Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Share your "I am not playing" list

new fucking guy

Scholar
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
the other thread sucks. post games you will never play, others try to convince you they're good

uif6rk4.png

bully has trash port
I think grid is supposed to be good? idk fucking racing games
I never launched mirror's edge but it looks like gay platforming

GewuerzKahn

Savant
"What is the worst game you never played?" Is a better title and this thread is gay

ValeVelKal

Arcane
the other thread sucks. post games you will never play, others try to convince you they're good

uif6rk4.png

bully has trash port
I think grid is supposed to be good? idk fucking racing games
I never launched mirror's edge but it looks like gay platforming
Bully is in my "will play eventually".

Mirror's Edge is fun, though not fun enough that I finished it.

Noy into racing games.

Vatnik Wumao
D:OS 1&2. Played a bit of the one in which you start on an island and hated the cartoony aesthetics. Reminded me of Fable (which is another series that I wouldn't play).

Machocruz

Arcane
Anything Ubisoft
Anything with Tetsuya Nomura in a prominent position
Any tactical game that apes XCOM's move-action system
Doom Eternal
Diablo clones

Farewell into the night

I just came to conclusion that my "games I will never play" list is infinite.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Injustice. The devs took a pretty good episode of a cartoon from 15 years ago, stretched it out to five hours, shit the bed on character design and wanted $60 for it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Mirror's Edge is pretty good. It's mostly platforming but it makes it work in first-person, and it's kind of fun when the rare combat happens and you run, grab a gun, shoot a few shots, then keep running. Has a much different vibe than any FPS in that regard.

I have tons of GOG and Steam stuff I'll never play. Big ones off the top of my head are lots of 2D retro platformers and point and click adventures that I mostly buy for nostalgia's sake but just never make time for. Shovel Knight, Deponia games, Wadjet Eye games, Curse of the Moon, shit like that.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Mirror's Edge is pretty good. It's mostly platforming but it makes it work in first-person, and it's kind of fun when the rare combat happens and you run, grab a gun, shoot a few shots, then keep running.

Mirrors Edge is great and has a nice balance between dynamic platforming and passages that are almost a little more like riddles. The atmosphere is great too, its actually kind of a relaxing game. The combat passages are actually not that rare, which is something that I noticed on a rare second playthrough in which I liked the game less than the first. The combat and action parts do not really add a lot and distract from the things the games actually good at.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom