Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Update #57: Shadowrun Has Returned

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Now, that cemetery fight was nice. Hope there's more coming.

And since my charisma is low I didn't have enough money to hire 2 runners before I went to the UB. Chose a shaman over a decker. We'll see, now I feel bad about the choice...
Actually a shaman is pretty useful in the final fight, a fire elemental with the blindness spell and a few elementals as distraction really help against the baddies.
In the UB building my shaman really kicked ass in the final fight; summoning is really powerful especially if you, eh, utilise the environment! ;)

Rake

Arcane

And since my charisma is low I didn't have enough money to hire 2 runners before I went to the UB. Chose a shaman over a decker. We'll see, now I feel bad about the choice...
Actually a shaman is pretty useful in the final fight, a fire elemental with the blindness spell and a few elementals as distraction really help against the baddies.
You can have more that one elemental summoned at the same time?o_O

DeepOcean

Arcane

You can have more that one elemental summoned at the same time?o_O
No, but in the final fight in the UB is totally possible that you are going to replace your elemental as the baddies hit pretty hard and you need more to distract them from raping your party than trying to kill them.

DeepOcean

Arcane

In the UB building my shaman really kicked ass in the final fight; summoning is really powerful especially if you, eh, utilise the environment! ;)
Being able to call an abomination two times with a shaman with high spirit control is pretty much I win button where eviromental summoning is available.

ceics

Novice
Patron
2 Mil for producing this half-assed 'rpg' ??

I am suddenly afraid all the other 'big' KS projects will have a similar snack food value.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
People are complain' about lack of C&C but I had to run coouple of Mission solo thanks to MY PC being honorable sucker Elf and not asking for Jew gold from People. Which is lot better than I will find the people for free and getting scoped hunting riffle worth 3 times the reward from Fallout 2. :troll:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Being able to call an abomination two times with a shaman with high spirit control is pretty much I win button where eviromental summoning is available.
Hm. I found one 'skull symbol' for an abominaiton in the room. The second one I got from a fetish I found at the cemetery. Was there another skull symbol in the room?

That must have been what I had in the back of my head, thanks for reminding me. My post was about something completely different though.

we have an Editor to make adventure games in a hipster setting

hipsters have rather shitty taste, but think the opposite. They also get terribly offended if you criticize their shit like The Matrix. I am getting those vibes here.

backpedaling-o.gif

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
That must have been what I had in the back of my head, thanks for reminding me. My post was about something completely different though.

we have an Editor to make adventure games in a hipster setting

hipsters have rather shitty taste, but think the opposite. They also get terribly offended if you criticize their shit like The Matrix. I am getting those vibes here.

backpedaling-o.gif

He is delusional. Move on.

Eyeball

Arcane
Downloaded this. I quite like it. Atmosphere is well done, character portraits great and the writing so far seems good.

Gameplay IS very bare bones, but the way I see it, this could turn into an excellent Tool to tell stories in the Shadowrun universe through the editor. A bit like the RPGmaker toolset - games made with that are fairly standard fare JRPGs, but some excellent stories turn up among the trashy ones.

I hope for SRR to get enough of a fan following to make some original stories, preferably with more C&C than I have seen in the campaign so far. Oh, and more weapon variety would be nice too.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
He is delusional. Move on.

About what? The hipster thing? Man, that was taken completely out of context. What can I do about it now? Many settings should not be taken serious, my bad, and Shadowrun has solid foundations, which is what counts. Or am I delusional that playing this in its current state is a bit like poking a dead horse, hoping it to stand up?

Burning Bridges

I am suddenly afraid all the other 'big' KS projects will have a similar snack food value.

Did you even read the rest of the thread?

11 posts.

This is what's getting me agitated about this shit. Why are you trying to intimidate the guy, if he just words his opinion in a bad way? He may be a newfag and all that, but half assed RPG and snack value is valid criticism.

DeepOcean

Arcane

Did you even read the rest of the thread?

11 posts.

This is what's getting me agitated about this shit. Why are you trying to intimidate the guy, if he just words his opinion in a bad way? He may be a newfag and all that, but half assed RPG and snack value is valid criticism.
Two reasons: 2 Mil budget thing is already something proven incorrect and if he had read the thread, he would already known and saying the game is shit without elaborate is just pointless. If he wanted to be edgy, be edgy with style , at least. I'm not exactly trying to intimidate the guy but two line posts saying : It's SHIT! and nothing more is hardly amusing.

Burning Bridges

Two reasons: 2 Mil budget thing is already something proven incorrect

I guess 2 million is a good estimation if you count in sales in the first months. All we know that they got ca 1.2 million dollar from kickstarter. No matter what the exact figure is, it appears they ran into budget problems, there are rumors that the license cost 600,000$ etc. They still did a good job with getting a game out on time, but there the problems only begin. Whose fault is that?

and if he had read the thread, he would already known and saying the game is shit without elaborate is just pointless. If he wanted to be edgy, be edgy with style , at least. I'm not exactly trying to intimidate the guy but two line posts saying : It's SHIT! and nothing more is hardly amusing.

Now calm down bro. He just made his point, hardly very eloquent or verbose, but also not as idiotic as typing "11 posts".

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Are there any sales estimates? Any HBS info bits if hey are happy with the sales or not?

SR was one of the most prominent games of July, I can't imagine they'd be unhappy with the sales.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom