Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong Pre-Release Discussion [GO TO NEW THREAD]

How much HBS is going to get for his Hong Kong campaign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, it's official now...and they're gonna Kickstart it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts/1085740

116b640930cb4a8353edb1f6b0dddc8d_large.png

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
:takemymoney:

I hope it is something big, bigger than Dragonfall at least.

Last edited:

Athelas

Arcane
I'm not sure the best course of PR is a matter of fact statement announcing you're gonna ask your fans for their money next month. They could've teased something, at the very least.

Bleed the Man

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Awesome! Liked DMS, Dragonfall (or Daggerfall as I keep calling it whithout even noticing) was pretty damn good.

If they go for kickstarter money, however, I expect not only to keep the progression set by Dragonfall, but to introduce new mechanics or the ones left behind for the original game, like stealth.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm not sure the best course of PR is a matter of fact statement announcing you're gonna ask your fans for their money next month. They could've teased something, at the very least.

Announcing a coming kickstarter is very common. I don't think people take it the way you're putting it unless they dislike the Kickstarter method in general.

Phinx

Augur
I really hope this kickstarter comes with some major engine upgrades. I don't care about graphics (it's good enough already), I want gameplay, persistence, better decking and if they have the time astral world would be a nice inclusion. If they just plan on releasing another campaign with minor updates then I for one will be quite disappointed.

Won't lie though, very excited to see what the stretch goals will be.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I really hope this kickstarter comes with some major engine upgrades. I don't care about graphics (it's good enough already), I want gameplay, persistence, better decking and if they have the time astral world would be a nice inclusion. If they just plan on releasing another campaign with minor updates then I for one will be quite disappointed.

Won't lie though, very excited to see what the stretch goals will be.

I agree, if they're going back to Kickstarter I hope it's for some real improvements. I hope they're going to advertise it as taking the great foundation of Dragonfall and making it into a more traditional and open RPG. If it's just a Kickstarter for new assets and writing that would be disappointing.

Slow James

Savant
Disappointing it needs a kickstarter. I will back it though, Dragonfall was great.

I'll only back it if they look like they won't meet goal.

Stretch goal bonuses and developers pushing to exceed their original goals is part of what makes Kickstarters a hard model - you cannabalize your most likely customers to pay for your game. While that's all good and fine... don't try to cannabalize more players than you need to in order to add things to your game that aren't huge to the central premise.

I feel like a lot of developers did this who were able to generate a lot of interest and it wound up creating scope creep add-ons and fewer sales on Day 1 of Release. That's why I am only funding projects that need it and buying the game full price when it's ready to actually give the developers money to earn a profit, not money to bloat their workload.

Slow James

Savant
I agree, if they're going back to Kickstarter I hope it's for some real improvements. I hope they're going to advertise it as taking the great foundation of Dragonfall and making it into a more traditional and open RPG. If it's just a Kickstarter for new assets and writing that would be disappointing.

Hopefully, the project will be to give the toolset a nice injection of steroids to beef it up, then they just create a ton more content for the next year or so that is solid interwoven content that's more than just sequential room loads and release it. That's all the game needs, honestly.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Shadowrun is such an awesome good news RPG story, I thought Returns was one of the best RPGs of 2013 (if not the best) and Dragonfall was one of the best of 2014 (if not the best). I hope they get the interest they deserve!

pippin

Oh, I'm excited and willing to give them some bux. They really deserve it.

roshan

Arcane
Teaser sucks, I want details! But awesome news all the same. If they can add persistence, the astral world and a stealth system I will be very happy. In fact I'd be very happy with two out of three. :)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm pretty happy about this! At least another good RPG for 2015 :)
I've some demands (hohoho) of course.

-First of all I hope we move to an Asia city (Hong Kong, Beijing or Tokyo)
-More C&C won't hurt,
-We have good number of etiquettes in DF: DC but some of them rarely used. They need some lovin.
-A proper stealth system, maybe solo missions for sneaky bastards or sneaky droids that can operate behind enemy lines.
-Special bullets and granade types maybe some new armors and parts. Also much more spells to choose from.
-Much more gore, I want bathe in my enemies blood!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom