Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sell Out

Quigs

Magister
reabunchofpatheticsellouts9jw.jpg

LlamaGod

Cipher
If we could've, we would've been here from the start so just shut up.

We have content coming in fine and you fuckers are still bitching and moaning about us not being a bunch of little girls

LlamaGod

Cipher
FFT was awesomely simple D:

Those japanese 'tactics' games are fun, but there isnt much difference between them and they get boring really quick. They need campaign maps and shit instead of just special battle locations.

There is the 'Advance Wars' types and the 'Final Fantasy Tactics' types

in advance wars types you move a certain amount of spaces with rock/paper/scissors units and solve map puzzles level by level until you finish

in final fantasy tactics types, you go to locations and win battles, improve your characters and repeat, with a storyline running through

It gets really old really quick and the strategies are simplistic

LlamaGod

Cipher
no it didnt D:

and games that rely on storyline alone usually are awful, like FFT

Astromarine

Erudite
Final Fantasy Tactics was pure, unadulterated filth. And I have all the available Advance Wars and Fire Emblem games.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
LlamaGod said:
FFT was awesomely simple D:
Those japanese 'tactics' games are fun, but there isnt much difference between them and they get boring really quick. They need campaign maps and shit instead of just special battle locations.
There is the 'Advance Wars' types and the 'Final Fantasy Tactics' types
in advance wars types you move a certain amount of spaces with rock/paper/scissors units and solve map puzzles level by level until you finish
in final fantasy tactics types, you go to locations and win battles, improve your characters and repeat, with a storyline running through
It gets really old really quick and the strategies are simplistic

FFT was simple yes, which is why it was so robust. Same goes for Advance Wars. I don't know why you thought the story was dumb, it was interesting and compelling to me, and FFT is hardly based only upon its story.
I don't know why you think FFT needs campaign maps. I know you guys around TC really idolize the Medieval games, but they aren't the only type of strategy game out there, and there's no reason to criticize all games for not being carbon copies. Civ4 got old a lot more quickly than FFT. No offense, but the Total War games weren't all that complex in strategies either. The battles also played out the same paper rock scissors manner (you always counter this unit with a different unit.

Jason

chasing a bee
FFT (and the related games) don't need campaign maps because they're tactical games (surprise!). They're all about "how am I going to whack those spellcasters on that wall before they wipe out my tanks" rather than "how do I manage my empire and allocate resources". They're not the pinnacle of strategic thinking, but they're engaging and addictive. And Tactics Ogre is the shit.

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
That's not properly at all, it doesn't mean anything.

You lose at french.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom