Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadows of Adam - 16Bit JRPG Kickstarter and Demo!

Something Classic

Barely Literate
Hi everyone!

I'm Tyler from Something Classic Games. We are designing a 16 bit JRPG entitled "Shadows of Adam" to be launched on PC, Mac, and Linux. We have just launched a Kickstarter campaign to help finish our project! Funds will be used to continue to hire professional artists and sound designers as well secure potential ports to consoles and other mediums. The game is coded in ImpactJS.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/949430021/shadows-of-adam

On our Kickstarter page you can find our free demo to try for your enjoyment!

Please check out our screenshots and let me know what you think!

Screenshots:

demo5.png

demo6.png

watergarden.png

battle2.png

demo2.png

gifLightning.gif

Social Media

Twitter: https://twitter.com/somethingclassc

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SomethingClassicGames

www.somethingclassic.net

www.shadowsofadam.com

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Hi,
I was following this game on Kickstarter (ok, I backed it but I also back any kind of crap).
I like the aspect of the combat screen.

I have got some questions :
- Will the exploration will require the use of characters' (totally non-combat or usable also in combat) skills? That's always a cool thing, as far as I'm concerned.
- Will the exploration will include some non-linearity or only a few secrets?
- Just to be sure that I understood right, the outdoor exploration will be fluid, but the dungeons will contain puzzles and mazes (I'm ok with that)?

bminorkey

Luke Wascholtz - creator of The Way, by far the best RPG Maker game I've played - is on this team. I highly recommend looking into this project you guys.

Something Classic

Barely Literate
As of now most interactions do not involve character skills. Most environments will be combined with puzzles, moving switches, climbing vines, jumping across rocks, falling down holes, lighting up crystals, etc.. No random battles will help make that enjoyable as you won't be constantly interrupted while you are solving the puzzle.

There will moments of nonlinearity, branching paths and secret treasure :)

Hi,
I was following this game on Kickstarter (ok, I backed it but I also back any kind of crap).
I like the aspect of the combat screen.

I have got some questions :
- Will the exploration will require the use of characters' (totally non-combat or usable also in combat) skills? That's always a cool thing, as far as I'm concerned.
- Will the exploration will include some non-linearity or only a few secrets?
- Just to be sure that I understood right, the outdoor exploration will be fluid, but the dungeons will contain puzzles and mazes (I'm ok with that)?

Something Classic

Barely Literate
Luke Wascholtz - creator of The Way, by far the best RPG Maker game I've played - is on this team. I highly recommend looking into this project you guys.

Luke is extremely talented and write a brilliant script but I just want to restate that this is NOT an rpgmaker game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom