Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
dJzuAce.jpeg

Ok Ace Combat.

HansDampf

Arcane
Elementalism

5qR3S7Z.jpg

XjluhTj.jpg

PEewjQk.jpg

eforAqg.jpg

7vanbO0.jpg

C20vmyv.jpg

Z8mNhdO.jpg

See that temple over there? You can go there. Or something like that.

puEq8TY.jpg

NvaJV6K.jpg

WQcrJGm.jpg

Serious Doom

9v00lIt.jpg

Bosses that aren't completely shit?
:what:

YiBTUpv.jpg

KyPfuoh.jpg

vA4m4Qu.jpg

1YIlSSK.jpg

eeJ7qRV.jpg

IodTDwh.jpg

GNIsdH0.jpg

Jb9emDZ.jpg

Pro tip for this bullet hell boss: Disable the weapon sprite. :M

CImcJdu.jpg

en260X1.jpg

Still better story than Doom Eternal.

This is a really polished mapset. I was a bit disappointed by the green episode at first and didn't like the combat. Picking off hundreds of Imps and Shotgunners in gigantic maps isn't exactly peak Doom gameplay. But the other two episodes are much better with more creative level design.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Alright, not the most interesting screenshots because these kind of games aren't the type that give you time to pause and screencap lol.

duke0002.png

duke0003.png
duke0004.png
duke0005.png

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
your aspect ratio looks fucked and the game is way too dark
I don't know how bright it is supposed to be. The values are set at the default. I'm running the game on EDuke32 for what it's worth.
Cassar How do you run the game?

Last edited:

schru

Arcane
your aspect ratio looks fucked and the game is way too dark
I don't know how bright it is supposed to be. The values are set at the default. I'm running the game on EDuke32 for what it's worth.
Cassar How do you run the game?
If you're using the Polymer renderer, the game might be a bit darker due to the different lighting model, but there are some fairly dark areas in the second episode. As for the aspect ratio, try the toggleable widescreen option in the in-game settings; it corrects the aspect ratio when using a non-4:3 resolution, if I recall correctly.

One thing about resolution in DN3D. I haven't tested it in EDuke32 recently, but in the original version of the game at least one feature isn't rendered correctly in resolutions above 320x200, the kind of green acid or goo the Enforcers can throw at you, which appears as droplets flowing down the screen. They're large and multiple, covering much of the screen in 320x200, but at higher resolutions they often don't appear at all, or just one or two are visible. You can test it by starting the third episode, inputting the god-mode code (dncornholio), and waiting for the Enforcer that gets up to the roof to perform the attack.

Anyway, if it's the first time you're playing it, I'd suggest going with the original version in DOSBox. Those earlier shooters just aren't the same without the background demo recordings in the menu, which source ports can't play because of desynchronization due to changes made to the code.

There's also a reason at least to stick to the software renderer, as the skyboxes don't look right either in the Polymost or Polymer renderer (though it's worth noting that the former was created by the engine's author, Ken Silverman). Besides, true three-dimensional rendering isn't that good for games with sprites either as it causes the latter to feel less like part of the world with actual volume.

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Hmmm... I'm curious how much personality tags affect the dialogues.
But I suspect most of it is just based on 4 "main characters" the game assigns.

solasta1.jpg

This game truly looks horrifying. On so many levels. The way the party just stands there, both arms strechted out looking completely dumbfounded is just mind-boggling bad. And let's not talk about the god damn stance of that fucking dwarf.

Codex Year of the Donut
This game truly looks horrifying. On so many levels. The way the party just stands there, both arms strechted out looking completely dumbfounded is just mind-boggling bad. And let's not talk about the god damn stance of that fucking dwarf.
doing the closeup dialogue was such a massive mistake
the dialogue isn't nearly good enough and the character models/animations aren't suited for it

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
River City Girls

Really fun beat 'em up. At first it felt too basic for me, but unlocking new moves with cash makes it a blast. There are some optional boosters and stuff to buy as well. Soundtrack is very dynamic and really elevates the whole experience. Including some longer tracks with vocals was a right move as well.

rivercitygirls2022-05qxjqy.jpg

rivercitygirls2022-05p8jsz.jpg

rivercitygirls2022-05k5ksf.jpg

rivercitygirls2022-05xsj3k.jpg

rivercitygirls2022-05iako2.jpg

rivercitygirls2022-05x9khq.jpg

rivercitygirls2022-05vgkny.jpg

rivercitygirls2022-0568kqq.jpg

rivercitygirls2022-05jojeh.jpg

rivercitygirls2022-053xkoc.jpg

rivercitygirls2022-05uljfs.jpg

rivercitygirls2022-05c5j5m.jpg

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

With time you will learn to love the jank.
Also, now I have a temporary ancient elf aristocrat companion and she doesn't just stand there in a weird pose. Instead, she always sits on increasingly high objects in the background.

sit-1.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom