Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Share your "I am not playing" list

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The combat and action parts do not really add a lot and distract from the things the games actually good at.

That's a common criticism, but I dunno. Something about sprinting around, getting cornered, then stealing a guy's shotgun and shooting him and his friend, then running again before their buddies show up... it was just fun for me.

downwardspiral

Learned
Too many but currently I can think of
Starcraft, Warcraft Diablo Series or most stuff by blizzard
Anything Warhammer related
Mass Effect Series
Outer world
Undertale
XCOM Chimera Squad and all XCOM ish game following it.

downwardspiral

Learned
Overrated indie shit like Undertale, Spelunky and Hollow Knight

Hollow knight is great if you love Castelvania, IDK if it's overrated but it's definitely good

Starcraft, Warcraft Diablo Series or most stuff by blizzard

Diablo 1-2 and Warcraft 2-3 are great

I don't play ARPGs. I play action game with little or no RPG elements but not ARPGs.
I also dislike skill tree system. Diablo 1 and especially 2 is everything I dislike.

I played too much AOE and C&C back then to enjoy any traditional RTS now.
And I was not a fan of blizzard's RTS style then I won't be now as I won't play any traditional RTS in the foreseeable future.
It is a completely burn out genre for me.

Ulysa

Scholar
Witcher 3 I tried 2 times to like it but I just hate Geralt and possibly the writers.

Shooters. I'm so bad.

Citizen

5bEGGJS.jpg

:troll:

Gib me all your participation awards

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Not trying to win edgy points but...

Anything with crinkley-haired, physically challenged, rainbow flavored weirdos as the proto-ganist. I don't even give a shit what it's about. If I see Tootie from Facts of Life jumping over flaming barrels while hip-shooting a minigun at vaguely white male supervillains, I'm out. It's played out, boring, and too predictable. Woke is making us all sleepy.

Also point and clicks. I didn't enjoy them 20 years ago, and I don't enjoy them now. Ok, Maniac Mansion was pretty good, but one or two good ones in 25 years isn't a good metric for me to follow.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Anything with crinkley-haired, physically challenged, rainbow flavored weirdos as the proto-ganist. I don't even give a shit what it's about. If I see Tootie from Facts of Life jumping over flaming barrels while hip-shooting a minigun at vaguely white male supervillains, I'm out. It's played out, boring, and too predictable. Woke is making us all sleepy.
Play Celeste:

Curratum

Aaaaaaaaaah wanna know, have you eveeer seeeen the PAIN

OspNG58.jpg
rpYH5pz.jpg

This defeats the purpose of the images, but yes, I have around 1000 games that I won't ever touch so I've hidden them so they don't clutter my library, and have visible 406 games that I play or intend to play and finish at some point.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I "only" have like 500 Steam games and even then half of them are probably shit I'll never play.

Same thing on GOG, though at least there I theoretically want to play most of them.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I "only" have like 500 Steam games and even then half of them are probably shit I'll never play.

Same thing on GOG, though at least there I theoretically want to play most of them.

It's quite a drug, isn't it? At times I feel all of us gamers are just a more curious (and cash-happy) form of science experiment lab rat. How many more times shall I pass this same right turn before I reach the cheese?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's quite a drug, isn't it? At times I feel all of us gamers are just a more curious (and cash-happy) form of science experiment lab rat. How many more times shall I pass this same right turn before I reach the cheese?

To be fair a lot of my Steam garbage is from years ago, when the $5 sales felt more exciting and before I learned I'd never play half of it. I'm much better about not buying that kind of stuff nowadays, and in fact barely even check Steam sales anymore. My main vice now is old games on GOG, stuff I theoretically want to play (or play again) but will likely never have time to get around to because new shit comes out all the time and I usually end up replaying my favorites rather than something that was only okay. Like I could be playing Lands of Lore 2 or 3 right now, but instead I'm playing New Vegas for the fourth time.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
You can *enjoy* rolling in the mud too, which is what you are doing. There are different levels to enjoyment.

Shitposter
Aaaaaaaaaah wanna know, have you eveeer seeeen the PAIN

OspNG58.jpg
rpYH5pz.jpg

This defeats the purpose of the images, but yes, I have around 1000 games that I won't ever touch so I've hidden them so they don't clutter my library, and have visible 406 games that I play or intend to play and finish at some point.

holy shit I thought mine was bad with 350 hidden games and like 5 non-hidden games
bunch of those trashy $1 bundles? lol

Kao

Novice
Looter Shooters of any kind. Borderlands, Destiny, etc. Accidentally played Wolfenstein Youngblood without realizing it was one of these. Never again. Honestly I don't want to play any FPS where numbers pop up when you shoot something.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I've excluded every possible permutation of "online game" I could think of and Steam still recommends online games to me all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom