Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sell Out

Jason

chasing a bee
Wherever I go pantslessness ensues D:

Jason

chasing a bee
et23qn.jpg

Jed

Cipher
VasikkA said:
I came here to escape the idiocy at DAC and to read some quality postings made by knowing and witted strategy veterans, but what did I find? The same DAC idiots who make me feel at home again.
...yeah, but now with STRATEGERIE!

VasikkA

Liturgist
Naked_Lunch said:
At least we still have some credibility left, unlike DaC. Developers will actually talk to us!
Honestly, I think you guys have done a great job getting inteviews with various developers recently. I've gotten information about many strategy games out there I otherwise wouldn't have heard of. Reminds me of the early days of the Codex. The future of this site depends a lot on how you want to build up the image of the site; as the #1 place to find information about quality and independent strategy games or as the most introvert and hated strategy site online.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
We're starting to get some previews going, too. Shrapnel has sent us some free games (or at least Baby Arm) and Kerberos Productions is giving us a preview build of Sword of the Stars to check out. If we keep this up, we might start getting free games to review.

Jed

Cipher
VasikkA said:
Reminds me of the early days of the Codex. The future of this site depends a lot on how you want to build up the image of the site; as the #1 place to find information about quality and independent strategy games or as the most introvert and hated strategy site online.
You say "hated," I hear "feared."

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
VasikkA said:
...as the #1 place to find information about quality and independent strategy games or as the most introvert and hated strategy site online.
Well, the quest for quality in games quickly lead to realization that most games are shit, and then before you know it you have "the most introvert and hated strategy site online". Solution? Forget about quality, and embrace the shittiness. Try to find something good in every game. Example: "there are no spelling errors in this game" or "this game is shit, but it has a better-than-Minesweeper minigame". Just some tips.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Well, they are actually some damn good strategy games coming out (unlike the pitiful RPG genre, which won't be seeing much action until G3 comes out) and strategy games are actually doing well in the market while still retaining their quality and integrity as games.

I say call out the shit and praise the good and not just automatically rip every game coming out just to seem "edgy".

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
I don't like the resource collecting model. I don't like the combat, and the units. I don't like missions in the game. I just don't like it. Not to say I hate all RTSes, I just don't like Starcraft. I think it's overrated and a bad model to follow for RTS design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom