Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sengoku Rance Avatars

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
You're my hero, Mrowak :love:

Mrowak

Arcane
ghostdog said:
^ make them in .png format

also it's width that must be 80px, length can be a up to 100px, I think.

You 'length' you mean 'height' right ghostdog? Else I'm confused ;)

Mrowak

Arcane
Another thing: Most of of the images Whiskey Wolf provided are jpgs with black backgrounds.

What do we do?

1) Cut avatars as they are with black background? - look at my current avatar without shadows.
2) Remove black background and make it transparent so that we have just a cropped head as a png?
3) Insert generic background from the game e.g. world-map (suggestons?) and paste heads on it?
4)???

relootz

Scholar
Kz3r0 said:
CrimHead said:
Plz someone make them plz plz plz (I call dibs on rance)
32109-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Quality-Control-Rejected-Stamp-Of-A-Red-X-In-A-Circle-On-A-White-Background.jpg

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Transparent png would be nice. Else, keep it with current background and maybe add a small frame around it.

Mrowak

Arcane
Real Life kept intruding so I did not accomplish much - only a teaser of what mayhap. Sorry for that :oops: Which set do you prefer Codex...

rancesmug.png
rancesneer.png
rancewrath.png
rancelaugh.png

rancesmugblack.jpg
rancesneerblackg.jpg
rancewrathblackd.jpg
rancelaughblack.jpg

Edit: Rance quickly-cleaned pngs

rancesmugclear.png
rancesneerclear.png
rancewrathclear.png
rancelaughclear.png

And no, I'm not going to clear those black pixelated frames around chars for each and every damn character there is in game in each png. You see is what you get. I do not mind quick cut out of black backgrounds and simple smoothing if the presented pngs suffice though.

Moar tomorrow. If you want them that is seeing how relatively little support they receive. I hate doing stuff that proves useless in the end :attentionwhorerantend:

Edit: And while we are at it - which characters should I give priority to?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Mrowak said:
Real Life kept intruding so I did not accomplish much - only a teaser of what mayhap. Sorry for that :oops: Which set do you prefer Codex...

rancesmug.png
rancesneer.png
rancewrath.png
rancelaugh.png

rancesmugblack.jpg
rancesneerblackg.jpg
rancewrathblackd.jpg
rancelaughblack.jpg

And no, I'm not going to clear those black pixelated frames around chars for each and every damn character there is in game in each png. You see is what you get. I do not mind quick cut out of black backgrounds if the presented pngs suffice though.

Moar tomorrow. If you want them that is seeing how relatively little support they receive. I hate doing stuff that proves useless in the end :attentionwhorerantend:

Edit: And while we are at it - which characters should I give priority to?

Do some 'Mey ass is being raped!' faces from the female chars.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
rancelaughclear.png

On a related note, why do you have to clean them manually? Does Photoshop not have an option to "set this entire color to background"? or "set entire selection to background", after you use magic wand to select the blackness?

Felix

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
We had these. They were not added.

commie said:
Fuck Rance...I'd rather play fucking Arcania than that static, walls of never ending crap dialogue shit. What's so great about it?

Some asshole's static cock and those people love to suck his cock.

Mrowak

Arcane
Sceptic said:
rancelaughclear.png

On a related note, why do you have to clean them manually? Does Photoshop not have an option to "set this entire color to background"? or "set entire selection to background", after you use magic wand to select the blackness?

1) I'm using old Photoshop Cs1 :oops:

It does not select as well as it should with magic wand - hence the black frames.

2) The default images I'm resizing from do not have highest resolution. After resizing the image to 80x90px while everything else gets compressed that 1-pixel wide frame surrounding the face... stays 1-pixel wide frame surroundig the face. Thus the extra difficulties.

3) Saving 8-bit pngs (for small size) instensifies those nasty frames even arfter quick-retouch.

Compare:

rancesmugclear24.png
- 24-bit png
rancesmugclear.png
- 8 bit png

The first set of pngs didn't look bad in photoshop. It started when I posted the images here.

4) My photoshop fuu is not as well these days as it used to be :( It's improving though.

Mrowak

Arcane
I'm a hopeless idiot :oops:

I could not into Threshold/Tolerance settings :oops: :facepalm:

Mrowak

Arcane
Ok, boys and girls - another teaser is coming. In no partucicular order:

nrancewrath.png
nranceleer.png
nrancesneer.png
nrancelaugh.png
nobunaga.png
dnobunaga.png
demonnobunaga.png
iforgotwho.png
dmiki.png
demonmiki.png
rengoku.png
kentarou.png
42719521.png
codextruefaceof.png
sounh.png
suzaku.png
trollmask.png
chaossword.png
isorokua.png
isoroku.png
inukai.png

Now I needs comments from you people if you are genuinely interested. Continue or abandon?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Mrowak said:
Ok, boys and girls - another teaser is coming. In no partucicular order:

nrancewrath.png
nranceleer.png
nrancesneer.png
nrancelaugh.png
nobunaga.png
dnobunaga.png
demonnobunaga.png
iforgotwho.png
dmiki.png
demonmiki.png
rengoku.png
kentarou.png
74585111.png
codextruefaceof.png
sounh.png
suzaku.png
trollmask.png
chaossword.png
isorokua.png
isoroku.png
inukai.png

Now I needs comments from you people if you are genuinely interested. Continue or abandon?
Beautiful. Now, stop your constant attention whoring and finish the job !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom