Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sell me a Co-Op Game.

Dr1f7

Scholar
let me give you a taste of the 8-man crew experience
Yeah, I said my crew, not your dumbass friends. But thank you for bumping the thread and I hope things get better for you. :)
YEAH IM SURE UR CREW IS GREAT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seconded Guild Wars 1.

Conan Exiles - Great opportunities for barbaric creativity. RIP to the Körangarburg, 2018-2022.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled3.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

SilentSeeker

Novice
I don't know if it's quite what you're looking for, but you might want to give Empyrion: Galactic Survival a look. I'm actually not sure of the max player count, but I'm almost positive I've seen servers with upwards of 16 slots (I'm computer-inaccessible now, or I'd log on and check).

It doesn't have separate classes, but it does have individual-selected tech trees (though that's more of a factor early on when you don't have enough points to go around. It also doesn't have a real endpoint, but there's fun to be had in launching a mass assault on an enemy base, with one of you driving the hovertank while the others man the artillery pieces to take down the base turrets before they obliterate you, then having to bail out, dig down to make escape tunnels, and flee back to safety while you design a behher hovertank.

And gathering the resources to build a massive mothership with multiple hangars to carry the strike craft you disable enemy ships with can be time-consuming, but making that attack is awesome; it's like what StarCon was supposed to have, before Accolade decided to stop existing.

Gostak

Educated
Alien Swarm.
No mods yada-yada. I'd still recommend the UT2004 mod version of it.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Yeah I would go with SilentSeeker's suggestion of Empyrion. It is one of my greatest disappointments in that it'll never live to its full potential, but it has provided me with 100+ hours of fun and I don't regret ever playing/buying it. Still have some very fond memories.

Someone suggested SWAT 4. Yeah that's a nice choice for drop in, drop out games. Ground Branch is another alternative with fun gunplay.

I've also heard good things about Easy Red 2. It's basically budget Battlefield 1942 with destructible environments. I really want to try that some time.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Zombra Ok you really might want to check out Easy Red 2. I just bought and played it for about 6 hours and it's a ton of fun. Really seems like the type of game that would be up the alley of an old grognard like yourself. You control squads, so you can do a 10-player co-op game with no issue.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zombra Ok you really might want to check out Easy Red 2. I just bought and played it for about 6 hours and it's a ton of fun. Really seems like the type of game that would be up the alley of an old grognard like yourself. You control squads, so you can do a 10-player co-op game with no issue.
Thanks! I haven't tried it yet but me and some of my crew did pick it up when you first mentioned it. Looking forward to checking it out ...... when I have time between 100 other games of course :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom