Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They are running out of jpgs for us to buy...
Nah, it's artificial scarcity. The oldest trick in the scammer's book.

Woah! Thank you! What would be of me without you.

I bet you must get stuck all the time in narrow corridors with that massive brilliant head!
Thanks, I came up with this all by myself. I wonder if other people have said this about Scam Citizen, too. Probably not, though. Glad you appreciate my insight!

Myobi

Liturgist
They are running out of jpgs for us to buy...
Nah, it's artificial scarcity. The oldest trick in the scammer's book.

Woah! Thank you! What would be of me without you.

I bet you must get stuck all the time in narrow corridors with that massive brilliant head!
Thanks, I came up with this all by myself. I wonder if other people have said this about Scam Citizen, too. Probably not, though. Glad you appreciate my insight!

I'm fucking proud of you.

IDK I'm not playing. Nothing about the patch interests me, gameplay is the same it's been for the last 5 years and I've already had my fill of it. Maybe if they finally got around to adding creatures or another star system I would be more excited.

EDIT: For curiosities' sake, I patched the game and booted it up. This is the screen it got stuck on:

VcVDjWT.png

Back to playing WoW.

Last edited:

Myobi

Liturgist
IDK I'm not playing. Nothing about the patch interests me, gameplay is the same it's been for the last 5 years and I've already had my fill of it. Maybe if they finally got around to adding creatures or another star system I would be more excited.

EDIT: For curiosities' sake, I patched the game and booted it up. This is the screen it got stuck on:

Thank you for your sacrifice.

It has been what? 2 weeks now?

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik

Back to playing WoW.
Two more weeks, trust Citizencon! young Star citizen.

Perkel

Arcane
Seems like CIG will introduce another major gameplay change in 3.19. They added this card.

Seems like you will be able to change/replace/restock/steal parts of ship now. For now probably only for outside stuff as internal modules are still not ready.

zbde8myogdpa1.png

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
In before a small planetoid made of detachable tractor beams is floating around outside every space station because everyone decided to detach theirs and throw it in the direction of all the other ones.

Myobi

Liturgist
In before a small planetoid made of detachable tractor beams is floating around outside every space station because everyone decided to detach theirs and throw it in the direction of all the other ones.

Planetoid metal prisons build around stations would only be a problem if players could connect to the servers or if those remained online long enough for people to create it, therefore this is a nonissue.

Myobi

Liturgist
It's impressive the amount of fancy terms they can come up with to talk about beams for 15 fucking minutes while players are still crying that they can't play the stupid ass fucking game since the last patch.

9numg0bi3jpa1.png

Ahh, I still remember the good old days when people were shittin on No Mans Sky cuz "beams" and "mah realism".

spectre

Arcane
Damn, wish I had this sort of disposable income. Can't queue up on a server, gonna buy the game again, maybe it'll fix itself.

I take it all back. Chris Roberts, you're doing Lord's work. People like this deserve to be fleeced of all their money and I'm only a bit jelly that I'm not in on it.

ADL

Prophet
The gravity gun/physgun was always really clunky in Source multiplayer and this looks like a much better implementation of it. I would have came buckets back in 2004 if the gravity gun was this accurate in a 12 player server and now it's being implemented in 100 player servers nearly twenty years later and I've already seen it being downplayed by the usual suspects (literal retards).

Jesus fucking Christ this game truly is beyond reasonable discourse.

Tech wise, the game is pretty incredible in some regards. Being able to wake up in an apartment on a city on a planet, take an elevator ride down to the first floor, walk out onto the streets, take a train/bus ride to a spaceport, get into your spaceship, hail the airport to open the hangar doors, fly out of the hangar and through the atmosphere out into space, quantum travel across the star system to a space station, land, enter, and sit down and have a cup of coffee is technically impressive and immersive. But it doesn't make for an entertaining gameplay loop.

Perkel

Arcane
But it doesn't make for an entertaining gameplay loop.
Thing is that as long as it works and you receive no bugs it is actually pretty entertaining. Doubly so if you coop it with friend or two.

Imho right now the main issue isn't that there is just one system. Main issue is that on one hand the economy simulation is basically non existent which means you can't really "work" with it as trading mining normal resources is pretty much worthless. On other hand set of missions provided bore you out pretty fast.

Both of those issues are something they still work on. Until that problem is resolved i don't see it something to be recommended to people.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thing is that as long as it works and you receive no bugs it is actually pretty entertaining. Doubly so if you coop it with friend or two.

Imho right now the main issue isn't that there is just one system. Main issue is that on one hand the economy simulation is basically non existent which means you can't really "work" with it as trading mining normal resources is pretty much worthless. On other hand set of missions provided bore you out pretty fast.

Both of those issues are something they still work on. Until that problem is resolved i don't see it something to be recommended to people.

You were supposed to have a finished game years ago. I'll admit I'm somewhat impressed (?) by your patience and level-headedness.

But the more prevalent emotion is that I fucking hate you.

potatojohn

Arcane
But it doesn't make for an entertaining gameplay loop.

Probably the same type of fun as the ArmA games in MP.

You spend 40 minutes running to the location, looking at the pretty graphics and chatting with friends, then 1 minute of action where you get shot by an AI you never saw.

Games for people who hate games. You'd be better served watching a movie.

Myobi

Liturgist
The gravity gun/physgun was always really clunky in Source multiplayer and this looks like a much better implementation of it. I would have came buckets back in 2004 if the gravity gun was this accurate in a 12 player server and now it's being implemented in 100 player servers nearly twenty years later and I've already seen it being downplayed by the usual suspects (literal retards).

Jesus fucking Christ this game truly is beyond reasonable discourse.

"nOW iS BeiNG iMplEmeNTed IN 100 pLAyeR seRVerS! lITeRAl reTARdS!"

Sem-T-tulo2.jpg

Sem-T-tulo.jpg

We are years past "reasonable discourse”, and the truth is people like you never cared for it, it's why pesky questions and valid criticism were often met with insults and hostility, all you want is self-reassurance, a bubble where people actively fondle C.Roberts balls, thus all there's left is to sit and have a good laugh at it, the fact that people like you get upset over it just makes it even better.

Data4

Arcane
As an earlier (somewhat) apologist, having purchased a pack back in 2014ish as a wide-eyed hopeful pitiful bastard, I'm starting to come around to the idea that some of the decisions made for this game are bullshit. Not ready to call it a scam just yet, but let's just consider one facet of the game that I would be participating in if the developers actually gave a damn: Trading.

From what I'm seeing, this Cargo Refactor thing means I have to place boxes one by one on and off my ship with a tractor beam each time I do a pickup or delivery? WTF? I have a full time job already. I'm not going to spend my precious little gaming time working another job for "muh immersion". Some gameplay aspects do fine with abstraction, such as the way cargo has been done. Go to console, do the transaction, and just accept that the time it took you to go to or from your ship, space mexicans have handled the loading/unloading.

I like some immersion, but fucking hell...

From what I'm seeing, this Cargo Refactor thing means I have to place boxes one by one on and off my ship with a tractor beam each time I do a pickup or delivery?

Stuff you buy from a trading console are still teleported in and off of your ship. If you buy 200 SCU of cargo, you don't actually have to move 200 boxes on or off your ship right now. The cargo refactor means that now, those boxes aren't glued to your ship anymore. You can now move them on and off. If you have a cargo hold of goods but decide you want to dump some of those boxes to make room for someone's jeep or small ship, you can do so without having to first going to a trading kiosk to sell off your boxes. You can also now loot boxes from other ships and put them onto your ship's cargo grid and it will register in the trading console, though good luck if you try looting a caterpillar full of 576 SCU of cargo. That's 576 boxes to move. Perhaps more efficient tractors beams will be added in the future that will allow you to move dozens of boxes at once. Chris also promised that eventually you will be able to hire NPCs to do a lot of tasks for you, be it manning turrets on your ship or unloading cargo. The chances of this actually happening are nill given that NPCs broke with the Hurston patch in 2018 and haven't been fixed yet.

I'm not going to spend my precious little gaming time working another job for "muh immersion".

Chris has promised that there will be jobs for players who don't have ships, such as moving cargo on and off ships. Given the current setup of the game where every backer has a ship and it comes with at least 3-6 months of insurance, and certain realities preventing Chris from making the insurance fees expensive (or else LTI really was the end-all-be-all), I don't see how that would be possible for players to be stuck without a ship and being forced to take shipless jobs like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom