Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sengoku Rance Avatars

SoupNazi

man where ARE you getting all these COMICS

i want all the spidermans PLS

If any of you are considering donating in the future, you could just as well do it now, couldn't you?

If anyone else agrees to donate, I'll send the Codex 20 jewbucks.

Mrowak better do a good job with the avatars though.

Morkar Left

DLC on the codex??? For anime?????????????!!!!!

:decline: :x :retarded:

SuicideBunny said:
you know, whenever someone does italics for emphasis, i always think that i would have done it differently.
for example
so the site isn't actually fueled by hate?
which is also how i would emphasize it when speaking.
is there any actually correct way to do this, or is it simply taste and mine being different?

I thought I would be alone with it :D

mondblut

Arcane
Speaking of avatars, hey, DU, how about Goldbox series ones? They'd have to be 88x88 though (the good folks at SSI knew the power of The Number) since I don't feel like resizing, but half of the avatars are over 80px anyway. Say yes, and I'll drop a couple or two of hundreds by next day.

Sceptic said:
Excommunicator said:
And for people going on about the HoMM, I am sorry to break it to you but all HoMM games are cartoony.
And that was a bad thing in 2 because...

Personally I prefer 3's gameplay but 2's graphics. 5 was alright, liked some changes from 3, disliked others, graphics sucked, music varied from good to absofuckinlutely awesome. Didn't like 4, except for some of the music being possibly the best in the entire series.

It wasn't a bad thing at all. That's the point I'm making. I like the HoMM style even though I would do it differently, and the criticism directed at it is generally a matter of the visuals simply being different rather than un-HoMM-like, which is not a genuine criticism IMO

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Jim Cojones said:
I propose to introduce a second option; donating with "For not having Sengoku Rance Avatars" in the textbox. Then putting a counter on the page and observing how a constant struggle between two factions of the Codex leads to a profit. :)
Easily resolved. Anything "against" Sangoku Rance avatars gets added to the target, anything "for" gets added to the amount raised.

Excommunicator said:
For fuck's sake. DU. The Codex does not do DLC. It especially does not do Sengoku Rance DLC.
It does now. :smug:

Updated widget.

mondblut said:
Speaking of avatars, hey, DU, how about Goldbox series ones? They'd have to be 88x88 though (the good folks at SSI knew the power of The Number) since I don't feel like resizing, but half of the avatars are over 80px anyway. Say yes, and I'll drop a couple or two of hundreds by next day.
Yes.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Excommunicator said:
the criticism directed at it is generally a matter of the visuals simply being different rather than un-HoMM-like, which is not a genuine criticism IMO
You mean 5? Eh, it's the ugliest of the bunch. Not because it's cartoony (I agree that "cartoony=un-HOMM" is a p. retarded criticism), but just ugly. There is no benefit at all from going 3D - the only way to play the overland map is to pick "fixed isometric" and zoom out to the max, and with combat I always find the one bearable setting after installing the game then never move it again. Then again, in terms of graphics, I still think 2 owned them all. Same cartoony charm, but not as blocky as 1. It was just perfect.

Satori said:
SoupNazi said:
man where ARE you getting all these COMICS

i want all the spidermans PLS
Dude, that pic is from the Clone Saga. You. Do. Not. Want. To. Read. That.

Satori is right.

Kaine2.jpg

why yes this is a 90's superhero, why do you ask

I could direct you to One More Day, if you like your comics to be of a more cereberal palsy nature

SoupNazi

Gee guys, I don't know! I only had like 8 issues or so of "The Amazing Spider-Man" and I only really remember the story arc with the origin of Carnage, where Spider-Man travels with Human Torch to an island where Venom is imprisoned and believes that Spider-Man is dead. He and Venom then unite against Carnage and I don't even remember how it all ended, but I remember one page where Spider-Man and Venom swing through the city and Venom sings Sinatra's Strangers in the night.

So really I'll take whatever you throw at me!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Here's a rule of the thumb for you:

In general, Spider-Man comics suck ass. Though apparently Ultimate Spider-Man is sorta good, or so I've heard (not going to be on my buy list for a long time, since I've got to get Doom Patrol finished next and then start collecting Sandman and The Invisibles).

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Here's a rule of the thumb for you:

In general, Spider-Man comics suck ass. Though apparently Ultimate Spider-Man is sorta good, or so I've heard (not going to be on my buy list for a long time, since I've got to get Doom Patrol finished next and then start collecting Sandman and The Invisibles).

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
DarkUnderlord said:
Jim Cojones said:
I propose to introduce a second option; donating with "For not having Sengoku Rance Avatars" in the textbox. Then putting a counter on the page and observing how a constant struggle between two factions of the Codex leads to a profit. :)
Easily resolved. Anything "against" Sangoku Rance avatars gets added to the target, anything "for" gets added to the amount raised.

Excommunicator said:
For fuck's sake. DU. The Codex does not do DLC. It especially does not do Sengoku Rance DLC.
It does now. :smug:

Updated widget.

mondblut said:
Yes.

DU...

WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You are a freaking genius. I mean why do you even waste time here when you could become next Kotic (if you're not him already :conspiracy:). First selling avatars (you have not even made) as DLC was already supiciously shady - knowing your nazi methods you'd finally add them making super :smug: remark about how you milked those who paid to your hearts content. I really expected you'd add "sheeple" tag as an extra to each avatar.

But now you simply surpassed yourself. I took Jim Cojones's idea as an obviously obvious joke - a sarcastic remark no one could take seriously. You, however, have taken it to another level. Now you're using one 'sheeple' (- as you apparently perceive us - both the detractors and supporters) against another.

You know - Sengoku Rance avatars are not a problem here. If you did not want them you could have said that outright instead of dancing around the truth like Todd Howard during Failout 3 press conference (hence was my unwillingness to make more avatars than I have made).

The problem is the methods you're using - they are the true mark of :decline: that's hitting this place. At the start I thought your point was to mark our side as 'dumbfucks' but now it seems you want to take advantage of everyone. Cheap.

What's next? Maybe artificially rising target amount - the moment we reach target amount code will add $10 more than the current amount is to the target?

Fake Edit: We could negotiate which avatars to add and which to scrap altogether - even I must say that their style does not suit the Codex exactly. Nevertheless, there are among them those that given the context of the game, nature of codex and the fact that the game is actually GOOD fit right here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom