Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns Pre-Release Thread

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Haven't really been following this, sorry bros. From the excitement in this thread I gather it's expected to be Not Shit™?

aris

Arcane
Prepare for an epic tidal wave of massive apologism

I'm already preparing my longwinded diatribe about how it's not the game, it's the potential I paid for. I could use a proofreader, you interested? I'm mostly need passes on the segments where I read too much into game system failings and try to present them as virtues, as well as the part where I go into an ill-informed tangent on the history of computer CRPGs that ends up going nowhere.

Not sure if serious? Sure, I could proof-read it for you, but I don't see the point. Most people here don't care if you fail your grammar or spelling here, god knows that I commit many of them.

Repressed Homosexual
Music seems disappointing as well

Ban HHR. Music is quite possibly this game's best part and I will not suffer anyone trolling about it :x

Based on the hour long GameSpot video demo, it is really underwhelming. It was basically an uninspired remix of one of the SNES combat tracks. I was really disappointed when I heard that, because the music is what I looked forward to the most.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Prepare for an epic tidal wave of massive apologism

I'm already preparing my longwinded diatribe about how it's not the game, it's the potential I paid for. I could use a proofreader, you interested? I'm mostly need passes on the segments where I read too much into game system failings and try to present them as virtues, as well as the part where I go into an ill-informed tangent on the history of computer CRPGs that ends up going nowhere.

Not sure if serious?

:hmmm:

Repressed Homosexual
This looks loads better than Avadon, are you drunk? Avadon has that retarded stamina system and small Diablo skill trees for the 3 classes it has. Plus the story is banal shit boring biowarean crap.

I couldn't bring myself to even finish the demo

It wasn't the most elaborate system in the world but it worked OK, especially in the context of a turn based game. The story was generic but Jeff crafted a lot of content and invested a lot of energy on it. Better than the next AAA game.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

A shocking twist occurs!
We all joined on one Friday or the other, man. Don't judge. Peace.

Upon further revision, I must apologize to brother NotTale, who appears to have joined Codex to actually discuss RPGs, rather than shitpost and troll. Forgive me, brother, for in these dark times it is often more prudent to shoot first and ask no questions of the corpse.

On a related note, I hoped HBS would make a bigger and better game with their profits, but it appears they're blowing the money on some bullshit tabletop/tablet hybrid abomination for iOS hipsters who cannot into rules and reading. :x

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

A shocking twist occurs!

Upon further revision, I must apologize to brother NotTale, who appears to have joined Codex to actually discuss RPGs, rather than shitpost and troll. Forgive me, brother, for in these dark times it is often more prudent to shoot first and ask no questions of the corpse.

On a related note, I hoped HBS would make a bigger and better game with their profits, but it appears they're blowing the money on some bullshit tabletop/tablet hybrid abomination for iOS hipsters who cannot into rules and reading. :x
Saving this post for when NotTale turns out to be bryce.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

A shocking twist occurs!

Saving this post for when NotTale turns out to be bryce.

Now that would be shocking. If he can fake this level of normalcy, he could basically impersonate anyone.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now that would be shocking. If he can fake this level of normalcy, he could basically impersonate anyone.

bNfiD0H.jpg

Repressed Homosexual
http://www.shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/28437/berlin-is-more-like-genesis-game-more-open-world

Jordan reveals that while Seattle is a tad closer to the SNES game with a somewhat more linear plot, the Berlin campaign is more like the Sega Genesis game in that it is freeform with a more open world and tons of side quests/runs for different Johnsons

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I'm hugely skeptical for this. It's a short piece of DLC, low budget too (they already said they ran out of funding a while ago), and with a short development time.

Can they really make something like the Genesis game? It just doesn't add up.

Is the Codex losing its mind? Throw a few famous old developpers and old franchises, and you guys become as gaga as Justin Bieber fangirls, even when it comes from unproven developers with a forgettable track record. Yes they can the original creator but it's probably not enough.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Modding communities can make a game worth purchasing... eventually.

I can't speak for SRR but if there is enough interest in the game it could become an awesome game with time regardless of developer support.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Throw a few famous old developpers and old franchises, and you guys become as gaga as Justin Bieber fangirls

I hope that I will see a KS like 'I was a janitor in ORIGIN Systems offices back in 90-s, so I know everything about RPGs. Now throw me some bucks so I can waste them on booze' someday.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Prepare for an epic tidal wave of massive apologism filling this thread by every codex hive-drone that jizzed like crazy after name-dropping and hearing the word "old-school", and threw 3-10 times more money on the game than it's worth, thus making a bioware-drone look like a bastion of resistance against marketing.

I'm hoping for a decent game, and one that at least doesn't suck for the 20 dollars I threw on the kickstarter, let's hope it gets fullfilled.

:1/5:

Come on Gaudaost, you can do much better.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Prepare for an epic tidal wave of massive apologism filling this thread by every codex hive-drone that jizzed like crazy after name-dropping and hearing the word "old-school", and threw 3-10 times more money on the game than it's worth, thus making a bioware-drone look like a bastion of resistance against marketing.

I'm hoping for a decent game, and one that at least doesn't suck for the 20 dollars I threw on the kickstarter, let's hope it gets fullfilled.

How's your Diablo 3 treating you these days, blizzdrone?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom