Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow Realms, Bioware's new episodic online co-op action-RPG - Canceled

Angthoron

Arcane
Everytime Bioware presses a button, something horrible happens.
And once their various departments have pressed button many times enough, a game comes out.

argan

Augur
So BioWare made a MMO Romance Simulator?

It is a logical next step. This way, they won't even need to write any romances, since they have the essentials of an interactive dating site already.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I don't get Bioware anymore. After all those PR disasters involving DA2, SWTOR and ME3 they know that Derp Age: CISquisishun has to sell better than Skyim or the studio is finished and what do they do? Introduce a horror MMORPG, with a trailor that isn't even worth shrugging as a reaction. I doubt the loyal Biodrones will chant the usual praise either.
Is that already EA's first step towards making Bioware a faceless mobile game developer?

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Young teen in hoodie fleeing from stalking assailant? Is this the Trayvon Martin simulator Bioware has been working on since 2012?

Only thing that concerns me is that it's increasingly likely that this game is really that mystery project on which they were collaborating with Failbetter games. Given that this is Bioware and EA, the game will flop for sure. And I don't want Failbetter to find themselves in a situation similar to Obsidian and F:NV Metascore debacle. Also I don't really want Failbetter to waste time making F2P P2W MMO (or maybe it's a MOBA, everyone and their uncle is making them this days). But, oh well, if they at least will receive money for that work then it's all good.

buzz

Arcane
Maybe their expertise was required not for good storytelling and atmospheric writing, but for how to monetize story in a f2p game:(.
Fallen London is after all a F2P game (not really MMOish though).

Maybe their expertise was required not for good storytelling and atmospheric writing, but for how to monetize story in a f2p game:(.
Fallen London is after all a F2P game (not really MMOish though).
Maybe so, but if that's the case, then Bio and EA are huge retards. Fallen London's F2P system was atrocious, and it was one of the two things that finally turned me off that game (other was really grindy endgame parts). I would have happily paid a full standard MMO monthly fee to get unlimited access to FL back then, even if I wold have burned through content too fast. But those limited action points drove me crazy. :|

buzz

Arcane
I didn't mind the limited action points but it really pissed me off when they reduced them from 20 to 10 at some point in order to make the paid members feel better. When it was called Echo Bazaar the f2p system was pretty decent, but they jewed it out more and more afterwards

JCDenton2.png
what a shame!

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I vaguely remember bioware releasing a teaser trailer for some post apoc looking game.

It turned out to be command and conquer.

Which turned out to be free to play.

Moral of the story, cool trailers mean jack shit.

titus

Arcane
Patron
And here I was thinking that I'm one of the lucky few. Looks like there are quite a few of us.

Two things:
1. They couldn't sell another SW MMO or expansions, that's a good thing.
2. Wake me up when they go making Facebook flash games, this road is one way only: downhill.
:hero:

:d1p:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Maybe we are just reading it wrong? Perhaps it means: "You have been chosen as one of the very few that are dumb enough to buy it and make US lucky! It worked with SWTOR, sooo pretty please?"

Cromwell

Arcane
I didn't mind the limited action points but it really pissed me off when they reduced them from 20 to 10 at some point in order to make the paid members feel better. When it was called Echo Bazaar the f2p system was pretty decent, but they jewed it out more and more afterwards

They are at 20 now again it seems, But I paid for forty for a month because I wanted to go forward faster. Also if you are at twenty you loose out at night (or any other part of the day were you cant acess a computer) because the 20 will be full and you cant use them which steals time from you since they dont fill up. I dont reret spending money one time more or less directly at the beginning, but I probably would not have done it If I had played it any longer, and will not do it again.

After a while everything feels grindy, you cant really get forward, you can be sent backwards (or in circles) via various methods which have to be solved with more action points or a fucking big number of items or stats. I like the theme, I would pay a monthly fee to play it freely at my own pace if it would have a better system but like it is its shitty. Playong it at work until my special snowflake status is over. They should do a real game lke this, nothing f2p and not like sunless sea, although I hope that gets good and I bought it.

Nothing good can come out of a partnerhsip with bioware and the FL f2p model.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is clearly Bioware's dream game, a vampire game inspired by Twilight.

Angthoron

Arcane
I'd prefer a spork trailer. Sporks haven't been a thing enough in recent years.

Riel

Arcane
When I read Bioware and horror game in the same sentence I inmediately thought on ME4.

Mortmal

Arcane
Let me see in my crystal ball....Free to play heavy on clothes microtransactions, massively dumbed down secret world kind of gameplay cause puzzles , reading and looking for clues are too hard . Thats what i am expecting from EA bioware, and i bet i wont be disapointed. Who wants to take the bet ?

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Collar grabbing poltergeists, necRomancy, socially progressive cosmic horrors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom