Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sengoku Rance Avatars

CrimHead

Scholar
I'll make a donation to the Codex if you add them DU :smug:

Alexandros said:
I'm gonna side with the "no" crowd. I respect the fact that some people like Rance (well actualy I really really don't respect it one bit, but live and let live) and I'm ok for those weirdos to have their thread. But please, keep it there and don't let it infect the rest of the Codex.

Forced incline is not true incline. If people use these avatars, it's because the codex has been overrun by the weeaboos already, this is just a way to identify them.

If you want the traitors to walk among us, unseen, fine. But don't complain when the Codex starts going down the toilet and no one knows what the fuck is happening.

I'm already choosing mine

Felix

Arcane
How about Nobunaga's Ambition avatars instead? We already have Celtic Tale's avatars so those fit right in.

bodybg.jpg

It's not animu trash and none of those demon, fantasy shit. :M

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Reject_666_6 said:
What the fuck is wrong with having HoMM5 avatars?

Choose your words carefully or expect a shitstorm.
homm is a shitty spin-off in a series of shitty spin-offs which is being milked to death and is :decline: incarnate considering its history and the fact that a fuckton of newfags out there don't even know might and magic and automatically think of homm when you drop them those three words.

nival's time would have been better spent on a better newer silent storm than on this warlordslike travesty and that is wrong with those lameass homm5 avatars.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
SuicideBunny said:
homm is a shitty spin-off in a series of shitty spin-offs.

Comrade SuicideBunny, what do you think about the perspective of a sharp, red-hot poker invading your buttocks?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
beats liking a (ubisoft game|strategy game with really shitty ai|might and magic game which has absolutely no relation to might and magic anymore).

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
SuicideBunny said:
Reject_666_6 said:
What the fuck is wrong with having HoMM5 avatars?

Choose your words carefully or expect a shitstorm.
homm is a shitty spin-off in a series of shitty spin-offs which is being milked to death and is :decline: incarnate considering its history and the fact that a fuckton of newfags out there don't even know might and magic and automatically think of homm when you drop them those three words.

nival's time would have been better spent on a better newer silent storm than on this warlordslike travesty and that is wrong with those lameass homm5 avatars.

:shock:

:retarded:

HoM&M used to be the series of excellent spin-offs which :declined: since the part 4.

HoM&M 5 on the other hand is an abomination which should never have been begoten into existence. The team responsible for art direction ought to have been sacked immediately the moment the lead designer saw the joke of unit drafts. If you guys consider Rance style attrocity then I see no way this freak of a game should have its avatars at the prestigious magazine.

[delete]
Why cant I delete my posts in this forum?
Since I cannot, let me add my voice to the ones clamoring for Rance. Rance>DU.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
i WILL ADD SENGOKU RANCE AVATARS IF WE RAISE $100 usd.

Edit: Woah, Caps Lock.

Put "For Sengoku Rance Avatars" in the text box when you donate obv.

Achilles

Arcane
Probably beers for the staff, which they will drink while laughing at the morons who paid money to get an avatar on an internet forum. Please come to your senses, this is consoletard-level behavior.

SoupNazi

Well it's not like I was going to donate for Rance avatars. I'd consider donating if DorkUnderlord fixed the search function, though. :smug:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
DarkUnderlord said:

canz we has donation meter or something? btw, how about including the donate link somewhere in the donor templates... having to log out each time is kinda annoying.
Alexandros said:
Probably beers for the staff, which they will drink while laughing at the morons who paid money to get an avatar on an internet forum. Please come to your senses, this is consoletard-level behavior.
a donation to keep the site going with the added benefit of trolling the shit out of hypocritical anti-anime fags or seeing the site crash and burn under the weight of gd eventually... hmm.. decisions decisions....
SoupNazi said:
I'd consider donating if DorkUnderlord fixed the search function, though. :smug:
there's a hotfix for the search function. it's called the google site keyword and is surprisingly effective and fast.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
DarkUnderlord said:

I propose to introduce a second option; donating with "For not having Sengoku Rance Avatars" in the textbox. Then putting a counter on the page and observing how a constant struggle between two factions of the Codex leads to a profit. :)

For fuck's sake. DU. The Codex does not do DLC. It especially does not do Sengoku Rance DLC.

And for people going on about the HoMM, I am sorry to break it to you but all HoMM games are cartoony.
Given that their HoMM5 design document obviously specified a "cartoony" style, they did a pretty high quality job of it.

And yes I did prefer HoMM3; mechanics, visuals, music. But I am not going to complain about HoMM5 visuals just because they are not the same as earlier games. That is called raging out of your vagina and you need to Stop and give the vagina back to SMA

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
you know, whenever someone does italics for emphasis, i always think that i would have done it differently.
for example
so the site isn't actually fueled by hate?
which is also how i would emphasize it when speaking.
is there any actually correct way to do this, or is it simply taste and mine being different?

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'll donate a tenner tonight im sure ther ar 9 more . Ålso i thnk only th sponsors should be able to use them. Sry for bad engrish but im on blackberry

SuicideBunny said:
you know, whenever someone does italics for emphasis, i always think that i would have done it differently.
for example
is there any actually correct way to do this, or is it simply taste and mine being different?

Yep, you are right SuicideBunny. When you want to know which word to emphasise you can imagine the sentence to say the opposite and look at which word is different, and that is typically the word to be emphasised.

Ålso i thnk only th sponsors should be able to use them.

If we are to come to a compromise then I would go with this, except I realise it is probably not going to work. At least that way though, there would be only one or two of these things per 100-200 people, which is almost ignorable.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Excommunicator said:
And for people going on about the HoMM, I am sorry to break it to you but all HoMM games are cartoony.
And that was a bad thing in 2 because...

Personally I prefer 3's gameplay but 2's graphics. 5 was alright, liked some changes from 3, disliked others, graphics sucked, music varied from good to absofuckinlutely awesome. Didn't like 4, except for some of the music being possibly the best in the entire series.

SuicideBunny said:
for example

Growing up with superhero comic books where this doesn't follow any logic, I simply don't care anymore

But I should note that I wasn't sure on the above, thought about doing it your way but decided no one would notice it. :(

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
SuicideBunny said:
for example

Growing up with superhero comic books where this doesn't follow any logic, I simply don't care anymore

But I should note that I wasn't sure on the above, thought about doing it your way but decided no one would notice it. :(

Hey bro, I liked your way better. :bro:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom