Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong Pre-Release Discussion [GO TO NEW THREAD]

How much HBS is going to get for his Hong Kong campaign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Thanks for the support in the KS comments Jaesun

How would a formation work in a turn-based game where the majority of the combat is taking place? It always struck me as more of a real-time concept.

If we can enter/exit turn-based combat at will, that's where we can position our forces.

Do you have an answer to that?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yea, I just replied to the guy. He clearly has no idea what we're talking about.

eXalted

Arcane
Sound effects could actually benefit from an upgrade, though.
And that repetitive combat track from Dragonfall -_-

J26P4nB.png

Man, I hope that at least 700k are reached.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-kong/comments?cursor=8733302#comment-8733301

Hey Kickstarter!

>>>nominate one person to watch these forums
Small company. 3 projects. Everyone tasked to the max. Working on it.

>>>Add qualities?
Since our games take place in the 2050s, we're focused on mechanics from 1-3 edition of the game. We've been looking at our Etiquette system because we're not completely happy with it.

>>>spirit of the music
Jon Everist has already started his style exploration for Hong Kong but we don't have anything to share yet.

>>>formations for runners
No plans for this directly but you will have the ability to toggle turn mode on to position your team before entering a potentially dangerous area.

>>>Golem Arcana add-ons?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?
Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
Mitch: Just kidding. But the games have nothing to do with each other and this feels inappropriate.

>>>disable VO in cinematics?
We don't plan to have any of our main characters speaking in the animatics so that Gobbet's voice (for example) remains the voice in your head. Instead, we'll use narration and stuff like that.

Mitch

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
No plans for this directly but you will have the ability to toggle turn mode on to position your team before entering a potentially dangerous area.​

That would work.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do they mean like you do it in Wasteland 2 where you can position your rangers before initiating combat? I'm okay with that, if so.

agris

Arcane
Patron
No plans for this directly but you will have the ability to toggle turn mode on to position your team before entering a potentially dangerous area.​

That would work.
Yea, it gets the job done but formations are more elegant and less tedious. I responded, but at least it's on their radar (even if as a negative).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Haha remember when HBS ran out of money and had to take out a loan and death-march to finish Shadowrun Returns.

You know who wants to go through that again: not Weisman. They're working with the budget they have.

Do you have a source for this? Or are you confusing Shadowrun ONLINE (which is not being developed by HBS).

imweasel

The first campaign made 297k the first 24h.
This one made 356k.
:bounce:
The average pledge per backer is currently 38.9 dollars, which is lower than the average pledge per backer of 50.6 dollars for SRR, but they are also hardly giving out any physical rewards for pledges.

Physical goods are very expensive to produce and ship (knock off about 1/3 of SRR's average pledge per backer), so overall this Kickstarter is doing much better than SRR. :D

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Incrementally improving the engine and editor while building an ever-growing stock of tile-based artwork should be a strategy for ever-bigger, ever-better games. I'm hopeful.

Darkzone

Arcane
This site: http://www.kickspy.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong
generally does a much better job predicting trends than Kicktraq (it also uses a much more complex methodology).

I think it's underrating the campaign somewhat due to the low initial goal, but probably more in the ballpark than Kicktraq's current 6.4 million prediction ;)

Their formulas seem also to be hmm. Kicktraq uses a too short time interval and do not include the overall trends of the kickstarter projects. My prediction is around 3x the current 360k, based on my kickstarter experience that the first 2 days make up of around 30% of the whole revenues.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I'm hoping they break the million mark and implement some kind of stealth system and an Astral plane, that would open up their already great level design

Athelas

Arcane
inb4 the game gets negative reviews for underrepresenting Chinese people.

Branm

Learned
Wait a minute so you think its a common Chinese name because you were able to find a friggin dog with the name? WTF.....cant be serious...

zwanzig_zwoelf

They should hire you as their PR spammer. Wouldn't be the first time a Codexer got recruited into the gaming industry.
B-b-but...
skacky worked for Streum On Studio
sea and Brother None work (or worked?) for InXile
That's just from the top of my head, there are definitely more of them.
(cough) I worked on a shitty racing game for PS3. (cough)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom