Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Selaco - A Doom engine FPS inspired by FEAR and the classics - coming to Early Access in May

toughasnails

Now I have a roomba. Ho-ho-ho.

They are consistently making the rest of commercial GZDoom projects look bad by comparison.

Curratum

Seeing how much colored / dynamic lighting there is in this thing and knowing how GZDoom mods with half as much colored / dynamic lighting run on average, you can stay tuned for some tasty 35 fps gameplay in this, unless you have a beast of a single-core-performance CPU, because GZDoom STILL runs on one core, because FUCK YOU.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Was checking a 2023 calendar featuring current indie FPS characters and found a pinup of Dawn. Sharing is caring I guess.
5y5Y3gi.png

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So far all I've gathered from reading back this thread is that the dev is an insecure bitch who registered to the Codex strictly to tell everyone how much they don't care about the Codex.

Beowulf

Arcane

Nexxtic

Arcane
Developer
Seeing how much colored / dynamic lighting there is in this thing and knowing how GZDoom mods with half as much colored / dynamic lighting run on average, you can stay tuned for some tasty 35 fps gameplay in this, unless you have a beast of a single-core-performance CPU, because GZDoom STILL runs on one core, because FUCK YOU.

We made plenty of engines tweaks to make it render lights more efficiently among other things.

For starters, unlike vanilla GZDoom, we can be selective on what lights are going to cast shadows or not, as well as a setting to reduce the amount of lights you see.

We're not a stock GZDoom game.

Curratum

We made plenty of engines tweaks to make it render lights more efficiently among other things.

For starters, unlike vanilla GZDoom, we can be selective on what lights are going to cast shadows or not, as well as a setting to reduce the amount of lights you see.

We're not a stock GZDoom game.

Let me put it this way - have you tried running the game, set to look like it does in trailers and GMan's preview, on the CPU you've listed under "recommended specs" on Steam, and if yes, is that CPU able to hold 60 fps in typical gameplay?

Last edited by a moderator:

Curratum

lol @ pinup calendar with boomer shooter material.

You'd be surprised to know that the alphabet soup crowd is the majority of the audience playing boomer shooters. Primarily Doom from the really old ones, but all the modern-day "revival" type of shooters... Go on the discord of any of those, or on any randomly chosen ZDoom project discord, and click through the user list. Everyone has about half a dozen pronouns.

randir14

Augur
lol @ pinup calendar with boomer shooter material.

You'd be surprised to know that the alphabet soup crowd is the majority of the audience playing boomer shooters. Primarily Doom from the really old ones, but all the modern-day "revival" type of shooters... Go on the discord of any of those, or on any randomly chosen ZDoom project discord, and click through the user list. Everyone has about half a dozen pronouns.

If those people existed in the 90's they'd be crying about E3 booth babes and the toxic masculinity of it all.

HansDampf

Arcane
Let me put it this way - have you tried running the game, set to look like it does in trailers and GMan's preview, on the CPU you've listed under "recommended specs" on Steam, and if yes, is that CPU able to hold 60 fps in typical gameplay?
Recommended:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel i5-3570k
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: 1 GB of VRAM with OpenGL 3.3 (GeForce GTX 630 or higher)
  • Storage: 600 MB available space
  • Sound Card: One that is chunky enough to play our awesome music and sound effects
  • Additional Notes: System requirements are subject to change.
That's little more than a toaster. I demand 144 fps.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Was checking a 2023 calendar featuring current indie FPS characters and found a pinup of Dawn. Sharing is caring I guess.
5y5Y3gi.png

I think the anatomy for the left leg (the obscured one) from the knee and below is a bit off.

I think it's okay perspective wise (if you could see behind the right knee the calf and foot would be foreshortened a bit), the problem is that the gun is misleading. The angle the left thigh is at, the gun at the angle the gun's at would be clipping through the left thigh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom