Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Selaco - A Doom engine FPS inspired by FEAR and the classics - coming to Early Access in May

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol, the release date. i know that's the year the game is set in, but it's insane you can set the release date to some year in the 23rd century

Nexxtic

Arcane
Developer
Woah, suddenly I received a notification from this thread again. I was wondering why my life felt so peaceful up until now.

lol, the release date. i know that's the year the game is set in, but it's insane you can set the release date to some year in the 23rd century

It gets better; Steam had to approve this release date during reviewing :p

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Woah, suddenly I received a notification from this thread again. I was wondering why my life felt so peaceful up until now.

It gets better; Steam had to approve this release date during reviewing :p

I imagine the dating system only goes that high due to the estimated time it will take them to make and release Half life 3.

Curratum

I want to like this, but I'm having a bit of a hard time getting it up for this sort of thing anymore. I feel like my gaming brain is so very old, tired and impotent at this point. I can't get reasonably excited about any game. Even franchises that I loved and played a lot over the years, franchises that I was able to get back to and use them to nurse my depression, borne from the state of the industry, even those taste like yesterday's microwaved deep-frozen pizza.

And the worst part is that while I want to take the moral high ground and explain how modern games are garbage, I know that it's my brain and my jaded ass that can't ever see games with the fresh bright eyes that I could nearly 25-30 years ago.

Pound Meat

Prophet
Looks interesting but a gun called "penetrator?" There's an awful lot of natural looking/sounding females too. We'll see how much survives after the trannies at Doomworld are done with it.

geno

Savant
I think this has been stated before but the problem with the character is the absence of correlation between her thoughts and actions.
Kinda like this Tomb Raider mene:
f4HdGC6_d.webp

Lemming42

Arcane
Not commenting on the protagonist in this game (who seems fine from the videos so far), but this ^ kind of thing in other modern games always alienates me. Every other protagonist is all "holy shit!" and "alright, you can do this" and "I... I can't go on!!!".

Characters in games just whine nowadays. Nobody's SOLUTIONS-FOCUSED any more. Gordon Freeman was solutions-focused. No fucking about, just grabs an MP5 and starts firing on US forces. Same for original Lara Croft - T-Rex came out of fucking nowhere, no problem, just start backflipping and open fire.

It's not just games, it's in a lot of TV shows and films nowadays, the protagonists will just start having breakdowns mid-story. I don't get it, that's not even how people act in real life. Imagine if every time you tried to make Mario jump into a painting in M64, he would instead fall to the ground first (with shaky camera) and say "oh no! I cannot a-do it! I cannot a-go on-a!"

lightbane

Arcane
A consequence of nowadays' society being weaklings that break at the first sign of hardship. Or at least thinking like that and infecting their work with such ideas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom