Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Original Campaign Thread

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by belated, May 28, 2015.

1. CryptRat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Developer

CryptRat
    What's fun about its combat, in my opinion, is eventually spamming some spell you put all your points into, there's some satisfaction feeling when getting strong because the game is rightfully not easy at the start. I remember using at least one characte with a whip and one with elixirs, I think different weapons really work differently, I don't remember that well.

Take some notes, use skills, the game excels in quest resolution, puzzles and secrets.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Gunnar Savant

Gunnar
    The game has a Good and a Bad ending. You're supposed to either play a benevolent god that doesn't kill humans or take sides in their affairs, or a selfish god that uses every power to his advantage. If you want to get the good ending, use the NPCs the game gives you and don't steal their will. Avoid killing humans or completing questlines that take sides in their affairs. It's harder to play for the good ending because you have to give up experience and loot and you have to sneak around in some areas, plus you don't get a customized party of slave soldiers, but perfectly doable and fun to play. Otherwise, just do what you want and you will get the Bad ending.

There are ways to levelup quickly, abuse steal and some overpowered spells, if you're interested in any of that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    The spell system is fun, especially drawing the glyphs. I recall steal was useful, and some quests had unique resolutions around it as well as important NPCs having unique items. I believe I did a mix of whip, magic and glyphs - although the terms used in game are a bit different. There was another glyph that let you assert your will, that one was good as well. Some are obviously geared to alternate quest solutions and seeing more content - pick those.

also, read the moon lords book. That’s you, the protagonist, and it’s like a great throwback to the 1990s manuals where there is a lot of indirect (and some direct) hints about how to solve things in-game, cleverly disguised as lore and flavor. SitS made me forget PoE and breath a sigh of relief, flawed as it was.

you’ll need to take some notes too, but it isn’t rigorous.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Falksi Arcane

Falksi
    Absolutely loving going back to it so far. Thing are flowing better this time, and familiarity with the combat & suchlike are making things way more enjoyable.

• incline incline x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.