Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns Pre-Release Thread

Ramireza

Savant
Sorry, for me this looks like a cheap XCom (the popamole one) clone in the Shadowrun Universe.

Furhter It "feels" and looks like typical Mobile game.

Well, maybe the Editor could safe it, but tbh: I am disapointed and i am glad that i didnt backed this.

LeJosh

Savant
Sorry, for me this looks like a cheap XCom (the popamole one) clone in the Shadowrun Universe.

Well, maybe the Editor could safe it, but tbh: I am disapointed and i am glad that i didnt backed this.
:hmmm:

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

:0/5:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
3KO00.png

Nael

Arcane
Thank you. Now I can still afford my nanny and my gardener. Good looking out. Maybe those who can't afford the game need to get jobs or move away from Potatoland.

:troll:

LeJosh

Savant
huehuehue

I just need to wait a week, probably for the better as the KKKodex impressions will be at boiling point.

Repressed Homosexual
The only thing it has going for it is its atmosphere, otherwise even Jeff Vogel's Avadon has better and deeper gameplay, and far more content. Music seems disappointing as well, uninspired generic music and remixes by the composers of the SNES and Genesis games. What a shame.

Morkar Left

You ruin everything :rpgcodex: Would have been amusing reading his feeble attempts.

Repressed Homosexual
Watching the let's play for 8 mins I have to say I like the mood and writing. I'm looking forward to an enjoyable classical rpg that isn't made in the 90's.

Jeff Vogel's Avadon has better and deeper gameplay
Care to elaborate?

Avadon is 35 hours-long or so, and will have a more detailed story and more gameplay systems.

Shadowrun returns will only be 12 hours long, looks more linear and limited, will have less dialogue, less choices, will lack basic elements like inventory, stealth, and save anywhere. The music is a big disappoinment. And most of all the combat based on the gameplay videos looks very basic isometric turn-based stuff, no different than from a Jeff Vogel game, who is already not very good at combat. The options from the PnP game are for the most part gone.

I want to play it for the atmosphere, but otherwise it's a mobile developer on a limited budget making a game limited in scope. Don't except a revolution. Wasteland 2 has a better, more experienced team, and it will make all the difference.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
This looks loads better than Avadon, are you drunk? Avadon has that retarded stamina system and small Diablo skill trees for the 3 classes it has. Plus the story is banal shit boring biowarean crap.

I couldn't bring myself to even finish the demo

Morkar Left

Watching the let's play for 8 mins I have to say I like the mood and writing. I'm looking forward to an enjoyable classical rpg that isn't made in the 90's.

Jeff Vogel's Avadon has better and deeper gameplay
Care to elaborate?

Avadon is 35 hours-long or so, and will have a more detailed story and more gameplay systems.

Shadowrun returns will only be 12 hours long, looks more linear and limited, will have less dialogue, less choices, will lack basic elements like inventory, stealth, and save anywhere. The music is a big disappoinment. And most of all the combat based on the gameplay videos looks very basic isometric turn-based stuff, no different than from a Jeff Vogel game, who is already not very good at combat. The options from the PnP game are for the most part gone.

I want to play it for the atmosphere, but otherwise it's a mobile developer on a limited budget making a game limited in scope. Don't except a revolution. Wasteland 2 has a better, more experienced team, and it will make all the difference.

That Avadon is probably longer I haven't questioned.
Where did you get that Avadon has a more detailed story? And how has Avadon more gameplay systems compared to SR Returns? SR Returns has a lot of skills, more attributes and even nuances like different Etiquettes. Has Avadon similar or more sophisticated systems like these? Combat allows taking cover, you can hack systems etc. And it looks like the skills get a lot more use to resolve obstacles depending on skill which doesn't seem the case in Avadon.
But since I haven't even played Avadon nor SR Return I'm sure you can enlighten me further. And in more detail please. With facts would be nice.

aris

Arcane
Prepare for an epic tidal wave of massive apologism filling this thread by every codex hive-drone that jizzed like crazy after name-dropping and hearing the word "old-school", and threw 3-10 times more money on the game than it's worth, thus making a bioware-drone look like a bastion of resistance against marketing.

I'm hoping for a decent game, and one that at least doesn't suck for the 20 dollars I threw on the kickstarter, let's hope it gets fullfilled.

NotTale

Learned
Prepare for an epic tidal wave of massive apologism

I'm already preparing my longwinded diatribe about how it's not the game, it's the potential I paid for. I could use a proofreader, you interested? I'm mostly need passes on the segments where I read too much into game system failings and try to present them as virtues, as well as the part where I go into an ill-informed tangent on the history of computer CRPGs that ends up going nowhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom