Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
duke0038.png

duke0040.png

duke0041.png

duke0042.png

duke0043.png

duke0044.png

duke0048.png

duke0047.png

duke0046.png

schru

Arcane
The Nintendo edition seems interesting enough to warrant a future playthrough.
The PlayStation version is also worth playing as it has a very good sound track by a different musician and an additional episode (though the latter is not particularly good).

tvkgL9.jpg

tvkra2.jpg

tvk1kv.jpg

tvkRlC.jpg

tvkTX5.jpg

tvkkrz.jpg

tvk64T.jpg

tvkCNb.jpg

tvkQi7.jpg

tvkVdr.jpg

God Eater 3. Marvelous did a fantastic job with the series. The combat was significantly sped up, polished and improved by an additional dimension of complexity (custom finisher moves), making it extremely enjoyable to play. There's less grind now as it's way easier to get the weapon components and abandoned god arc parts.

Movement is fluid and animation cancelling with steps/parries/specials feels so snappy it's insane.
giphy.gif

The only downside is lowered difficulty: main story content provides almost no challenge, especially if you're playing with a full party, since the AI companions are now insanely strong. If you're an experienced gameur I'd recommend playing the game solo or limiting yourself to one companion for multi-aragami missions. (It's still too easy, soloing GE3 felt easier than finishing God Eater Resurrection with a 4 man party). Post-game content is much better difficulty-wise.

Also lol @ the biggest plot twist happening solely because a child was allowed unrestricted internet access and googled herself :)

Arthandas

Liturgist
This is right fucked up stuff.
Is the game any good?
I shit you not, this is one of the best survival/horror games I've ever played. Let me paste my Steam rev:

Imagine Berserk with obscurity of Dark Souls, except it's not an action RPG but a turn-based survival game where you need to manage your hunger and sanity, resources are scarce and finite, you never know what to expect around the next corner and combat is super deadly.

+ No manual, no tutorials, no in-game explanations, no handholding... You go where you want, you do what you want and you need to figure out everything yourself.
+ Amazing level of interactivity. There are a lot of items to collect, most of them have obscure or situational uses. You can talk to every single enemy in the game - with surprising results. There are hidden NPCs, hidden questlines, secrets...
+ The combat is serious stuff. You can target and cut off enemy limbs and they can do the same to you. Status effects are deadly and linger until properly cured. Enemies don't respawn and you need to pick your battles.
+ Dark, suffocating atmosphere. Sacrifice companions to dark gods, sever your arm with a bonesaw to avoid spreading infection, get raped or tortured to death...
+ Rewarding exploration with plenty of secrets to uncover. Each dungeon floor has multiple hand-made layout variants randomly selected upon starting a new game.
+ The normal difficulty is pretty hardcore and there's also an easy mode and hard mode with permadeath.

- Made in RPG Maker.
- Horrible English translation. It's like the author doesn't care. Plenty of bad grammar even in character intro texts.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is right fucked up stuff.
Is the game any good?
I shit you not, this is one of the best survival/horror games I've ever played. Let me paste my Steam rev:

Imagine Berserk with obscurity of Dark Souls, except it's not an action RPG but a turn-based survival game where you need to manage your hunger and sanity, resources are scarce and finite, you never know what to expect around the next corner and combat is super deadly.

+ No manual, no tutorials, no in-game explanations, no handholding... You go where you want, you do what you want and you need to figure out everything yourself.
+ Amazing level of interactivity. There are a lot of items to collect, most of them have obscure or situational uses. You can talk to every single enemy in the game - with surprising results. There are hidden NPCs, hidden questlines, secrets...
+ The combat is serious stuff. You can target and cut off enemy limbs and they can do the same to you. Status effects are deadly and linger until properly cured. Enemies don't respawn and you need to pick your battles.
+ Dark, suffocating atmosphere. Sacrifice companions to dark gods, sever your arm with a bonesaw to avoid spreading infection, get raped or tortured to death...
+ Rewarding exploration with plenty of secrets to uncover. Each dungeon floor has multiple hand-made layout variants randomly selected upon starting a new game.
+ The normal difficulty is pretty hardcore and there's also an easy mode and hard mode with permadeath.

- Made in RPG Maker.
- Horrible English translation. It's like the author doesn't care. Plenty of bad grammar even in character intro texts.
Oh that was you eh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom