Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun: Hong Kong Pre-Release Discussion [GO TO NEW THREAD]

How much HBS is going to get for his Hong Kong campaign ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwiftCrack

Arcane
The first Shadowrun kickstarter had paypal.

The fuck.

imweasel

No Paypal is a very bad idea, simply because not everyone has or wants a credit card. Same with no multilanguage (EFIGS) support; It might not affect the Kickstarter very much, but it will definitely hurt sales on Steam.

They really should reconsider. Let's see what happens when the Kickstarter hits 1m dollars.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
No Paypal is a very bad idea, simply because not everyone has or wants a credit card. Same with no multilanguage (EFIGS) support; It might not affect the Kickstarter very much, but it will definitely hurt sales on Steam.

They really should reconsider. Let's see what happens when the Kickstarter hits 1m dollars.

There are services that issue a 'virtual' pre-paid card that works with internet payments, just so you know. I use these for KS exclusively as Amazon payments and now KS itself with stripe shit all over my current card. Mostly casue it is shit.

Crichton

Prophet
I've always been a little dubious about Kickstarter but after the success of Dragonfall and Divinity: Original Sin, I'm a believer. This is the first Kickstarter I've backed.

Ironmonk

Augur
if they keep this pace, increasing 50k a day, they should hit the 700k goal by next tuesday.

imweasel

Cyber-turkey? WTF? :lol:

e6436d1a9819437006c69ba7e08ab2fc_large.png
Cyber-turkey says, "Who wants some?"

Humor is always good though. :D

eXalted

Arcane
I'm happy that Racter seems like a hard boiled type and not some geeky otaku rigger.

Now let's hit those 700k for some Matrix action
Al%20Sharpton%20-%20Matrix%20Parody.gif

57d6620c0a4c81a96ae4abdcecebedad_large.png

Racter is kinda strange nickname for a Russian, if that's even a nickname.

That's to say, I'm somewhat amazed at backers' enthusiasm. Sure, I, like others, liked Dragonfall, but I've never realized that it resonated with so many people. I'd thought that DMS damped many people's enthusiasm for more SR games and so they probably wouldn't have even tried playing Dragonfall. It seems that I was rather spectacularly wrong though.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
All of the NPC's much be Chinese?
Nah, I mean like takes on traditional Chinese or Asian monsters or spirits but with the shadow run twist.

For all the shit jade empire sometimes gets, they had some nice character designs that mixed a bit of both worlds expectations

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Creator Harebrained Schemes LLC 3 minutes ago
Back again!

>>>hint on goals over 700k?
Nope!

>>>goals extend the expected delivery beyond August
I've seen a bunch of speculation on this. The reason we don't list additional time for different funding goals is that we do not anticipate adding additional time. If you read the goals, at least one mentions adding people to get them. That is often where your funding is going - to adding the right people to get the feature done on time.

>>>steam pre-order
Too early to say! I want to focus on hitting funding goals and making a quality game right now.

>>>defending your database in the Matrix
Thanks for the idea. The whole team is watching the comments page and we can't respond to every idea like this but I wanted to respond to this one to tell you that!

>>>reputation mechanics
We’ll do a KS update about that when the time is right.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Gotta keep you people on your toes.... And it's a damn Dragonfall Avatar! Doing my part to support HBS (And this dude is totally HOT)... :salute:

EDIT:

And the Official™ Codex fundraiser should be launching soon.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gotta keep you people on your toes.... And it's a damn Dragonfall Avatar! Doing my part to support HBS (And this dude is totally HOT)... :salute:

EDIT:

And the Official™ Codex fundraiser should be launching soon.
So I added money to the unofficial Codex fundraiser? Crap, my money was probably spent on Cram and Jazz.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You can still add money to it now and it will got to the Fund drive, and not to DU's hookers and Cram fund. ;) We are still negotiating stuff with HBS for the fundraiser (like how many keys we can get etc...) and once that is done we can launch it officially.

Angthoron

Arcane
Yeah, feel free to pledge now, and add more later once you find out how much more awesome it's gon' get.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom