Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Serious Sam 4

SlamDunk

Arcane
Looks like more of the same, but with upgraded graphics. No real innovations to be seen.

EA presents: Serious Sam 2020

A horse of course

Looks like more of the same, but with upgraded graphics. No real innovations to be seen.

EA presents: Serious Sam 2020

Nothing wrong with that, so long as it's fast-paced fun (i.e. not SS3).

Looks ok. More of the same, but i don't mind it. This kind of fps doesn't grow on trees, so...

I was curious as well that they didn't show any part of the gameplay with the vehicles. I wouldn't mind if they remove them honestly, but whatever.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

6igsmz2y5vc51.png

You can now dual wield laserguns. There was that one FPS where you could dual-wield most of your arsenal and freely choose weapons for that. of course, nuWolf, they took inspiration from that one...

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane

6igsmz2y5vc51.png

You can now dual wield laserguns. There was that one FPS where you could dual-wield most of your arsenal and freely choose weapons for that. of course, nuWolf, they took inspiration from that one...

Double your gun.
Double your fun.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
I've heard them talk about this publisher problem before, it's interesting to hear about how these small devs got around before the era of crowdfunding. Kinda disappointed they didn't talk about Old Man Murray, he was always my favourite part of that story

Last edited by a moderator:

JDR13

Arcane
I normally hate vehicle sequences in first-person shooters, but that doesn't look too bad. Hopefully it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I normally hate vehicle sequences in first-person shooters, but that doesn't look too bad. Hopefully it doesn't overstay its welcome.

Considering the variety of environments shown at the last part of the trailer, their focus on their new terrain system and their "horde system" for massive crowds, my guess is that this either will be something you'll always have around as an option or there will be several levels where you use it.

In practice it largely depends on how it is done. Back when i played FEAR 2 i absolutely loved the mech sections but that was the only time i liked an FPS where you get to control a mech (i haven't played Titanfall though). Seems to be hard to do those (and AFAIK not everyone liked the mech sections in FEAR 2 - but i think the dislike wasn't about the gameplay but about the game's mood swings, which i personally didn't mind at all) but the potential is there, so i'm curious.

Vlajdermen

Arcane
i haven't played Titanfall though
Bruh, you really need to play Titanfall 2

Now that it has been added on Steam i have hopes it'll find its way to GOG eventually since there are some other EA titles there.
Just pirate it, or if you can, get it on a console. Finding one second-hand should be no problem, and the multiplayer's (apparently) dead anyway. You can get it for pocket change and the campaign is more than worth it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom