Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Shadowrun Returns Via Kickstarter

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
HBS sent me an answer to my questions after ca. 48h, very nice.

Please watch the video for Update 3. It included the look of the game.

This will not be a single story game but a a game of endless mission. Some created by us and other created by the fans using the Level Editor.​

Not sure if I understand the "game of endless missions" thing, but at least it doesn't sound like a boring linear campaign.

And in Update 3, JW talks about an "X-Com like game in terms of it's perspective and depth of tactical play"
:bounce:

Shannow

Waster of Time
You must be totally full of yourself.

So you know everything one needs to know, and you find it aggravating that other people have questions.

What a load of bullshit.
Either that or I expect people to read/watch the information on the KS page and think for themselves. Perhaps both :smug:

You yourself just admitted that questions you had were answered quite some time ago. That the game would be made up out of "runs" (with an overarching story-frame, btw) has been pretty clearly stated from the beginning. Also that there would be an editor. And Update 3 has been up for 8 days, too.

But you're still treating this like it's some near finished product, instead of accepting that it's still not much more than a concept and anything apart from (the very general and vague) "A graphically rich 2D turn-based single player game with deep story interaction, meaningful character development, and highly-contextual tactical combat," is still in flux.

Is it similar to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. then which has missions that you can perform endlessly but still has an overarching storyline? Well except that it isn't a FPS and other things...

Burning Bridges

Shannow

Reden wir aneinander vorbei?

Believe me I read a LOT of information on the kickstarter pages, watched videos and browsed forums.

I am also aware that my questions appear really stupid, now that I found the answers. You can call me a retard in those instances. I just think I am not the only one with the exact same questions. For example both Fargo and Weisman made the first clear statements about the games perspective only DAYS ago.

You said that you only pledged for WL2 and SRR, and by the deadline next week I am going to do exactly the same. So there is no difference between our final assessment. You just came to the same conclusions much faster.

I can accept if want to invest your money without concrete information, but you should also accept that not every one is like that.

I want to make sure that my money goes only into the right games, not into projects that predictably fail or turn out to be some sort of hipster shit. This because I have become careful with money, and also out of principle.

Burning Bridges

from http://harebrained-schemes.com/
It's strange with SRR, whenever I see a new tidbit of info, I have more questions.

I really appologize to all the people who already know what kind of game it will be.

That's obviously a different game: http://harebrained-schemes.com/strikefleet/

Yes, seems to be that Strike Fleet Omega game.

But well, actually this looks already 10x better than Crimson Steam Pirates, and shows they can make great looking games too.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Holy shit they made the 1,000,000 mark. At least the Linux people now can play it on that platform.

Don't fuck this up, Harebrained Schemes.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update #6 at 1.5M they will create an "exclusive' mission that ties-in to the SNES/Genesis games into this new one. I don't like the idea of exclusive at all. In just screams day-one DLC or pre-order exclusive to me :x. Just make it for everyone. I posted this on the Kickstarter site as well:

Here's another vote to allow everyone to get the "exclusive" mission. That's not what Kickstater is about. The goal itself to get the SNES/Genesis tie-in mission is great but don't make it exclusive to us. The physical rewards are cool but the game itself should not be dragged through the mud of "exclusive pre-order" or "DLC" type junk! Make a COMPLETE game for everyone to see what these style games are and hopefully bring on a renaissance of turn-based, single-player, story driven cRPGs!!!

Now they did state that they were not going to pile more features into the game but just expand upon the vision they began with which is a very good position in my opinion. Deepen the stories, more characters, more missions, etc.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
haha, if this was a mainstream product the fans would be high fiving each other for the badass exclusive they were going to get and calling everyone who complained entitled people who wanted something for free, plus something about how you're getting a full game already etc etc cocks in their mouth cyndi lauper, etc

Dexter

Arcane
I'm still getting a weird vibe off this game and he still hasn't made any concrete statement about what it is going to be like other than name-dropping a few games like XCOM etc.

I'ma just wait till it is out, I'm fine with backing Wasteland 2, Double Fine Adventure and Larry for now :P

I don't know guys, I watched the 6th video update, and it seems to me that all the additional half a million $ goes to more game content, dialogue and depth and that backers only "connecting" mission is only something small, as a thanks to backers. But still I don't like the idea of a preorder dlc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom