Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns Pre-Release Thread

I hope not, I would prefer sticks.

In other news, I totally forgot to ask if someone is interested in a Steam key to play on release day. I can offer two (I'll prudently hold on to the last). I'll check back in, say, 8 hours.

Yeah from India here. Much shittier than potatoland. A key would be appreciated. I guess you are the third Bro I am begging asking? Points for effort?

If you don't understand the point(s) of a credit card, you probably live in your moms basement.
Or maybe you actually work and have money to pay stuff cheaper upfront, instead of paying with interest a month from now... credit cards only use to me is paying online stuff.

I actually use debit card for offline purchases at stores and stuff, cause interest can rack up quickly for the multiple small--medium purchases, and to avoid the mentality of just one more that leads to CC debt trap. CC is much more convenient and secure (for the mandatory $5 annual fees, they give a lot of accident prevention and fraud insurance coverage) and is ideal for online transactions, where it is better to rely on your bank/card for refunds rather than the vendor/supplier.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I think the checkpoint system in SR sounds great, might discourage savescumming. Suck it haterz
The problem is that initial reports suggest that they placed the autosave triggers less then optimally.

Nah
34pgmzb.png

Have you even died once?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you don't understand the point(s) of a credit card, you probably live in your moms basement.
Or maybe you actually work and have money to pay stuff cheaper upfront, instead of paying with interest a month from now... credit cards only use to me is paying online stuff.
I pay online with my debit card, why would I need an extra credit card for that?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
I'm a debit card fetishist. Never had a credit card, which I guess is bad in America? No credit rating? Gotta pay into the system, mang. Ugh. When I lived in Germany, though, the debit card my bank issued me didn't have onea those special bonus three-digit confirmation numbers on the back, so I couldn't use it for online transactions. Internet austerity sucks.

Achievements have their place. It's kind of nice to have a record of what you've done. It bugs me when people do things they wouldn't do otherwise because of achievements, but I don't mind Steam writing it down when I accomplish (hah) something I'd wanted to do anyway (nonlethal run achieves give me a happy, fanx Human Revolution and Dishonored). For me they get dangerous when they're right on the border of something I sorta wanna do (100% stealth run in Dishonored...unh...).

Also, sad it's not lookin like a midnight unlock. Who unlocks at 10 AMish California time? Hmph.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
From Steam:

Minimum:
Processor: X86-compatible 1.4GHz or faster processor
Memory:2 GB RAM
Graphics: DirectX compatible 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory
DirectX®:9.0
Hard Drive:2 GB HD space

It seems you can. ;)

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I lived in post-Soviet utopia for a while and was surprised the grocery "stores" actually took credit cards in the major cities. A far cry from the villages where I handed a few coins to a man for a recently beheaded chicken. That contrast in living styles between city and village is honestly the biggest difference from America I discovered in my year abroad. Small towns in the US typically have all the amenities the city folk do, if not more, unless you're talking about rural Wyoming or something.

Anyway what's the chances for a midnight launch here?

NotTale

Learned
Chances for midnight launch are negligible. Midnight launches are actually rare, I guess Valve has to keep people in the office after hours to flip the switch and make sure things work fine. So actual releases tend to be during the day.

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Whose midnight?

I think we'd be best served by Japanese midnight but I'd settle for east coast midnight. Steam store says approx one day and two hours, but I seem t'recall it gets precise release hours wrong sometimes, so I dunno?

Chances for midnight launch are negligible. Midnight launches are actually rare, I guess Valve has to keep people in the office after hours to flip the switch and make sure things work fine. So actual releases tend to be during the day.

Err, I've hung around for quite a few, I think. Although...none come to mind at the moment. I don't think you need a human operator to start distribution. You just point at your Gabe Newell interactive swimsuit calendar and say THERE.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I think the checkpoint system in SR sounds great, might discourage savescumming. Suck it haterz
The problem is that initial reports suggest that they placed the autosave triggers less then optimally.

Nah
34pgmzb.png

Have you even died once?

That is classified... for now
34pgmzb.png
You take the NDA too seriously.

It's basically suffice to say that if you aren't a moron, the checkpoint saving won't bother you much.

NotTale

Learned
I don't think you need a human operator to start distribution. You just point at your Gabe Newell interactive swimsuit calendar and say THERE.

But you do need a human operator if it fails to launch, or if enough people start downloading at once that the entire system shits itself.

dunno lah

Arcane
From Steam:

Minimum:
Graphics: DirectX compatible 3D graphics card with at least 256MB of addressable memory

It seems you can. ;)

I've never really trusted those requirement things they put up. According to the sys req for FNV, it "seems" that I can run it but I actually fucking can't even when most everything's at low. I probably wouldn't even play FNV on low since that shit looks even worse than SNES DOOM...

Anyway, any other good samaritan willing to give a newfag a steam key for SRR? I knew I shouldn't have pledged for TTON physical...:(

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
From Steam:

Minimum:

It seems you can. ;)

I wonder how much of that "required" 256 MB VRAM the game will actually use.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A prepaid credit card is fully paid off when you get it and won't lead you into debt though :lol:.
But you're always going to have a few cents left over on one you can't spend, and need to keep buying new ones, etc. Also, credit cards offer far more purchase protection for you than prepaid cards do (such as if you pay for a product but never receive it and file a complaint with your credit card company).

Nothing wrong with credit cards. The problem is people who can't control their spending and who buy things they can't afford. Protip: it's not hard to just not buy something until you have the money for it.

Debit cards, everyone has. I dunno how it is in the US but even online purchases here are made the same way, via the "ideal" system, where you just wire the money straight from your bank account, no extra fees or anything. I order everything I buy in the Netherlands with ideal, and even Steam supports it. I'd much rather us it or PayPal for small purchases than my credit card, it just doesn't make sense to me to use a credit card for small purchases like those, which I would prefer to just pay straight away.
Debit cards offer you far less protection than credit cards. Getting your bank to refund your money spent with a debit card vs. a credit card, especially an online transaction, is going to be much more difficult in many cases. Credit card companies often respond to theft and unauthorized transactions within the hour and will usually contact any involved parties on your behalf, rather than leaving you to sort it all out yourself and "maybe" get your money back.

Wrong. As long as your debit card has a Visa or MasterCard logo on it you get the exact same protections as a credit card. No need to go into debt just to get some phantom protection that also exists on debit cards.

Oh yeah, CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY THIS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When can I get it on my tablet? I backed, so I'll have it on Steam tomorrow, but I'd like another copy for my tablet.

Also, you don't have to pay interest on credit cards if you pay them off immediately. You get free points for the same shit you'd buy anyway, and I'm fairly certain the protection is better. Maybe that's all lies.

NotTale

Learned
Does your tablet not allow Steam?

If you're looking for the DRM free release for backers, I imagine that's available tomorrow as well.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Oh cool, good support from em there, I figured they'd be too swamped but they got me my key in a couple of hours. Looks like I'll be playing it along with the rest of you.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does your tablet not allow Steam?

If you're looking for the DRM free release for backers, I imagine that's available tomorrow as well.

Oh, derp, I meant to say my Android tablet. I really hope I didn't miss out on Steam for Android and nobody told me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom