Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Beggar

Cipher
Blighttown has nothing on this place.
DARK-SOULS-REMASTERED-2-5-2022-9-11-46-AM.png

This place is easy as fuck

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

If you move carefully you're safe, and once you know the place it's a cakewalk. It's still easy to get overwhelmed in Blighttown if you're not on alert. Also those guys with the poison/toxic blowdarts are a fucking nightmare.

Sen's Fortress is certainly a cool area, but not that challenging.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm playing on a Polish Conan RP server (no elves or "custom" lore shit, sticking to conanlore). We've built a hub for all players and those that know Polish are welcome to play.

OfueZCD.jpg

tiCNZWn.jpg

cOIthJa.jpg

MDO7uDS.png

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister

If you move carefully you're safe, and once you know the place it's a cakewalk. It's still easy to get overwhelmed in Blighttown if you're not on alert. Also those guys with the poison/toxic blowdarts are a fucking nightmare.

It's he opposite for me lol. In Blighttown, I usually do a few suicide runs to get rid of the blowdart guys because toxic can kill you fast. Poison is usually not that big of a problem if you kindle the bonfire and have 10 estus charges. Once you play through Blighttown once or twice, you can get by easily. Just reach the bonfire and you can explore to your heart's content.

But even if I know Sen's fortress by heart, I can still die from random bullshit like falling off ledges or getting rolled over by a rock because a few pixels of my model are sticking out behind a corner. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

deem

Savant
This is a good dilemma. Which area is more bullshit, Blighttown or Sen's Fortress? Personally I love Blighttown, it is my second favorite area in the game, after the Undead Burg, but the swamp at the bottom of the level is just annoying. Sen's Fortress has it's fair share of cheap traps but it does not turn annoying.

Dr1f7

Scholar

It's he opposite for me lol. In Blighttown, I usually do a few suicide runs to get rid of the blowdart guys because toxic can kill you fast. Poison is usually not that big of a problem if you kindle the bonfire and have 10 estus charges. Once you play through Blighttown once or twice, you can get by easily. Just reach the bonfire and you can explore to your heart's content.

But even if I know Sen's fortress by heart, I can still die from random bullshit like falling off ledges or getting rolled over by a rock because a few pixels of my model are sticking out behind a corner. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I didn't like that bonfires were sometimes hidden so I'd go a long time without resting, reach a boss with no healing left, die, then see a video of someone using a bonfire that you access by throwing yourself out a random window, in a game that kills you for jumping off any sort of ledge

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
The Long Dark. Aurora at night on Jackrabbit Island. During these troubled times, it's relaxing to hang out alone on a frozen mountain and snap some rabbit necks.

longdark-jackrabbitcabin1.jpg

curds

Magister
I didn't like that bonfires were sometimes hidden so I'd go a long time without resting, reach a boss with no healing left, die, then see a video of someone using a bonfire that you access by throwing yourself out a random window, in a game that kills you for jumping off any sort of ledge
Except it's not like that, because you're dropping off a ledge, not jumping out a window, and you can easily look over the ledge and see that you wont die.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
HqrYvQB.png

Edit: Citation needed? Fine:
I'm playing on a Polish Conan RP server (no elves or "custom" lore shit, sticking to conanlore). We've built a hub for all players and those that know Polish are welcome to play.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom