Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
View attachment 24940

You can not, absolutely can not, escape them.
Sleeping Dogs, why?

:negative:
Let's not forget Wei, who has before that point expressed and acted upon his fetish for blonde white women, sets the groid up with two blonde women. He later takes one of his sloppy seconds.

In the same mission you also get two native women involved, but both Wei and them sit as far apart from the brutha as they can. At some point in development the devs were confronted with Wei pimping his coethnics to a nigger and decided it was uncomfortable and would detract from his character as a protagonist (and from game's reception with the Asian audience). I really wonder specifically whose input it was on the dev team to leave that as their signature in the game.

Wei comes off like the hero daydream of an Elliot Rodger type.

Dr1f7

Scholar
HS is p fun right now, there's a druid card that lets you grow to a mana pool of 20, and lots of cool huge cards to plop down every turn
1.jpg

bf391eb22ac706534d031435ad696d188c6eea87c6c2107f4c0cb1ed12e319b0.png

also the new set added a bunch of "colossal" monsters which are just super badass
81a201ab711802cd723ab8a3f9b7a736535d22e32988659433d3c77704f24b1d.png
etc...

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Having a lot of fun with Magic & Mayhem

How much of a click fest is it? I skipped it on my play list just because it's an RTS, but those screenshots make me wanna play it.
Its very comfortable to play since its actually real-time-with-pause. You can at anytime pause and still give commands.

Too bad it's not on GOG. I see it was made by Julian Gollop, which made it even more enticing, so that's a bummer. It's not even on Steam, it seems.
Yes that is a shame. Its definitely a game that should be there. I do own the German version of the game and have the CD somewhere and wanted to install it from that, but I didn't manage to find it :(. Luckily the abandon ware downloads work, even on Win10. You only have to edit a txt a bit to prevent a bug when picking up scrolls. Getting the auto-play of videos and background music to work properly can also be a bit of a hassle since the game wants to load them from CD and the game expects certain drive letter conventions. But I had little trouble to get it to work all in all. It did run immediately in a playable state using a compatibility mode.

Wunderbar

Arcane
48eNjJJ.jpg

Silent Hill Origins (PS2 version played through PCSX2).

for a game that was originally developed for PSP it has a very good graphics
3jKuniR.jpg

i swear all western-made silent hill products keep rehashing this same monster design
301DGwO.jpg

nothing screams "Silent Hill" more than playing as a dudebro trucker and blasting monsters with an AK.
WvCln2h.jpg

Murica fuck yeah!
NP6uAzb.jpg

The final boss is literally Diablo knock-off lol
CNHes3w.jpg

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I shot this bear on mystery lake. Wounded mortally from revolver rounds to the ass, it ran to the camp office where I had my base, and fell over and died just a few yards away. In a game where carry weight is a major consideration, this was the equivalent of fish jumping out of the water and into the fisherman's cooking pot. Events rarely go in one's favor in the Long Dark, so this was a nice change of luck.

longdark-deadbear.png

HansDampf

Arcane
Kero Blaster

EGo749v.png

gJ5R6UM.png

Solid run & gun platformer. NG+ offers harder, remixed levels with new bosses.

lYfEX3H.png

1P99MnH.png

2tjKnCy.png

gtbCn2e.png

NxSwQXY.png

BecJ4H4.png

0wkq9k2.png

fZnl1X6.png

UhaaiZT.png

gGvPhS4.png
While I can't really find anything wrong with this game, there was always the lingering thought that I could play something better. For example...

----------
Cyber Shadow

khewK99.png

ojsKOTg.png

A modern take on Ninja Gaiden by Yacht Club Games (Shovel Knight).

X5miuni.png

CtShNdx.png

eWn5u6V.png

lkLAnmH.png

m08Lp7F.png

xqg9E4J.png

Cowabunga!

Cowabunga!

ABBxZOs.png

7dOwniQ.png

My favorite weapon is the "swag blade". It's tied to the ninja and swings around like a yo-yo. Hard to control.

VXsv2PR.png

DJsMFPv.png

FKkvmdt.png

eMeQurf.png

There is also an optional CRT shader. But like with most CRT shaders, the effect is too strong and hurts my eyes.
I enjoyed this so much that I finished it 3 times to get all the feats. The ending suggests there are going to be further content updates. I hope.

Jinn

Arcane
A modern take on Ninja Gaiden by Yacht Club Games (Shovel Knight).

It's published by Yacht Club, but not developed by them. The developer is Aarne "MechaSkull" Hunziker. The only reason I mention this is I think it's important to make a distinction between publisher and developer in most cases, but particularly in this one because of the ostensible similarities in terms of aesthetic, but the drastically different type of gameplay you'll find between the two titles.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Clipboard01.jpg

"The Death Marshes. The Death Marshes are home to the mighty Purr-Linn, a primitive and brutal race of ape-like creatures. The Purr-Linn regard humans as weak, squeaking insects and are deeply resentful of the progress humankind has made as the centuries have come and gone. The Primagen has fooled the Purr-Linn into believing that he will turn the Lost Land over to them once they have helped free him. Little do the Purr-Linn know that the Primagen intends to wipe them out as soon as Turok is no longer a threat. Through they are unpredictable and untrustworthy, the Primagen has armed the Purr-Linn with a very limited reserve of high-tech weaponry and ammunition.

Your mission objectives are as follows: Rescue five prisoners. Destroy three ammunition storage facilities. Locate the Energy Totem and defend it at all costs."

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
The cleric in the group sings a song of his faith to the fallen, and the "hero" writes another grim entry in his journal:

"
I managed to infiltrate a bandit camp with my comrades.
Our goal was to find the evil bandit leader and take his life like he did when he took many innocent lives.

The fight was fierce and in the end we won, but what a price we paid in the heat of battle...
The thought of the hollow result pains me greatly.

While trying to take as few lives as possible in this conflict, we took the only one worth more than every life in this camp combined.

We took the life of an innocent.

"
HV3IoFA.png

fx7KOLM.png

In one of my playthroughs, killing this NPC really happened to me because of the fog of war.
I placed a fireball in the middle of the tent before the battle started and killed the poor guy.

Melcar

Arcane
The cleric in the group sings a song of his faith to the fallen, and the "hero" writes another grim entry in his journal:

"
I managed to infiltrate a bandit camp with my comrades.
Our goal was to find the evil bandit leader and take his life like he did when he took many innocent lives.

The fight was fierce and in the end we won, but what a price we paid in the heat of battle...
The thought of the hollow result pains me greatly.

While trying to take as few lives as possible in this conflict, we took the only one worth more than every life in this camp combined.

We took the life of an innocent.

"
HV3IoFA.png

fx7KOLM.png

In one of my playthroughs, killing this NPC really happened to me because of the fog of war.
I placed a fireball in the middle of the tent before the battle started and killed the poor guy.

Good God man. Turn off those Goddamn outlines.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom