Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Selaco - A Doom engine FPS inspired by FEAR and the classics - coming to Early Access in May

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ion Fury is why everybody bulked at womyn protagonist.

That game set itself up for failure (in terms of the acceptance of the character) by virtue of using the build engine and the association that goes with it (namely Duke Nukem, Lo Wang and Caleb). Bombshell could have easily measured up if they made her as absurd and exaggerated as those characters, but they made her boring and anemic instead.

The reaction you got from the amimu protag would have been less virulent if this game had been announced before Ion Fury, all though there's a general fatigue with having women protagonists in general, and with the antagonism towards social justice ideals generated by stuff like GamerGate, you are going to run into a general wave of malcontent even if you had nothing but the most neutral of intentions. The resentment is out there.

Keep in mind none of us is going to ignore the game on account of something like this but we are still going to sperg about it.

With ALL that out of the way, we'll gladly talk about the game and its qualities, as soon as you show us something lmao.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I'm all for voiced protagonists in old shooters but you gotta make it count.
caleb_blood_by_rainarcanjo_ddk1kfh-fullview.jpg

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bombshell could have easily measured up if they made her as absurd and exaggerated as those characters, but they made her boring and anemic instead.

I wouldn't call her boring and anemic, but she could have been done better. Caroline in Viscerafest is much better IMO (and the VA sounds more "into" the character than Shelly's VA). Then again having every character sound like an overexcited psycho edgelord can become stale fast.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't think in this case it was optional.

Bombshell was supposed to be the female counterpart to Duke. The name itself is outrageous.

Now granted, it could have gone bad even if they stayed true to the character as it was meant to be as it seems the art of writing funny characters isn't there. To wit: i couldn't stand nu-Low Wang from the new Shadow Warrior games.

Amputee Bombshell from that other game made even less sense but that game had the advantage of not being a retro boomer shooter based on the same engine as Duke 3D itself.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Duke connection was severed years ago so it was certainly optional and it isn't like every Build engine game (or boomer shooter for that matter) has to have some over the top character.

Regardless, i was referring to newer games in general, meaning that having 1-2 characters like that is fine, but if every new retro FPS comes with a Caroline-like over the top character then it'll become stale and formulaic.

InSight

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Nigga i'm always right.

( Assuming the things you quote are also yours)

you claimed that their can be no such thing as woman genius

yet in other post you say genius is what you make of it. Then all one has to do is claim a woman genius and thus making you wrong.

“Every thing is shit”

assuming shit=negative/bad/dirty.

No it is not, otherwise how is it that the fabric of our universe still operates in a solid/consistent/reliable form?

Take video games for example

Bodily Exertions are produced by each species I can think of, some multiply times a day in automatic process(no conscious/awareness/skill is required for most of the steps) .

And yet how could you even begin to compare the years of study of computer programming and other crafts involved of multiply people where they spend at least 3 years(3x365.25=1095.75 days) on long daily basis of their “life” powered by society's/civilization(of which we are part of) infra-structure, to compare it to exertion that even insects do en mass on daily basis?!

Can you even visualize an impure electricity(light)?

What have you created that is of such grandeur that would make all others effort compare to exertions?

What of the all creator? Would you extend the “all is” even to that. Video game makers are too a small/tiny/micro creators.

What about “the predator is noble”. Depending on what you find noble I assume many would disagree:

noble indeed for 3 lions to eat a warthog alive without concern for its pain or suffering.

Additional example I heard about is when ape gnaws/bite chunk of a monkey leg while holding it still alive and sreaming.

if there is a lesson to learn from it: one must be strong even for a quick end.

The nobility is evil/perverted/twisted(?).

So no you are not always right (always right=100% of time, and here I gave 3 such examples)

I did not expect someone with your knowledge, your theological dwelling and style of writing to utter/portray/show such ignorance/ill consideration/low words.

Your often use of that word made me worry about you, I assumed you even had brain cancer due to how it can effect taste.

So please be careful with such words. They boost arrogance and that is a downfall. It prevents from considering “more” over less thus the result is that one would become less capable(degeneration) rather than more capable.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Nigga i'm always right.

( Assuming the things you quote are also yours)

you claimed that their can be no such thing as woman genius

yet in other post you say genius is what you make of it. Then all one has to do is claim a woman genius and thus making you wrong.

“Every thing is shit”

assuming shit=negative/bad/dirty.

No it is not, otherwise how is it that the fabric of our universe still operates in a solid/consistent/reliable form?

Take video games for example

Bodily Exertions are produced by each species I can think of, some multiply times a day in automatic process(no conscious/awareness/skill is required for most of the steps) .

And yet how could you even begin to compare the years of study of computer programming and other crafts involved of multiply people where they spend at least 3 years(3x365.25=1095.75 days) on long daily basis of their “life” powered by society's/civilization(of which we are part of) infra-structure, to compare it to exertion that even insects do en mass on daily basis?!

Can you even visualize an impure electricity(light)?

What have you created that is of such grandeur that would make all others effort compare to exertions?

What of the all creator? Would you extend the “all is” even to that. Video game makers are too a small/tiny/micro creators.

What about “the predator is noble”. Depending on what you find noble I assume many would disagree:

noble indeed for 3 lions to eat a warthog alive without concern for its pain or suffering.

Additional example I heard about is when ape gnaws/bite chunk of a monkey leg while holding it still alive and sreaming.

if there is a lesson to learn from it: one must be strong even for a quick end.

The nobility is evil/perverted/twisted(?).

So no you are not always right (always right=100% of time, and here I gave 3 such examples)

I did not expect someone with your knowledge, your theological dwelling and style of writing to utter/portray/show such ignorance/ill consideration/low words.

Your often use of that word made me worry about you, I assumed you even had brain cancer due to how it can effect taste.

So please be careful with such words. They boost arrogance and that is a downfall. It prevents from considering “more” over less thus the result is that one would become less capable(degeneration) rather than more capable.

assuming your words mean anything, didnt you know its all relative bro

sser

Arcane
Developer
Ion Fury is why everybody bulked at womyn protagonist.

That game set itself up for failure (in terms of the acceptance of the character) by virtue of using the build engine and the association that goes with it (namely Duke Nukem, Lo Wang and Caleb). Bombshell could have easily measured up if they made her as absurd and exaggerated as those characters, but they made her boring and anemic instead.

The reaction you got from the amimu protag would have been less virulent if this game had been announced before Ion Fury, all though there's a general fatigue with having women protagonists in general, and with the antagonism towards social justice ideals generated by stuff like GamerGate, you are going to run into a general wave of malcontent even if you had nothing but the most neutral of intentions. The resentment is out there.

Keep in mind none of us is going to ignore the game on account of something like this but we are still going to sperg about it.

With ALL that out of the way, we'll gladly talk about the game and its qualities, as soon as you show us something lmao.

Interesting observation; I had the opposite impression. I was worried they'd overdo it on trying to make the game another 90s cartoon meme. A lot of the game just gels really well, the music, sounds, guns, enemies, level design, etc. I think her character fits the game just as well as all those other moving parts.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nothing to be confused about - given the fact you have a "strong female" protagonist, it’s not a long shot to assume you are some self-hating faggy vegan that likes to scare black people by randomly kneeling in front of them on the street and supports Bernie. It also isn’t a long shot to assume that you would push your political views in the game.

The real mystery is whether such assumptions are correct or not.

Nexxtic

Arcane
Developer
Nothing to be confused about - given the fact you have a "strong female" protagonist, it’s not a long shot to assume you are some self-hating faggy vegan that likes to scare black people by randomly kneeing in front of them on the street and supports Bernie. It also isn’t a long shot to assume that you would push your political views in the game.

This is such a dumb fucking thing to say that I don't even know where to start.

given the fact you have a "strong female" protagonist,
Except we portray her as a character who is highly vulnerable. She ain't Shelly Harrison from Ion Fury.

it’s not a long shot to assume you are some self-hating faggy vegan that likes to scare black people by randomly kneeing in front of them on the street and supports Bernie.
How the hell do you go from having a female protagonist to this weird ass assumption? If I had a history of doing this shit I would maybe give this a pass, but other than having a female character you dont know jack shit about the game. I enjoy some of the input I have gotten from you guys and even addressed a good amount of criticism (her boring chest plate being one of them, it has been revised), but people like you need to get themselves checked out sooner rather than later. I'm not even going to laugh at you because you seem to have serious issues going on if this is where you mind goes when a fictional female character is leading a videogame. Hopefully one day when you recover we can continue this conversation like human beings.

Last edited:

geno

Savant
You shouldn't take parrotings on the internet seriously. Specially from the ones who are talking seriously.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nothing to be confused about - given the fact you have a "strong female" protagonist, it’s not a long shot to assume you are some self-hating faggy vegan that likes to scare black people by randomly kneeing in front of them on the street and supports Bernie. It also isn’t a long shot to assume that you would push your political views in the game.

This is such a dumb fucking thing to say that I don't even know where to start.

given the fact you have a "strong female" protagonist,
Except we portray her as a character who is highly vulnerable. She ain't Shelly Harrison from Ion Fury.

it’s not a long shot to assume you are some self-hating faggy vegan that likes to scare black people by randomly kneeing in front of them on the street and supports Bernie.
How the hell do you go from having a female protagonist to this weird ass assumption? If I had a history of doing this shit I would maybe give this a pass, but other than having a female character you dont know jack shit about the game. I enjoy some of the input I have gotten from you guys and even addressed a good amount of criticism (her boring chest plate being one of them, it has been revised), but people like you need to get themselves checked out sooner rather than later. I'm not even going to laugh at you because you seem to have serious issues going on if this is where you mind goes when a fictional female character is leading a videogame. Hopefully one day when you recover we can continue this conversation like human beings.

LMAO, you said you were confused by this post...

Finally finished that BLM in-game banner, I see.

...and I provided my interpretation of it on the basis of:

- this being the internet
- the generally well known political leanings of the "indie devs" and what I see here as a general attitude towards them
- your previous posts in this thread

Given your response it all adds up rather well, even though I wasn’t being serious. The fact that you are acting like a butthurt retard and immediately resort to pathetic personal attacks like a triggered snowflake says all that I need to know about you. The assumptions in the abovementioned post are therefore most likely correct. Please return to your safespace and calm down a bit before you try to post here again.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Hopefully one day when you recover we can continue this conversation like human beings.

:lol::lol::lol:

Temper your expectations, people don't recover from that kind of derangement. They drone on for years and years....

That said, fucking gameplay vid, at last. I'll also ask for a demo and a jar of cookies (on the first, I'm half-serious, a good demo would be great because the atrocious retroshooter market has blown up and oh god millions of them).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom