Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Seven Dragon Saga - Gold Box spiritual successor from SSI veterans

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm very much hoping so too.

I wonder how they'll handle not meeting the funding goal, and when they'll re-pitch.

mondblut

Arcane
I wonder how they'll handle not meeting the funding goal, and when they'll re-pitch.

Was any failed KS project ever "repitched", and if so, did it succeed?

To my eyes, you get one shot at KS. If you failed once, you have failed forever. The only option is to get into loans, sell some kidneys and pour the funds in to meet the goal at the last second. Either that, or pack your stuff and go home.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

To my eyes, you get one shot at KS. If you failed once, you have failed forever. The only option is to get into loans, sell some kidneys and pour the funds in to meet the goal at the last second. Either that, or pack your stuff and go home.

There were some. But none in this scale yet as far as I know.

Edge Of Eternity
$26K/200K -> $160K/44K

Graywalkers: Purgatory
$42K/100K -> $47K/40K

Telepath Tactics
$18K/25K -> $41K/15K

Bloom: Memories
$6K/150K -> $34K/50K -> $61K/40K

Earthlock: Festival of Magic
$49K/250K -> $170K/150K

Shadorwun: Hong Kong

I pretty much agree with you. A blazing success usually seems to happen first go.

Apexeon

Arcane
Dear SSI Kickstart a reboot of Panzer general 2 in HD 2D art with a proper campaign for the Allies.

Please take me there my body is ready.

rezaf

Cipher
Dear SSI Kickstart a reboot of Panzer general 2 in HD 2D art with a proper campaign for the Allies.

Please take me there my body is ready.

Allied%20Corps_Eskorte_3.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
Man, I hope this failure doesn't discourage them, the last updates seem to be very promising. I played quite a few old and new RPGs but scenarios with proper choices and consequences that aren't telegraphed a mile away are really rare, even on old RPGs, makes me curious if they are going to pull that off. Next time they try kickstarter, they should start with the heavy artillery right away with a dozen complex roleplay scenarios, who cares about spoilers if the game might not even be done in the first place?

Some nice concept art with a more unique art style, I don't know if it is a good idea to go for 3d "realism" on a low budget game and one last thing... how they gonna make this game with 450.000 dollars if less ambitious games many times cost more than that?

Darkzone

Arcane
rezaf
What is that is that tobruk or el-alamein? But this cannot be, because the sides are reversed is this the last stand around Tunis? What is the name of this game that is like PG2?

Somebody actually plays WW2 games for the Allies? :lol:
Yes i do. Hearts of Iron for Poland and Czechia. PG II for CCCP.

The last updates should have been in the opening of the kickstarter on the first day.

There were some. But none in this scale yet as far as I know.

Edge Of Eternity
$26K/200K -> $160K/44K

Bloom: Memories
$6K/150K -> $34K/50K -> $61K/40K

Earthlock: Festival of Magic
$49K/250K -> $170K/150K

This games have quite a good scale, and there are even more second run kickstarters. But the problems is simply they lack the charisma and presentation ability of a Fargo or Vincke. So even in the second run they can fail, if they will do not focus only on the game and the technical and cRPG aspects.

About the last update:
D&D 2AP system with just one minor additional action or better said 2.5AP. So since when are 2APs bad and 2.5APs good?

rezaf

Cipher
What is that is that tobruk or el-alamein? But this cannot be, because the sides are reversed is this the last stand around Tunis? What is the name of this game that is like PG2?

I have no idea what exact mission it is since I just linked to the first representative screenshot I found on Google.

The game is Allied Corps, the Allied expendalone of Panzer Corps.
Here's the campaign tree, if you're interested:
file.php

It's not perfect, but I can't imagine a Kickstarted PG2 sequel with the specifications Apexeon listed could be significantly better.

Darkzone

Arcane
It's not perfect, but I can't imagine a Kickstarted PG2 sequel with the specifications Apexeon listed could be significantly better.
I think 3d would be better, but not like PG3, and the new PG2 should be with similar rules to the People's General. In europe (or at least germany) also called Dynasty General.

rezaf

Cipher
I think 3d would be better, but not like PG3, and the new PG2 should be with similar rules to the People's General. In europe (or at least germany) also called Dynasty General.

Yeah, I always confuse the generals because PG2 was called PG3D over here...
Allied Corps is more like an Allied General remake of course. But still, worth a look if you're after a PG experience with allied troops.

Maybe Flashback Games (the developer of Panzer Corps) will return to WW2 with a PG2 remake after their (in my opinion rather mediocre) Warhammer game ... but depending on how much they will want to tweak the rules from expansion to expansion and on how many expansions there will be, he (it's really just one guy for the most part) might be busy with Armageddon for the forseeable future.

So maybe a PG2 Kickstarter WOULD make sense after all.

Going back to what this thread really ought to be about, I feel PG had a number of pretty close "spiritual successors" and some more are inbound, whereas GoldBox really only has DungeonCraft, which is still not completely finished despite passing 1.0.
Which is why I thought it'd have been great for the veterans that brought us the originals to deliver a modern version to us.

They could even have gone for a almost 1:1 remake - take that open game licence D&D thingy and after some window dressing we're taking a boat across the Starsea in the Remembered Realms to the city of Pallan in which a mysterious leader only known as "The Chief", supposedly tied to something called the Radiant Puddle, is controlling most of the area, but there's an effort underway to reclaim what was lost...

Branm

Learned
Never did it look promising....after the first 12 hours it was pretty clear this would crash and burn

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm a bit worried about people going "this is getting more intriguing after every update" because it might make them think that all they have to do is dump a huge wall of text next time for GUARANTEED MILLIONS. No, they have to do a lot more than that.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
Oh I agree the pitch's execution and salesmanship hasn't been that great but the lore and mechanics are looking far more interesting. I'd gotten interested initially by the talk of a Chinese/Far Eastern-influenced RPG (hopefully in a non-superficial way) and then dismissed it again as fairly boring. Now my interest has been piqued again which leaves me hoping it all works out.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm a bit worried about people going "this is getting every intriguing after every update" because it might make them think that all they have to do is dump a huge wall of text next time for GUARANTEED MILLIONS. No, they have to do a lot more than that.
I think/hope TSI knows that people posting here represent the hard core, not the larger market dollar.

Apexeon

Arcane
If they want a slice of the larger market dollars they will need some art to please the eyes before the brain kicks in with the rules.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
If they want a slice of the larger market dollars they will need some art to please the eyes before the brain kicks in with the rules.
That'd be the first time ever if a CRPG attracts an audience with visuals and then hooks them with game design. It usually goes "impress with visuals, disappoint with design."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom