighting to be had. Maybe if the devs finally add those big alien monsters they promised years ago, then maybe bringing a suit might make sense.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Angthoron

Arcane
It would be cool if they added mechs...
Hm, don't think that's in the cards. Mech .JPGs, though...
Should also add card games....
Oh yeah someone should phone Chris and tell him that Star Citizen could use a TCG like MtG and Hearthstone but cooler, imagine building up a collection of cards in the game! Then sit down and play with your friends and maybe some of the cards don't clip through the table!

And also an AR game like Pokemon Go but in the game. Imagine going to a planet and suddenly your space phone goes PING! and you find a Golden Lesnick! But you need a raid to capture him, so you call all your friends and they log in and run to their ships and then fly and in 2 hours they come over and then the server crashes and oh my god such an experience.

Gargaune

Magister
Most doorways in Star Citizen aren't high enough for the suits depicted in the concept art to pass through, unless they crouch through like our characters can crouch underneath spaceships.
"Oh, goshdarnit, I knew we forgot something. Welp, can't be helped, gotta start over. See you in 2033!"

But then you have the gameplay problem of there not really being any reason to justify bringing an exosuit. The only ground enemies in Star Citizen are humans and you only need a shotgun to kill them, and there is no reason to bring tanks for anything at this time. There are no ground territories to capture. Maybe if the devs finally add those big alien monsters they promised years ago, then maybe bringing a suit might make sense.
Be patient, Citizen, Rome wasn't built in a day! And it didn't even have holographic elevator buttons!

mediocrepoet

Patron

Myobi

Liturgist
Most doorways in Star Citizen aren't high enough for the suits depicted in the concept art to pass through
Then they need to add a destruction system
Everything, including terrain, should be destructible
What do you mean, the servers already self destruct all the fucking time, what more do you want? Shit, even the space ships just randomly blow up just for the sake of it...

vuhfe3m8xhna1.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom