Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Why yes, I did betray my family, faith, and country so I can be with the quadruple-crossing agent whom I have no idea what she even really wants.

69Ze6is.jpg

CxkLovk.jpg

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Finished Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure. Pretty good fun, unfortunately it's very short, only took me 13 hours to beat.

Ofunnsq.jpg

M80axQv.jpg

LLSSiBB.jpg

IquoueM.jpg

RATWZs9.jpg

LdQpFoa.jpg

qknemjM.jpg

9YFgs1G.jpg

Rjytmzc.jpg

BAryCnE.jpg

buS8Yfl.jpg

Dcyr7Kg.jpg

AiElNeC.jpg

3K10viO.jpg

WqKNVZW.jpg

Zt8WgW4.jpg

AYQ2IjM.jpg

Lbbzkg1.jpg

oMakOnW.jpg

kb21FzQ.jpg

zRLfiAz.jpg

Nmofe4o.jpg

wceyWi5.jpg

7s18r0d.jpg

OdxY6Ka.jpg

JZjtkhf.jpg

God I wish I were that bone sentry.

sJAyZZF.jpg

FrNJ6n8.jpg

Jx2B8Fb.jpg

j9fzZe5.jpg

Riskbreaker

I was maybe inordinately amused by one of the dungeons being named "Ruins of Potato".

It's a sweet little game for sure. Got it for free years back, I think the devs gave free keys to everyone who supported the game on greenlight.

HansDampf

Arcane
Jx5tHS4.jpg

:troll:

2szIa1a.jpg

dMbgMuf.png

YXJHM2X.jpg

It is inevitable.

lWR4w7S.jpg

The Vinculum Gate? THE VINCULUM GATE???

DTfNhZa.jpg

aIJDFgs.gif

InGmv5H.jpg

amDVohT.jpg

bFpXWJ1.gif

SVyvYYS.jpg

Ok, this map really pissed me off tbh be honest. Take everything that's annoying in Doom, add some obnoxious, excessive rain effect so you can't see anything, and the result would be this map. Hitscanners hiding in every nook and cranny. Every step you take opens monster closets somewhere in the map. If you don't know the location of the SSG, it gets super grindy. Confusing layout with pointless rooms to explore with nothing in them. There are lots of small chambers you can open, each with one shotgunner or Imp behind the door. Open door, shoot, loot, repeat... until you find the chamber with the explosive barrels in front of the shotgunner! Open door, shoot, "fuck", can't even step back now because there is a wall behind you. Lol, you dead. Funny. There are also 9(!) secrets, and they are all lame. Press E on this off-textured wall to reveal 3 rockets (not 3 boxes of rockets, 3 single rockets). But wait, what about the secret yellow keycard? What's behind the yellow door? A room full of phat lewt or maybe a secret fight? No. It's just a shortcut.
:hmmm:
What were they thinking?!

dTIYa5Q.png

One of those pointless apartments, copypasted 4 times. At least they look nice and you can turn the lights on and off. :M

IA40Sbp.jpg

mi5heCZ.jpg

ftsG1jh.jpg

KIAzatd.jpg

KedH0q4.png

eYH5QAx.png

VjodQoX.jpg

Obligatory Icon of Sin.

90m7sz7.jpg

:salute:

yuTd1Xi.jpg

Nice WAD. Would UV-Max again, except map 17.
Difficulty ramps up a bit in the second half with meaner traps and a bit of slaughter. Nothing too crazy, but I died a couple of times.

schru

Arcane
Also, the lighting in the hardware-accelerated renderer might be making things too dark and low-contrast.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Playing Off reminded me of another great RPG Maker game : Space Funeral. So I fired it again many years after, and it was exactly as I remembered : quick (2 hours to beat), funny, creative and awesomely soundtracked.

Screenshot-29.png

Screenshot-30.png

Screenshot-31.png

Screenshot-32.png

Screenshot-35.png

Screenshot-36.png

Screenshot-41.png

Screenshot-42.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom