Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shachibato! President, It's Time for Battle! Maju Wars

Repressed Homosexual
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1390600/_/

Shachibato! President, It's Time for Battle! Maju Wars is a turn based, rogue like fantasy strategy RPG! Your mission is to explore randomly generated dungeons to gather items and treasure to help expand your dungeon exploration company.

There is now a demo available.

Thoughts?

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
The design is still there, you would be disgusted to see what kind of weeb shovelware i play but this is an instant pass for me.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, I'm no coward so I did play this a bit. Weird for a gacha, doesn't really feel like one.

In essence it's a roguelite sorta thing. You have a company of adventurers that you raise along with your guild to reach further down a mystery dungeon that popped out of the ground and can be entered every 10 days. In those 10 days you prepare yourself and grind mini fights, improve the attack/defense/etc of the entire squad. Then you get to enter with a few pre-selected chars, no chargen or anything as far as I can tell, that might be where the gacha came in*.

But none of those elements are here anymore, as far as I can tell. The battles are pretty quick affairs, something close to Fire Emblem but not quite. When I wiped in the dungeon it basically reset all progress but gave me points for stuff to make the game better. Money that carries over, stats, etc. The demo almost feels too constraining cuz most stuff is locked off and you simply can't manage it. ...Seems sorta interesting but I need to find out how bad the grind could be.

*I was half right. I looked up the gacha game and it turns out this game is actually completely different. A totally new game, but it's just set in the same universe as the dead gacha and the isekai anime.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom