Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Serpents of Siraf

Modron

Arcane
Figured any Quest For Glory like Adventure/RPG is worthy of having its own thread especially one with such a decent pedigree of Heroine's Quest lead artist and animator Corby LaCroix who had a few AGI adventures under his belt before entering that role.
https://corby71.wixsite.com/bronze-crow-studios

Serpents of Siraf​

Serpents of Siraf is a Quest for Glory 2 inspired Adventure/RPG set in ancient Persia.
Based heavily on the Shanameh, the story follows a heroine travelling to the port city of Siraf for adventure and glory. Our heroine will journey through vast deserts and oceans and even the sky in her quest to rid the land of a rising evil.

mq1glFM.jpg

Q0P9atY.png

orz8ebc.png

kh6QBW9.png

iibVCvN.png

t3psVFZ.png

O4fq3GL.png

vukCApG.png

Credit to jfrisby for bringing this incline to our attention.
Heroine's Quest lead artist making a new game, not many details.

Corby has since released further tidbits of info in his blog https://corby71.wixsite.com/bronze-crow-studios/blog transcribed below for your convenience.

Modron

Arcane
https://corby71.wixsite.com/bronze-crow-studios/post/fauna-of-siraf

Fauna of Siraf​

With over 35 enemies to battle and many more fantastic creatures to meet, below is just a small sample of what you may encounter when exploring the lands of Persia:
gA509xt.gif

Originating from nearby Babylon, this monstrous scorpion hybrid has invaded the deserts of Persia. If you can manage to kill one, don't forget to take it's tail!
D1vSHYF.gif

Divs, or Deevs come in many forms. This shaggy nocturnal subtype will ruin your midnight stroll as it's scream can drain your very life!
JFDwFTx.gif

The Mardkhora is a ferocious opponent if unlucky enough to run into one. Aside from it's teeth and claws, it can turn your into a pin cushion with it's deadly tail spines!
fPWkdFz.gif

High above the clouds away from mortals live the Peri, small winged humanoids with a fondness for music and perfumes. It's rumored that Peris with golden wings can even grant wishes!
K4WWXKb.gif

Ever wanted your own flying mount? How about a Chamrosh? This bird/dog hybrid will heed your call if in need of some fast travel!
q16myH9.gif

While Wiener Dogs are not a common sight in desert lands, there have been a few sightings in Siraf, so keep an eye out!

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
https://corby71.wixsite.com/bronze-crow-studios/post/magic-in-siraf

Magic in Siraf​

Siraf is a land of magic, both dangerous and wonderful! With 14 spells to gather, you'll need every bit of that magic to save the day!
RvTibHJ.gif

Fire breathing is not only useful for entertainment in the marketplace. Try it yourself and show your enemies that you flame to please!
ABub6iw.gif

Protecting yourself against attacks and poison is incredibly useful in these lands, so why not adopt the skin of a snake?
mBIdCjf.gif

With so many nasty venomous creatures out there, return the favor by summoning a magical serpent to poison your foes!
ed9DXHJ.gif

Banishing demons are just another part of the heroine job!
ZiV8qBf.gif

Divs, by nature, possess powerful magic. Be ready for some tough magical duels!

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
https://corby71.wixsite.com/bronze-crow-studios/post/so-you-want-to-be-a-thief

So you want to be a Thief?​

EzCdw8t.png

There is plenty for a thief to do in a large city. However, unless you want to settle for simply picking pockets, it is recommended that you track down the local thieves' guild for better tools and access to the best jobs!
BkEmTbz.png

Work your way up from small time heists to robbing the city's most wealthy.
cxy4wbK.gif

Your agility and balance will be tested throughout your journey. Best not skimp on your training!
huE9HNk.gif

As a rogue you need not engage in all conflicts. Try tossing a smoke bomb and make a sneaky escape!
nKWFVt5.gif

Don't forget to check the black market from time to time. Perhaps some of your own stolen goods will end up there.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is upcoming, not released yet, right? Cause I can't find a download link on the site.

Really looking forward to this. I love Arabian Nights settings SO MUCH and there's too few games in them.

agris

Arcane
Patron
The art looks great, as it did in Heroine's Quest. Although I'm not a fan of this generic 3D model (probably DAZ?) for what I presume are the portraits and cutscenes. Everything else just oozes charm.
Agree entirely. Your point about the generic-ness of the 3d dialogue portrait is very apt. Would much prefer a stylized drawn portrait.

Mary Sue Leigh

Erudite
It's really something to see a female character again that isn't built like a man, with a sour face and a fugly sidecut or corn rows. And really Arabian Nights stories are great, one of my most re-read fairy tales books. Always wanted to be clever and creative like Sheherazade.
This has huge..
.. potential.

The art looks great, as it did in Heroine's Quest. Although I'm not a fan of this generic 3D model (probably DAZ?) for what I presume are the portraits and cutscenes. Everything else just oozes charm.
Agree entirely. Your point about the generic-ness of the 3d dialogue portrait is very apt. Would much prefer a stylized drawn portrait.
Yeah, I thought exactly the same. The screens look beautiful and have that elusive and difficult to reproduce QfG vibe but the 3D modelled face looks very out of place and stylistically unfitting, cheap even. Anyway, can't wait for more news about this game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom